Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Take this server down  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

Take this server down
« on: January 02, 2013, 07:20:45 PM »
The ZM server has become more of a liability than a resource at this point and should be taken down as we further expand into newer games.

Offline AbkaFlab

Re: Take this server down
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »
Agreed, I think ive seen that server full one time. I dont think we have much use for it.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:38:20 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
It has nothing but the stock maps and as far as I can tell no admin plugin either, without custom maps and plugins it is deader than dead.  Raunky and i tried to populate but without maps it was hopeless.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Innershea

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 09:58:36 PM »
I agree it should be taken out. I've barely seen anyone on there anymore. We can use the much needed server spot for something new.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »
wasn't it already declared that we were gonna get rid of this or was i mistaken

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:25:14 PM »
wasn't it already declared that we were gonna get rid of this or was i mistaken
I believe that is correct. Guess nobody ever got around to it.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 04:51:04 AM »
Thing is this isn't the issue kwaurtz. Empty server don't really take up much resources at all. The problem isn't 50 empty servers. The problem is NS2 Is a much harder running server and it requires more processing power then much of our others, all that and lots of active hidden servers brings us to capacity. Deleting ZM wouldn't really help us get a second NS2 Server.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »
It has nothing but the stock maps and as far as I can tell no admin plugin either, without custom maps and plugins it is deader than dead.  Raunky and i tried to populate but without maps it was hopeless.
Also are you high? It has every custom map known to man. I dunno if the map cycle was removed. But it has every map. And you can tell no admin plugin? It has the same admin plugin it always did. If you see issues you should tell me instead of sitting in a corner complaining and making me unaware of them.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Sammy

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
Also are you high? It has every custom map known to man. I dunno if the map cycle was removed. But it has every map. And you can tell no admin plugin? It has the same admin plugin it always did. If you see issues you should tell me instead of sitting in a corner complaining and making me unaware of them.

(Wouldnt post on a dead topic if it wasnt important, sorry.)

The zm server died because Arbys, Smiffy, and myself left after the Wholegrain controversy... I've only wanted to rejoin today and I'm sure with Pyro's and the new admins' help... we can get the server repopulated with ease once more.

The mapcycle and admin plugin should be fine if it was the same as before, there were never any problems with it before.
Its about the admins having the patience and the common sense to learn to populate it themselves, not wait for others to do it for them.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
Well currently I believe Pyro is HA of the Hidden Source server and we're looking for a ZM HA again but Inject's been handling that until we do. Chris, Death, Doombringer and Tictac are our current ZM force I believe and they've been populating it for the past week or two now; feels like we've had more community involvement in ZM than we have had in a while. Same for ZPS strangely enough; but after everyone left it was hard for us to keep the ZM server alive since nobody was really left who cared.

Anywho; this can be locked now since the title will probably confuse people lol
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Snak

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 02:35:06 PM »
Honestly the zm server has been more populated then the zps lately, you guy's should organize game nights for certains games or somethin
Life's not a bitch! Life is a beauitful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she wouldent let u get that pussy, maybe she dident feel yall shared any similar interest, or maybe u jus an asshole that couldent sweet talk the princess.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
Don't necro threads. Locked.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal