Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: HerpDerpMike's Appeal  (Read 7906 times)

Offline Kacey

Re: HerpDerpMike's Appeal
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
It seems everyone but ZM admins are forgetting a important rule. No Trolling On Other Servers. It is also very snooty to blow off rdm and trolling because it is on another server. It shows he just may do it on CG servers.
So what, we ban him because he trolled on servers before this one?

1) He has yet to troll or break rules besides this misunderstanding
2) Just because he used to troll and RDM doesn't mean he will on our server (he hasn't)
3) His past bans and trolls only prevent him from being admin, not from playing.

I am disappoint in all of you.

No, he trolled on another server WHILE STILL A REGULAR HERE. This was last week.

Offline Kacey

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
I'm sorry, but while you guys seem to have a good history with Mike I've run into him on another server (Echo-Gaming Minecraft IIRC) one morning and he was being a complete douchebag. Throwing around racial and homophobic slurs, rdming every round, ghosting with his friend. I'm not saying up the ban, but I'm not saying remove it either.

What he does on other servers is of no business to us. If he behaves well on our servers, I see no issue in letting him stay. If he is doing it with the CG tag on, it's a different story, because he is affiliating himself with us.

That is wrong. Completely wrong. What our regulars do on other servers negatively impacts CG's reputation, and causes drama.

Kacey, please send proof of your claim.

Remember: Primary rule of CG is no trolling or griefing.  This includes other group/clan/community servers.  Do not do it.  If I find out, and have proof, expect to not be able to play here.

Guys, some of you were not around when the TTT server was purposefully blocked (DDoS) by another Clan, due to the improper actions of a former CL and other CG members at the time.  Interfering, or negatively impacting, another group's servers can be quite costly...

I would have sent it but I just formatted my drive that had all my fraps videos on it yesterday :/

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
Ok, enough arguing. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't hold his past against him when he has improved and are following the rules.

Okay then, when he shows that he has improved and now follows the rules on all servers than we shouldn't hold the past against him.

However, he clearly stated he hasn't improved nor does he follow the rules. In fact, he happily admitted he still breaks the rules.

I RDM'd
False KOS'd/Saying other people RDM'd
Trolling (Mic Spam)
Prop Kill
T-Bait (I still do it trollface )

How our regulars act on other servers reflects back on us.
This goes doubly when they Troll, RDM and Ruin rounds for fun on every other server.

When I see someone causing trouble in a game and I've seen them do it on multiple other servers, I usually track them back, either through "clan tags" or through servers and eventually follow them back to their "Home" server, this tends to be where they follow the rules because it's the only one they care about.

I make sure not to go into those servers, as I've already had a taste of their regulars.

Think of it this way.
There are four people who all own their own houses.

Joe, the fifth person is invited to the first house.
Joe steals some money and breaks some furniture, but nobody can prove it.

Joe is eventually invited to the second house.

Joe is eventually invited to the third house.

Joe is invited to the fourth house.
The fourth owner is nervous about letting Joe in, but gives him a chance anyways. Joe immediately decides to tell the fourth owner all about how he stole from the first, second and third house, but not to worry because he likes the fourth owner, so he won't steal from him.

Now what is the fourth owner suppose to do? Just believe Joe?
No, any sane house owner would kick Joe out, even though Joe hasn't stolen from him yet. Joe has already shown himself to be someone who isn't trust worth and someone who enjoys stealing and breaking furniture.

Offline Tyber

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
Ok, enough arguing. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't hold his past against him when he has improved and are following the rules.

Okay then, when he shows that he has improved and now follows the rules on all servers than we shouldn't hold the past against him.

However, he clearly stated he hasn't improved nor does he follow the rules. In fact, he happily admitted he still breaks the rules.

I RDM'd
False KOS'd/Saying other people RDM'd
Trolling (Mic Spam)
Prop Kill
T-Bait (I still do it trollface )

How our regulars act on other servers reflects back on us.
This goes doubly when they Troll, RDM and Ruin rounds for fun on every other server.

When I see someone causing trouble in a game and I've seen them do it on multiple other servers, I usually track them back, either through "clan tags" or through servers and eventually follow them back to their "Home" server, this tends to be where they follow the rules because it's the only one they care about.

I make sure not to go into those servers, as I've already had a taste of their regulars.

Think of it this way.
There are four people who all own their own houses.

Joe, the fifth person is invited to the first house.

Joe is eventually invited to the second house.

Joe is eventually invited to the third house.

Joe is invited to the fourth house.
The fourth owner is nervous about letting Joe in, but gives him a chance anyways. Joe immediately decides to tell the fourth owner all about how he stole from the first, second and third house, but not to worry because he likes the fourth owner, so he won't steal from him.

Now what is the fourth owner suppose to do? Just believe Joe?
No, any sane house owner would kick Joe out, even though Joe hasn't stolen from him yet. Joe has already shown himself to be someone who isn't trust worth and someone who enjoys stealing and breaking furniture.
I stand by my opinion, if someone could unban him that would be great.

Offline Dante

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2013, 01:18:45 PM »
So? A lot of people have accounts on at least 2 different communities. Saying that some random troll goes on different servers automatically makes you susceptible ddos attacks? Absolutely not. If they chose not to affiliate with us while trolling, how many fucks should we give? None. I don't condone trolling, but punishment for non CG affiliated trolling on other servers should not be served out on CG servers.
You ignore my points. It is a rule. It says badly about us. And you don't suddenly stop being affiliated with CG and suddenly become affiliated again. Ttt has been Ddos'd because of this. Also your basically condoling trolling as long as its not with CG tag or on CG server. This is narrow minded and needs to be corrected.

Ok, I know we should stop arguing, but I'm not being narrow minded, and I don't need correcting. I'm saying we shouldn't affiliate ourselves with trolls. I'm saying that we don't NEED to get involved if we weren't in the first place. Why should we? Don't tell me I need to be "corrected" without fully understanding my points. I do not, never will, and never have condoned trolling of our server or other servers. There was the incident that I got my ttt admin removed for, but that's not something I'm proud of whatsoever, but I let it get out of hand. It's not important. Regardless, I can't control what people do outside of our server, nor should I punish people for their actions away from our server. It makes no sense. It's like if I went to a Wal-mart, stirred up some, and now I'm not allowed back in the Wal-mart. Should I not be allowed into the Grocery store across the street? Yes, I still should be, regardless of my history. I may not be allows back in the Wal-mart, but if I behave in the grocery store, why should they not let me in?
Because of your history. Still it is a rule. He is affiliated with us. You say random troll, He isn't random he is a regular of CG. As I have said ttt has been ddos'd before because of similar circumstance. You keep ignoring where I say he IS affiliated with us. Also I understood your points and think they are bull shit.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
Quote from: oobla37 link=topic=9186.msg120609#msg120609
-snip-

What he does on other servers is of no business to us. If he behaves well on our servers, I see no issue in letting him stay. If he is doing it with the CG tag on, it's a different story, because he is affiliating himself with us.

That is wrong. Completely wrong. What our regulars do on other servers negatively impacts CG's reputation, and causes drama.

Kacey, please send proof of your claim.

Remember: Primary rule of CG is no trolling or griefing.  This includes other group/clan/community servers.  Do not do it.  If I find out, and have proof, expect to not be able to play here.

Guys, some of you were not around when the TTT server was purposefully blocked (DDoS) by another Clan, due to the improper actions of a former CL and other CG members at the time.  Interfering, or negatively impacting, another group's servers can be quite costly...

You seem to have missed my original point, which is "if they don't represent CG through '(=CG=)' or through what they say on other servers, why should we care?" If they troll on other servers, but don't affiliate themselves with CG, why should we care? People troll. We don't punish people who get banned elswhere and then come here.
No, your point is incorrect.  It does matter.  Simply because they do not have the CG tag, well, that means nothing in the eyes of other communities.
If they troll other servers, then come here as a regular, there can be an issue. Point is this: You are judged by the company you keep.

CG does not troll, does not condone it, and does not tolerate it.  Yet, having known trolls on the server as regulars makes others think we do condone it, even actively support it.  This causes issues.

And, you have not had to deal with the situations it creates. 

It is a very sensitive thing. This is why we have the admin app rules we do.  The last major attack took our TTT server offline for a very long time, and cost a lot of $.   

It creates animosity with several groups. To the point where anyone who was a CG regular, with or without the tag, were permabanned from several servers.  We still are banned from some.

So, trolls are not welcomed here.

Your analogy of misbehaving at Walmart, then get banned at the grocery store across the street, is a little off.  Say you shoplift in Walmart.  Walmart managers typically let the businesses around them know about their shoplifters.  They provide your name, physical description, and photo to the stores around them.  So, in effect, yes, you would be banned from the grocery store across the street.
Here your trolling is the equivalent of shoplifting.

So, if anyone has full evidence of HerpDerpMike's actions elsewhere, please pm them to me, and Cortez, so a decision can be made.

About the tone of this discussion: Be nice. Do not call each others point BS.  Act your age, not your shoe size. (in Europe act your shoe size and not your age.)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:01:07 PM by Cadaver »

Offline Pyro

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
When I was playing yesterday (and I rarely play TTT).
You told everyone to talk in all caps and spam the chat, nobody joined you though but you were spamming the chat, I told you to calm down and stop spamming, still spamming though.

