Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What are the BEST 3DS games? Need recommendations, no fighting over them.  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Christovski

So I realize today that when I pre-ordered my Pokemon X/Y edition 3DS XL, it releases in a couple of weeks, which is another few weeks before my pre-order of Pokemon X.  So I need games to play in the meantime.

I already know I DO want the new Mario Kart, and that I DON'T want the new Animal Crossing (I simply don't have the time or dedication to maintain all the shit in that game) and obviously I've already got Pokemon on order.  So recommend me some good 3DS games!

I also hear there's some new Luigi game that might be good but I got no freakin clue whether it actually is

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline oobla37

Re: What are the BEST 3DS games? Need recommendations, no fighting over them.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »
Luigis mansion 2. Pretty good puzzle/action game. Solve puzzles, catch ghosts. Some backtracking, 7/10. Long game, lots of fun, but some backtracking. It really picks up after the first mansion, so if you do get it, don't give up on it after an hour.

Fire emblem: Awakening. Fantastic. 10/10, great strategy game. In depth character development and relationship building. Amazing storyline, great game. Must buy.

Mario kart 7, you said you were gonna get, so good on ya.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. 4th game in the mario RPG line. Also a really good rpg, but story is lacking. 8.5/10
Get this one if you like RPG's. The combat is really in depth for being turn based. I say go for it.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 09:00:51 PM »

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 09:15:47 PM »
Resident Evil Revelations is amazing on the 3DS and was under 19$ when I grabbed it.
It's the perfect mixture of Old and New Resident Evil and actually pretty unnerving at some points.

Fire Emblem is also a great one, I didn't start playing it for about 3 months after I got it. But once I started I couldn't stop.

Offline whenbananasattack

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:38 PM »
I second Luigi's Mansion 2 and Fire Emblem: Awakening (no matter how much elements of the latter's story make me want to vomit)

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a pretty fun shooter, if you can get past its weird and sometimes unwieldy controls. Also, Resident Evil Revelations is seriously the most fun I've had with the series in a long, long while.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:29:12 PM »
Ok so theres like 4.5 good games for the 3DS

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.

Offline Dante

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 11:53:22 AM »
Third Luigis mansion 2. There is also Super Luigi the same one as Super Luigi U but for 3DS.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
Well I'm probably gonna start with Mario Kart 7 and Luigis Mansion 2, by the time I've played those Pokemon X will be out and I'll have that, and perhaps after those I'll try the RE and Fire Emblem games.

Offline DBag

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 06:06:52 AM »
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Great game in my opinion
My message of love is carved into every bullet I shoot at you <3

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »
The special Pokemon X&Y edition 3DS XL is out tomorrow and since I preordered and prepaid I'm picking it up right after work, I'm hoping they've got used copies of Luigi and Mario Kart.

Offline Dante

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »
The special Pokemon X&Y edition 3DS XL is out tomorrow and since I preordered and prepaid I'm picking it up right after work, I'm hoping they've got used copies of Luigi and Mario Kart.
Generally Gamestop has luigi and mario cart but for 30-40 dollars.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »
Mario kart and Luigi's mansion are good so far.  Tried the demo for RE and it was ok...I might get it if it is a cheapo used copy but I'm not paying $30 for it.  Played the demo for the Adventure Time game and that was surprisingly fun, anyone have the full game and can tell me if it stays that good? Concerned it might just get super-boring later.

Also have demos for Fire Emblem and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon but I'm going to wait on Mystery Dungeon until after I'm done with Pokemon X because too much Pokemon I would get sooper burnt out.

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
Etrian Odyssey is the first that come to mind
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Christovski

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »
Etrian Odyssey is the first that come to mind
Whazzat?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal