Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Arma 2 DayZ  (Read 50115 times)

Offline Whitellama

Re: Arma 2 DayZ
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2012, 11:35:31 PM »
So, this is pretty much inspired by Day Z, and it looks pretty promising in my opinion. It's a little sad, considering Day Z hasn't even made it out of Alpha, and if this is successful it's likely to kill Day Z in its youth. Still, building the game up standalone will have a lot of benefits. Thoughts?

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »
"War Z"

Way to be original, good sars.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:45 AM »

Offline Nelth

« Reply #152 on: July 20, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »
While the name is going a bit too far, they have full rights to make a FULL GAME out of a alpha mod. If they can do it succesfully, it will do well. But dayz is far from finished, and unless the dev team has mind reading powers, they will not go in the same direction.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #153 on: July 20, 2012, 02:59:31 AM »
War Z looks bad.  You can save your items.  You can make parties.  There should be no real parties, players should only be bound by friendship (lol felt weird typing that).  Saving items when you die and transferring between characters = game breaker.

Offline Allie The Outcast

« Reply #154 on: July 20, 2012, 03:32:22 AM »
Not sure what WarZ is but it does sound bad, also am i the only one who prefers to play alone??  I feel more of the suspense part of the game that was and its just great.  Also i don't have many people to play with anyways...  Meme5
9:38 PM - Allie The Outcast IS A FUCKIN HACKER
9:38 PM - Allie The Outcast turns aimbot on
9:39 PM - Allie The Outcast turns around in 0.1 seconds and shoots slenderman right in the fuckin head
9:40 PM - Allie The Outcast: HAHAHA IM SOOO F**KING FACEBOOKING THAT
9:40 PM - Kser|Adam: lol?
9:40 PM - Allie The Outcast: hell yea!
9:41 PM - Kser|Adam: u have facebook?
9:41 PM - Allie The Outcast: Noo i have myspace
9:41 PM - Kser|Adam: seriously??
9:41 PM - Allie The Outcast: lol no.
-------------------------------------------------
Xenn: Later butt meow
AllieTheOutcast: maybe deserve
AllieTheOutcast: one <3
AllieTheOutcast: :3
Xenn: One wat?
AllieTheOutcast: one heat
AllieTheOutcast: <3
AllieTheOutcast: heart*
Xenn: Yay
Xenn: And you deserve a peanus
Xenn: B=====D
Xenn: Bye bye berch

Offline Bokin0

« Reply #155 on: July 20, 2012, 04:06:31 AM »
Saving items when you die and transferring between characters = game breaker.
I agree.  The brutal consequences when you die is one of the things that makes DayZ so interesting. If I know I'll still have lots of stuff when I die it is not nearly as intense or fun.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #156 on: July 20, 2012, 05:39:52 AM »
How long does your body last, until it "rots" away.

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
How long does your body last, until it "rots" away.
I think it's 15 minutes, it was 5 minutes at some point, unsure if it still is.

Offline ??Mystery??

« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2012, 10:24:52 AM »
From my understanding In War Z there's a hardcore mode witch is like dayZ where if you die, you die and have to start over. And then theres normal mode where you can just respawn and relax.

« Reply #159 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
From my understanding In War Z there's a hardcore mode witch is like dayZ where if you die, you die and have to start over. And then theres normal mode where you can just respawn and relax.

I would enjoy that better than DayZ. I've got this awful hoarding issue where whatever I end up finding (shitty item or not), I feel like I just found a shitload of diamonds caked in cocaine with unicorns prancing around it. Rainbows and sunshine. I feel so great when I have a full bag and some decent items, then when I'm killed by some douchebag or event I feel like I could break my keyboard in half.

Would be so wonderful to respawn with AT LEAST SOME of my items. I haven't even played in two days because I'm scared of losing the morphine and blood bags I found.. I rather not play and know that I have the items than play and lose them and have to restart with nothing. XD

Offline xXArbysOvenMittXx

« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »

I would enjoy that better than DayZ. I've got this awful hoarding issue where whatever I end up finding (shitty item or not), I feel like I just found a shitload of diamonds caked in cocaine with unicorns prancing around it. Rainbows and sunshine. I feel so great when I have a full bag and some decent items, then when I'm killed by some douchebag or event I feel like I could break my keyboard in half.

Would be so wonderful to respawn with AT LEAST SOME of my items. I haven't even played in two days because I'm scared of losing the morphine and blood bags I found.. I rather not play and know that I have the items than play and lose them and have to restart with nothing. XD
Those are easily replaced though, normally through boxes on hospital roofs or medical tents. Dying is part of the game though, better to die or fight back than log out before getting shot at or eaten, because that ruins the experience for other players.

« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2012, 02:02:34 PM »
I didn't log out to avoid dying, I logged out when I raided a hospital during the night and I'm too afraid to log back in. :(

Offline caboose74

« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2012, 06:59:51 PM »
I didn't log out to avoid dying, I logged out when I raided a hospital during the night and I'm too afraid to log back in. :(

dying is part of the game  discofrog

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »
HOW THE HELL DO YOU CONNECT TO A GAME.

Argh this is frustrating.

Offline caboose74

« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »
for some reason most server are broken atm

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]