You need to rephrase that bit where you said that you would stop trolling/spamming. Because that's a lie.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »
Okay. I'm getting a bit frustrated by this having been herpderpmike before in my own situation. If he means what he says he will change. Trust me I know from first hand experience.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2013, 02:55:07 PM »
Okay. I'm getting a bit frustrated by this having been herpderpmike before in my own situation. If he means what he says he will change. Trust me I know from first hand experience.

See, normally I would have no problem giving someone a second chance. You showed genuine remorse for what happened long ago and haven't done anything wrong in a long time.

Herp however doesn't show remorse for anything he's done.
His only argument is "This is the only server I actually care about" That's literally the only reason he apologized.

He doesn't care about his actions on other servers as long he's allowed to play here and that has to change.
If he wants to play on CG servers he has to uphold CG standards everywhere. Not just where he wants to.

If he started showing respect for other servers and started following their rules, I'm sure nobody would have a problem with him playing here.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 02:58:28 PM by Tictactoe360 »

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »

See, normally I would have no problem giving someone a second chance. You showed genuine remorse for what happened long ago and haven't done anything wrong in a long time.

Herp however doesn't show remorse for anything he's done.
His only argument is "This is the only server I actually care about" That's literally the only reason he apologized.

He doesn't care about his actions on other servers as long he's allowed to play here and that has to change.
If he wants to play on CG servers he has to uphold CG standards everywhere. Not just where he wants to.

If he started showing respect for other servers and started following their rules, I'm sure nobody would have a problem with him playing here.
Tic, I stopped, I follow rules now.. If Unknown wants me to stop Baiting I'll stop. Also, when I said "This is the only server I care about" That's not the reason I apologized. I apologized because this server is amazing and what I did was an honest mistake. I love other servers too, but I highly care for this one. That's why I want an unban D: The community knows I care for the server. I T-bait Unknown because he's my friend and I fool around with him.

"YOU WERE RAPING ME YOU DESERVED THAT!" - Dbag

Offline Jordan789

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2013, 05:59:52 PM »
Not sure if hes actually unbanned or if this is just tic and herpderp arguing, but if he hasnt been unbanned yet, I think he should. I, nor anyone else on the server that I know of have had problems with him in the past, and from what I've seen it was an honest mistake. Id say he deserves an unban

(Again, Not sure if hes been unbanned or not. As the thread isnt locked, and people are still posting)
I vote Gustav. Gustav is my favorite CL.
Leetgrain: Conjoint Gaming: Taste the miserable rainbow.

Gather army, we strike at dawn.
TAKE THE SYRUP!!!!
Gustav showing off his UK passion:
4:05 PM - Guztav: tell me wot he says
4:05 PM - Jordan789.exe: LOLOLOL
4:05 PM - Jordan789.exe: U WOT M8?
4:05 PM - Jordan789.exe: U WOT
4:05 PM - Guztav: XD
Ask her out to your chicken farm, then show her all of your cocks. She'll be surprised.
Link236: If you make a dildo map, then it's cool
"Leetgrain: I don't like having hairs in my mouth."

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2013, 06:12:47 PM »
Not sure if hes actually unbanned or if this is just tic and herpderp arguing, but if he hasn't been unbanned yet, I think he should. I, nor anyone else on the server that I know of have had problems with him in the past, and from what I've seen it was an honest mistake. Id say he deserves an unban

(Again, Not sure if hes been unbanned or not. As the thread isnt locked, and people are still posting)
I'm not. Some admins don't like me and some admins do.. so I'm giving them time because this is a hard decision.

Offline HerpDerpMike

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
It seems everyone but ZM admins are forgetting a important rule. No Trolling On Other Servers. It is also very snooty to blow off rdm and trolling because it is on another server. It shows he just may do it on CG servers.
So what, we ban him because he trolled on servers before this one?

1) He has yet to troll or break rules besides this misunderstanding
2) Just because he used to troll and RDM doesn't mean he will on our server (he hasn't)
3) His past bans and trolls only prevent him from being admin, not from playing.

I am disappoint in all of you.

No, he trolled on another server WHILE STILL A REGULAR HERE. This was last week.
That was like 2-3 weeks ago when I was still  a semi-active (didn't have tag, I wasn't even thinking about it).. I don't even go on any other servers now besides DarkRP servers.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »
+1 unban great player when I see him

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
His T-baiting is fine, just lessen the frequency of it, it's not ruining anyone's round and is just that playful. I do want to remind you guys, t-baiting is killable not bannable, he's not shooting people who have shot him for t-baiting. Get back on topic, and stop fueling the flame wars.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History