Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting Plugins  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Pillz

Interesting Plugins
« on: July 10, 2010, 06:08:26 AM »
For your consideration and discussion.

Infection Protection?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1013456

Carrier/Infected Chat
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1212614

Character Selection(Why not? lol)
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=879648
^^ lol @ comments ^^
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline JuNk^m@st3r

Re: Interesting Plugins
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:38:45 AM »
no/no/no, plugins make the server slow, thats why we dont have that many on the server
^^AND I SAY LOLZOR AND U CANT DO SH*T ABOUT IT!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:38:45 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:58 AM »
lolwut

I have played on servers with the character selection and the infection protection before and it seemed no different from KAT..

Plus, the coding for the first two is minimum. The third one might slow the server down by 2% but like yeah.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »
OK

Infected protection: I like it but it needs to be configured well. 
We would have to make sure that while the zombies couldnt kill the human for however many seconds the OTHER HUMANS can still infection check the infected and kill them when they find he is infected.  The carrier should have the option to kill on, in case there is a good reason (human is still doing objectives and needs to be stopped, human is the last one and dont want to wait 2 minutes for a new round) etc.

Infected chat could be ok, but I dunno if it would be that great, not a lot of people really play infected like part of teh zombie team.

Character chooser just seems like a bad idea.  Not only will there be a flood of CHOOSECHAR in the text chat since most people have no clue how to bind the console command to a button, it says changes will be instant.  Meaning if I said theres a punk character who is almost dead, that guy could just hit a button bound to that and BOOM be someone completely different so noone can find the guy I mentioned.  Also I'd be concerned if people spammed it it would lag some things.

And junk if you dont want so many plugins than take some off like the awful MEELEE HEALTH MOD :P
Id be happy with the quake sound plugin going away if it means we get infection preotection
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:37:24 PM by Christovski »

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »
that plugin where u cant kill infected is going to make people rage i just know it
it makes sense but sometimes the infected are retarded as fuck and they run at you and try to rape you

if its a one on one with an infected and a zombie basically the zombie is fucked cause he cant do anything

lets see how this one plays out .....................

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 04:05:52 PM »
that plugin where u cant kill infected is going to make people rage i just know it
it makes sense but sometimes the infected are retarded as fuck and they run at you and try to rape you

if its a one on one with an infected and a zombie basically the zombie is fucked cause he cant do anything

lets see how this one plays out .....................

Well it lets you hit them once (they take damage) then they protected for so many seconds, but if as i said we turn on CARRIER can kill infected then if need be they die.

read all posts before posting!

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 09:07:39 PM »
I can't see people flooding the choosechar, maybe doing it once to three times per round. I never hear anyone use the characters description to describe where someone is, since back in the day everyone was marcus or eugene.. Nobody cares to do so really. Doesn't lag much at all either.

Read over the comments of the infected protection and whatnot, the description. I think it says it protects them for a set time (probably changeable) and whatnot.. Idk i'll tinker with it and check it out.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 09:07:39 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal