Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do you think the U.S went to war with Iraq?  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Remscar

Re: Why do you think the U.S went to war with Iraq?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 11:01:12 PM »
I dont know but in case you haven't realized. We aren't fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan because our nation wants to, we are fighting because the major corporations want us to. The government caters to major corporations, not to us.
Part of my pride was dead the second that you talked to me
And I knew that no matter what lied ahead you wouldn't walk with me
So alone I traveled

Offline Pillz

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »
Remscar you must be a fan of Micheal Moore. Amirite?
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 12:06:31 AM »
Simple.  To quote Dubya on the capture of Saddam," They caught him! They caught the one who tried to kill my daddy!"

(Yes, a very close approximation to what Dubya said.   Makes me wonder if Dubya used the Military for a personal family vendetta...  Stems from an earlier botched assassination attempt on Bush Sr., when he visited Kuwait after the end of his (Sr.'s) Presidency.) 

Many think it was due to the tying of the U.S. Dollar to oil values.  Iraq, in the months before the decision to attack came down, decided to trade oil for European Euro's...  The view is, this allowing to trade oil in other currencies would have critically devalued the U.S. Dollar, and effectively destroyed our economy...

Personally, I wonder why we are still in Afghanistan, since there are less than 100 or so Al Qaeda left in the whole country.  There are far more of them in Pakistan, and Yemen.  So, we going to invade those nations, too?

ya i heard about U.S dollar going down. and the Taliban are in Afghanistan thats who where fighting over there and maybe some Al Qaeda but not many.

Remscar you must be a fan of Micheal Moore. Amirite?
i watch Micheal moores films and he makes me very pissed off but he has some i said some good point but not many haha he's like a fat troll

Offline hanson185

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 01:14:45 AM »
Yahtzee I find you ignorance disturbing, get your facts straight before blaming a group, 1. Al-Queda was responsible for 9/11 NOT the Taliban, so either you be trollin or your another ignorant stereotypical American "Bomb the middle east, fuck those Islamic *****" etc etc

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
umm the taliban attacked us. Iraq is a different story there is a lot of ideas  on why we are over there

Offline hanson185

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 01:18:53 AM »
Care to prove they did?

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2010, 01:20:53 AM »
are you asking me to prove that the taliban attacked us. when you said it yourself also

Offline hanson185

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2010, 01:24:08 AM »
I think you should read what I said again " Al-Queda was responsible for 9/11 NOT the Taliban" no it wasn't a not joke..so I ask you again, provide me with evidence that the Taliban attacked the US?

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 01:31:48 AM »
ok if that even made the slightest sense at all ever
Osama Bin Laden On 9/11
"Allah  knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine  and Lebanon, I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed – when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way (and) to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women."

– Osama bin Laden

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
OK. To Clarify.  Al Qaeda (spelling?)   attacked the U.S. on 9/11... The Taliban did not.  The Taliban got the target on their back for supporting the Al Q openly by giving them safe haven in Afghanistan.

So, the US, went into Afghanistan to hunt down the Al Q, and removed the Taliban from power... Except the Taliban did not go away, and Al Q went to other areas (Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, etc.) where they could set back up and operate again... And there we are, what 9 years later, in Afghanistan, and the original target (Al Qaeda) have moved on, years ago.   

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 02:57:58 AM »
o shit i feel hella dumb tight now your right

Offline crypto

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 03:40:30 AM »
I thought it had become more about containing the Taliban and not letting the crazies screw up Pakistan.

Offline Remscar

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 05:55:29 AM »
WHo is Michael Moore?
Part of my pride was dead the second that you talked to me
And I knew that no matter what lied ahead you wouldn't walk with me
So alone I traveled

Offline FearlessThor

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 06:11:19 AM »

Offline hanson185

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »
Thanks for helping clear things up Cadaver :)

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal