Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The slippery slope"  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Old Crow

"The slippery slope"
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:24:29 AM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/03/26/jim-demint-on-opposition-to-gay-marriage/2021867/

This ladies and gentlemen, is a classic case of the "slippery slope". How can one say that wedlock between a man and a women is the foundation for limited government? Where does it make sense that if we allow anybody to marry anybody that the government is going to take over??

This is what boggles my mind. Look at what recent laws passed in ND (and lets not debate what the law is about, lets just not go there). If Republicans are for limited government, then why did they pass those laws in ND? That would be a huge example of government interrupting peoples lives, but guess its OK to cherry pick laws as long as you agree with it.

I'm not say the Democrats are any better, because they aren't but its time to start a revolution because bulls#it like this is why we are being held back so much lately. We have a broken prison system, a broken education system, a broken infrastructure and at this rate the pay scale is pushing billions of dollars to a select few yet making everybody else broke. We have "moral crusaders" who barely practice what they preach and too many idiots drowning out actual facts when it comes time to make policies.

Gah I feel like moving to Canada and Norway!

/Rant over
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Tictactoe360

Re: "The slippery slope"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:51:05 AM »
This is literally why I make fun of America without remorse.
(Note I don't think this about all Americans, just the really stupid ones)

America seems to have an ever expanding track record of doing stupid things and saying stupid things.

I mean, how long has this "Battle" over gay/lesbian marriage been going on?
Let who ever wants get married, get married. Tell the assholes screaming no to shut the fuck up and sit in the corner.

For a country that's all about freedom. You've got a lot of assholes who really want to take it away from others.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:51:05 AM »

Offline Dante

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »

America seems to have an ever expanding track record of doing stupid things and saying stupid things.

Let who ever wants get married, get married. Tell the assholes screaming no to shut the fuck up and sit in the corner.

For a country that's all about freedom. You've got a lot of assholes who really want to take it away from others.
This. When I see people protesting against gay marriage I ask myself. Why? How does this effect them in any way? Are they afraid of change? Are they scared they will become gay too? Why, just why. If I see it at school I chew the kid out. (They don't want to piss off and fight someone 6'7 so I never worry about a fight.) The problem is most people protesting are red necks, snooty rich people and strung up religious individuals.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »

This. When I see people protesting against gay marriage I ask myself. Why? How does this effect them in any way? Are they afraid of change? Are they scared they will become gay too? Why, just why. If I see it at school I chew the kid out. (They don't want to piss off and fight someone 6'7 so I never worry about a fight.) The problem is most people protesting are red necks, snooty rich people and strung up religious individuals.
I blame the republicans.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
I blame the humans.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 05:29:35 PM »
Remember Republicans are for limited government, except when it comes to vaginas.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 07:47:33 AM »
Ohhhh well that was something you'd expect.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »
Pains me how much America is referred to as "land of the free" and such but it's really fucking far from that.

Offline Kingtrue

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
If you have a problem that the government won't fix,

fix the government.
Nyah.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal