Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Black Ops 2 a waste of money?  (Read 11891 times)

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

Black Ops 2 a waste of money?
« on: November 18, 2012, 05:53:57 PM »
Seriously , many consumers still buy this shit, Cod uses the same engin all the time, it's like buying a new expansion for 60$. What do you think?
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Leetgrain

Re: Black Ops 2 a waste of money?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »
Doesn't matter about the Engine, matters about how fun it is.

If there was not going to be extortionately priced DLC (Which there will be.) and tons of hackers, I would buy it, I bought the original Black Ops and it is pretty fun, but like Battlefield 3, you won't escape the whiny, annoying bastards who lie in wait.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:03:41 PM by Leetgrain »
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:00:55 PM »

Offline (QC) Spell Bound

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »
Doesn't matter about the Engine, matters about how fun it is.

If there was not going to be extortionately priced DLC (Which there will be.) and tons of hackers, I would buy it, I bought the original Black Ops and it is pretty fun, but like Battlefield 3, you won't escape the whiny, annoying bastards who lie in wait.
I agree with you on the fun part, but this infinity and triarch are making shit loads of cash on these people. BF3 is trying it's best by adding new engines, features.
I had bought the original black ops also, but i believe that cod should stop making games until they come up with something new, instead of always adding weapons and stories. There is a slight drop in the cod community, many have turned their backs on black ops 2 , just like the new medal of honor.
*DEAD* (TEAM) (=CG=) StormOfAshes: you can't even spell.
*DEAD* (TEAM) HamsterAtWar: bitch i can spell wright

"if you bother me with the steam cards again, I'll cut your nuts off and stuff them with rice and chesnuts like a christmas turkey :)" - Storm

It's all fun and games until someone pulls out a brand new .44 magnum, world's mot powerful handgun... yeahhhhhhhhhhhh - Storm ( Actually Clint Eastwood)

*DEAD* Lunar Xmascopter: I am going to have you banned! My Dad is a developer for Nintendo!

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:54 PM »
Sounds like L4D2, same game, different maps, and characters.

Offline Lone Mudkips

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »
My answer is in that topic. No. I don't plan on buying it. I may had some fun with Black Ops (zombies and offline matches with my dad), but I am aware that it's the same gameplay that they release every year.

Personally, I don't care what people buy. It's their choice on buying the CoD franchise after all.

No doubt that Activision are demanding for another title after making $500 million on the first day that Black Ops II came out. -_-

Quote from: Lone Grey
TTT is like a radio station, they always play the same damn thing every day.
In Memory of BladeTwin
I almost made it
Fuck you Scooby
From Organ Trail Stream

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:09 PM »
fuck no dude this game is the bee's knees

like honestly, i know CoD games tend to be similar but they really tapped into some different areas with this game. the new zombies is unique as fuck with a map where you ride a bus and shit. zombies in general has a load of new features that make it worth getting.

multiplayer i will not say much about. they changed a bit of the interference and how things work but to its core, it's still a CoD multiplayer game. its enjoyable to say the least.

CAMPAIGN! this is where treyarch shines with their excellent and interesting story (for a CoD game). they changed it up quite a bit too with that strike force or whatever the hell you call it missions.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »
I agree with Emo. As someone who recognizes the redundant behaviors of Treyarch/Infinity Ward/Activision, I can't deny that the past few Call of Duty games have been far from appealing due to the fact that they were all so similar.
Personally, I've enjoyed Treyarch's approach to CoD than Infinity Ward's simply because they're more focused on the "fun" aspect rather than the competitive. Zombies never fails to please me on BO or W@W simply because it's so diverse and different from other arcade zombie shooters. They appease to story-telling via campaign and I can't say I've ever felt truly empty when playing it. I didn't play Black Ops 2 (yet) minus from what I've been able to play at my work, but I'm impressed so far. Hell, I still played BO for zombies every once in awhile.

Multiplayer is a different story. They changed a LOT of aspects of the multiplayer but in the end, it's still a Call of Duty title and it still plays and feels the same as a CoD game should. Still, I never really played for purely the multiplayer.

Also, let me state that just because a game engine is the same doesn't necessarily mean the game engine wasn't changed in itself. The core engine is still present but many changes occur through the coding of the game.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Yahtzee

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 08:21:22 PM »
The engine its self is REALLY showing its age. I say call of duty should just take a break for a couple of years.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »
i enjoyed playing black-ops 1 way more than i did with MW3.  That game was a rushed mess and should never have been released. The maps are to small and bland and the graphics are all grey and horrible i mean at least black-ops 1 had some colours.  I'm looking forward to playing black-ops 2 as well as trolling 13 year old kids by trapping them in corners  trollface
>implying Treyarch's color pallet isn't 50 shades of Gray

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 10:26:17 PM »
I am finding it quite enjoyable so far. The multiplayer seems to be even more fast paced, which I don't find that fun. BO seemed to be slower paced, and the maps were bigger allowing me to take a couple of silencers and pwn people, but the new one seems to require you to check your back after every kill just because the spawn system seems to like to deposit people behind you. That being said, it seems like they finally have acheived some sort of balance, the kill streaks are few and far inbetween meaning your get spammed much less then the rest of series by death machines, and the guns all seem to have a pro and con that suits play style, more then making one gun the best and seeing everybody use that weapon.

I have yet to touch the single player and zombies is always fun. Had a lot of good times with World at War and BO zombies with friends.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 10:37:11 PM »
All of you should go run into a guardian, with that said warthog on the boat is the best killstreak ever

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 12:10:34 AM »
like honestly, i know CoD games tend to be similar but they really tapped into some different areas with this game. the new zombies is unique as fuck with a map where you ride a bus and shit.

>Zombies
>Riding a bus
>Dayz

In all seriousness though I have to agree with you guys that I've always enjoyed treyarch's games more than infinity ward's and although I haven't purchased this one yet I feel that it will be quite enjoyable. Also the reason why the campain is better in this one is most likely because it's based off of a novel.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 02:30:05 AM »
CoD 4 was excellent, but after that IW decided to go all Micheal Bay and make a mess of the single player campaign. Treyarch got to play second fiddle, but instead of just doing it by the numbers, they attempted new things with their single player and created zombies. They kept trying to improve all of the game, not just minor tweaks and hence it seems that they have become the much better developer. I just wish they could make something else, they will be forever tied to CoD until they die or the series dies.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
Nnnnooooo. It feels fresh enough so it's wort my money at least. On top of that at least the Quake engine WORKS, unlike the other AAA fps engine we got lately (Frostbite2), it looks pretty decent, the levels are nice and varied, zombies is as much fun as ever and the SP has its moments.
I need a new sig...

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »
Everyone was fucking complaining when all we had was WWII games; we've finally moved on and now they're bitching about futuristic FPS's. God damn; why?

Honestly they're all the same to me, Rainbow Six, COD, MoH, BF3; etc. I just happen to prefer COD over the others, and if I'm going to get an FPS it's going to be COD because I've been playing them since COD1, and because Zombies are AWESOME. Each FPS one has something different to offer and maybe different people prefer other games, but COD is GOLD compared to 70% of console games out there that are complete shit, from the movie game spinoffs(some of them) to Dynasty Warriors (yeah their still making those) and so on.

There is a little bit of fun to be had in every game, it's the replay value that makes the game really worth purchasing. Specially when you're dropping 60$ on the game, and with Zombies, an always improving/changing multiplayer and a beautiful action packed story line that makes you feel like you're the most badass dude on the planet; it's the perfect game for everyone. My mom and dad watched me play through MW2 on the PS3 when it first came out, well mostly my dad but he really wanted to play it; and so did my little sister. Clearly the game is doing something right.

Seriously though, ALL games are a waste of money. Except ZPS because it's free, and I've played that for 4000+ hours and I still crave it after a few days without it.

TLDR Try to borrow it from a friend then it's totally worth it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:21:25 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal