Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Administration on the TTT server is ridiculous  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Inacio

Administration on the TTT server is ridiculous
« on: June 28, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »
See, guys, I've been playing on CG's TTT server for some time, and I noticed that the admins didn't give a shit when I complained about (the constant) RDMing.
Today a Detective started shooting me in one game, I fire back. Then came an innocent, and shot me. I shot him back. My karma went down to ~750.
I complained to the admins, and you know what they told me?

"Admin some dudes started shooting me"
"Stop RDMing right now or I'll permaban you"
"But they started shooting me, dude, can't you read?"
"I'll ban you"

Multiple times I was RDMd, and the admins didn't even answer me. Lots of times.
And then, like 5 minutes ago, I was playing this round, and a dude said on voice: "[ ] is a traitor, I saw him planting a C4". I saw him running away from the place, and decided to kill him, and he was a traitor.

Then he tells the admin I RDMd him and the admin bans me. Immediately.

This is a fucking joke, dudes.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
Re: Administration on the TTT server is ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »
I think i've seen this dude before. And relax a bit? THe server can get hectic and sometimes the admins have trouble getting to RDMers when the server is packed, but from your case you have admin abuse. Now, the name of the admin would certainly help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »

Offline Inacio

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
I told the admins MULTIPLE TIMES the names of the RDMers. They ignored me all the times, except when they said they were going to perma me for low karma (even though that was caused for - guess what - RDMers).

I'm just royally pissed off, the admin ignored me every time I spoke to him, every single time, and when his friend tells him I RDMd him, he bans me immediately? Christ.

And this is my Steam profile, you asked: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nove600

Skieski

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »
You still fail to inform us about the name of the admin. It will really facilitate things. Do not post it publicly, but send a PM to a community leader.

Offline Inacio

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
I don't have his name, since I was banned immediately.
The server control panel has.

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 07:33:16 PM »
Go easy on him, you guys are the Admins. He's the player! didn't any of you ever learn the customer is always right?

A good way to respond would be to inquire the time of the event. Who did it. And what happened! Not give the guy who already got ignored and a ban warning for being upset about an RDM that came against him.

Its BS you guys are telling him to relax, you should be kissing every new player who comes here's ass to make it a warm and pleasant experience. Learn some bed side manners and start doing something about the RDMing. Stop power thrusting and get to work being and admin.

I thought my little episode was enough to encourage all you admins to BAN RDMERS not the whiners of those who get RDM'd that includes Traitor RDMING.

Asked lone mudkips about getting killed constantly as a traitor with no proof. USE A DNA KIT.

/end <rage>

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 01:05:31 AM »
Guys I think I was there at the scene... the map was cs_compound right?
Sorry man, I don't remember the admins either.  :-[

Well I still remember asking the admin "Whoa, why did you ban Inacio?" through my mic right after he got kicked and banned. And the admin replied "for RDMing. That wasn't his first warning."

God... I really can't recall the admin's name... it MIGHT have been Johnkean, Pwnd, or someone else, but I'm not sure at all anymore. Please ignore me  :-X
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:10:08 AM by JohnCyKlopZ »
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Offline Ergo Proxy

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 04:10:05 AM »
The problem is when you have 25 people in a server it is hard to tell who is RDMing. For example, I could RDM 4 people then claim that they shot me first. How do you tell who is telling the truth, there are no witnesses you can talk to and no way to tell if the person is a traitor just doing his job till the next round, which is often too late. This is why most admins just watch the karma numbers, if yours is very low it is likely the reason that you got blamed. If you have a viable solution make a suggestion...I just can't think of any way to remedy this problem with TTT. And this is also why I hand out 5 min bans most of the time unless the person is a known offender.
You can no more evade my wrath...Than you could your own shadow.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 04:13:48 AM »
Also, many of us were unable to be on the TTT server today due to a botched update of GMod.  Things would normally be better but with at least half the admins unable to play, there weren;t as many folks keeping an eye on those players.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »
it was like the day before but yeah update FAILS HARD is it fixed yet? sorry for side jacking. But yes it is hard to enforce RDM. So that's why all admins should condump their logs so they can see what happened and server logs should possibly be backed up once a week or so.

Either way if you quick it should be like back in the day, Warning, then ban with warning (short time) 3rd time ban (long time) repeated violator (perma) . But with a report on the forums with a console log or video or something within 24/48 hours so everyone including the banned can figure out why.

Sometimes its confusing I think we need to start keeping track openly on the bans.

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 09:32:43 AM »
I banned him for 60 min once cause alot of people were complaining that he was RDMIng and it wasnt his first time i gave him a 1 more change but still i got alot of complains about him rdming so i banned him for 60 min lols ive never ban people without rason and if i make perma pan its like only then when you piss off everyone or like be racist and breake multiple rules Cause im the one of the longest member in this community and one of the trusted admins so wholegrain knows me that i dont abuse my admin powers unless im really drunk ... or when its just me and wholegrain playing :D and were fucking around :D xdxd but yea dude stop complaining that i banned you for rdming cause i got multiple complains about you rdming i would understand if there would be like 1 or 2 guys complaining that you were rdming but theres like 3-4 told that you were  RDMIng so be happy that i dint perm ban you most of the other admins would perm ban you for rdming

Offline Hollow

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
TTT has alot of admins so far. What i would have done is if someone starting complaining about someone RDMing or something i would quickly got to spec to find out what is going on then ban who needs to be banned. I dont know what goes on in that server i dont have Garrys Mod but i do know that everyone who has Garrys Mod had to pay for it. And these days money is tight. So you dont go banning everyone without specing to see who is causing the trouble. Im not saying he was banned for no reason im saying thats what spec is for..To watch the game. My sons have Garrys Mod and i know that sometimes they have gotten banned for being accused of doing something they did not do. Alot of those servers have shitty admins,ive cussed most of them out before so hopefully the TTT server can be different.

Offline JuNk^m@st3r

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »
I Agree with Hollow, and seriously i think u might just have been taking admins to get some, not rlly taking the time to get to know them... I was rlly thinking about getting G-Mod tomorrow and try out TTT, but now that i already know how things is running on the server, im just staying out of it.. Have good luck with ur TTT!
^^AND I SAY LOLZOR AND U CANT DO SH*T ABOUT IT!

Offline pwn3dl1fe

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
NOES JUNK YOU MUST GET IT AND i agree there is to many admins in the server that we dont know lols ive like seen some of the people once and they are admine like seriously wtf and why dont you make trusted members to admin like Smoke or Kleenex

Offline Blood

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
you all know me right?!??!?!?!!??!?!? rightttt!??!?!?!?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal