Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WarZ now on Steam  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Innershea

Re: WarZ now on Steam
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:37 AM »
It doesn't really sound like he was appoligizing for there screw up after reading the apology Chris posted. More like he was sorry that people complained so much about it, and how they were only a minority. I will be surprised if valve lets them even think about re releasing it back on there platform.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 05:02:12 AM »
People still care about warz?
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 05:02:12 AM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »
People still care about warz?

its called Fanboys!!!

From the head person on the forums (Dev I believe)

"The packages sold by our partners, such as active Russian servers, are the responsibilities of that local operator. We have no direct control over these packages but are investigating it and will work out restrictions for RU packages that only allow them to play with others users that purchased those packages. These packages are not purchasable in if you purchased your account through one of our partners. IE if you bought the game from thewarz.com you will not have access to those packages.

I hope this clears up any confusion on those packages.

Thanks for your dedication and patience." (talking about the Russian price packages, as there is a $100 package you can buy)

"I hope to have some news out this week but I need the entire team back in the office so we can have a good discussion about the past two weeks and everything has happened while we were gone. Unfortunately there is the possibility of some people being sick (I've had strep throat for a week ) So I cannot promise anything this week. It is my goal and I will try as best as I can to get some good info out this week. "

(Lol game is falling apart, and Devs still won't come back to work)

(FANBOY ALERT!)

No, the devs NEVER did anything WRONG

They never did anything wrong. But, they have been cutting corners in every aspect.

- The devs didn't LIE. They said specifically that the game is an ongoing development, the features advertised will be implemented later. But, 10 years later the game will still be an ongoing developement, while the devs still can say the missing features will come *one day*.

- The map is completed, but anyone can see the blurred areas were intended to be more content (town, farm)

- They took a long vacation during christmas/new year, partied too much and came back with strep throat. So more sick leaves. Yes, they are humans so we can't blame them for resting. But there's something called "initiative" in the job field, which means you do more than what you are asked to do, outside your 8 hour shift time, when you are really passionate about your work. Do you think warz devs are passionate about their game?

- With some evidence we can guess that the warz and war inc are running on the same servers. I'm sure they did buy new servers with the money, but they probably sold off the old servers to maximize profit. Nothing wrong that maximizing profit, but binding two games to the same bottleneck/failure point is not exactly a good thing.

- The devs kept missing deadlines. Nothing wrong with that, other game companies miss deadline too. But missing every major deadline, puts the devs on the incompetent side. But again, every games misses deadlines... at least occasionally...

- With all the money they earned, the core dev team is still the same ole same ole after three months. Again nothing is wrong with maximizing profit, and since as they stated the game will forever be in development and will never die, they have all the time in the universe to keep making this game with the same handful of guys.

- Reusing code and assets from war inc is not wrong. Every game developer does that. But, the degree of reusing asset from war inc is astronomical, they didn't even bother to redesign the menus in order to make it fit better with a survival game instead of a mediocre twitch shooter. This has led me to believe that they did have some talented artists and programmers while they worked on war inc, but after learning about the company's business conduct, those guys left to protect their resumes, so the remaining devs with no equal talent can only reuse whatever those good guys left. I even believe that the nice towns such as smallville and clear view were still developed by some talented devs, but after their departure, the remaining devs could only copy and paste the same structures elsewhere to form the other cookie cutter towns.

All in all, hammerpoint reminds me of a small chinese takeout restaurant, ran by a chinese family, and the boss is the wife who scrutinates every penny they spend, using the cheapest ingredients, reusing the frying oil three times over, making sauce with pig blood to save on soy sauce cost, etc. etc. ... Did they do anything wrong? Of course not, all those things are edible, they won't kill anyone, so they are perfectly legitimate.

(FANBOY!)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:16:17 PM by Old Crow »
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 04:23:38 AM »
So no anti-cheat yet, but hey, they got a free Katana!!

And I found this gem on one of the threads about it.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leomire

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 05:03:55 AM »
Big rigs all I gotta say

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2013, 03:19:26 PM »
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/the-war-z-review

3.0 lolololololol.

Plus, fanboy's are saying that IGN has terrible reviews and its an indie game, so they don't get it. (don't necessary disagree, but its still a some-what credited site)

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pyro

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
This game sucks, is unfair, has micro-transactions which makes it even more sucky, has hackers and a ton of bugs.

War Z breached the line of sucky-ness.

And the developers are liars and cheaters.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2013, 04:59:13 AM »

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

Lets not forget rebuy all the items they lost... although at that point I don't get why you don't just make a new character and delete your old one. Theirs no reason to keep a dead one since It lost it's items anyways. Pretty big game flaw their.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 11:32:03 AM »

Lets not forget rebuy all the items they lost... although at that point I don't get why you don't just make a new character and delete your old one. Theirs no reason to keep a dead one since It lost it's items anyways. Pretty big game flaw their.

Their entire game is a game flaw.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

Their entire game is a game flaw.
You are a flaw. XD no but yeah.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal