Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some changes that could be made  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Liam Neeson

Some changes that could be made
« on: June 08, 2012, 04:02:17 AM »
- CG head admins having no admin on ventrilo and far less infulence outside of their individual servers and are much closer to regular admins than to CLs

- Veteren admin being reduced to nothing more than a title and instead increasing the power of Regular admins

- Trial admin is as much a test as an admin application even more so trials are taught different commands on the server and also must have a good knowledge of the rules

- Admin abuse threads being far more advertised and advised by admins and also more about minor complaints than just major ones

- CG being far more open to people instead of keeping them in the dark about issues where it is not required

- Admin Abuse, Ban Appeals, and Ban Requests should all go in a complaint box Topic also add a shortcut on the top bar

- Move Head Admin Nomination to Admin Department as a child board

- Turn programming into a child board of help section

- Remove maps area instead just use the indivdual server threads for a less formal way to suggest map removals

- Make debate forum a child board of General discusions

- Remove the search shortcut from top bar

- Add shortcut to CG steam group on top bar and remove the board from the forums page

- Move machinma board to help section

- Move ventrillo to right below the game servers instead of in the trash area

- remove the child boards from general gaming talk
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:04:50 AM by alechertrocks »

Offline Old Crow

Re: Some changes that could be made
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:11:43 AM »
CG head admins having no admin on ventrilo and far less infulence outside of their individual servers and are much closer to regular admins than to CLs

but there is only 5 and who is gonna admin vent? It makes sense that they all have a say in everything, that is the point. HA are the ones that run the servers, so would we have 2 HA's then???

Veteren admin being reduced to nothing more than a title and instead increasing the power of Regular admins

Vet is an important part of the possibility of becoming a HA, and it shows that you have not abused your powers. If it is nothing more then a title then no point for it.

Trial admin is as much a test as an admin application even more so trials are taught different commands on the server and also must have a good knowledge of the rules

+1

Remove the search shortcut from top bar

Makes it easy to find things on the forums, either for history sake or bringing up previous topics
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:11:43 AM »

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:26:25 AM »
but there is only 5 and who is gonna admin vent? It makes sense that they all have a say in everything, that is the point. HA are the ones that run the servers, so would we have 2 HA's then???

Head admins would still have the same power within their server but giving them admin on vent doesnt really make much sense and also we can have admin applications for vent like every other server so finding admins for it isn't really a issue. also dont know what you mean by 2 HA's i never said we should change the number

Vet is an important part of the possibility of becoming a HA, and it shows that you have not abused your powers. If it is nothing more then a title then no point for it.

Ya it will still say your didn't abuse you powers and will still make you more eligible for HA what im saying is that Veteran shouldn't have more power if you passed through trial admin and CG see's you worthy of admin then why do have to wait 6 months to have admin on all servers if you trust someone with admin on one server then why not all of them

Makes it easy to find things on the forums, either for history sake or bringing up previous topics

im talking about the search bar between bans and profile it has no reason to exist if there is another search bar right below it 

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 04:39:42 AM »
Different servers require different responsibilities.

Veteran admin to me means you are trusted within the community and you are capable of holding your own on multiple servers.

Giving every regular admin a chance to be admin on multiple servers would not be that good. Regular admins screw up a lot more than veteran admins.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 04:44:34 AM »
Sorry confused HA with CL, I thought thats what you meant

Concerning Vets. What about adding bans in source through the source page? Its something that Regs cant do, but that Vets can. So would we give it to all the Regs or just to the HA's because either thats too many people having it, or too few. Also its not like Vet's have that much more power anyway, just what I mentioned above and a few more commands. Vet is the next ranking, and with it comes a little more power, I would not see the point of having a Vet status if it was just empty, nothing more then hey you have been around for 6 months, here's a cookie. With the admins on multiple servers there really aren't a whole lot, as most Vets tend to stick to their servers, and its nice to have a little extra coverage when its necessary.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 04:53:48 AM »
Sorry confused HA with CL, I thought thats what you meant

Concerning Vets. What about adding bans in source through the source page? Its something that Regs cant do, but that Vets can. So would we give it to all the Regs or just to the HA's because either thats too many people having it, or too few. Also its not like Vet's have that much more power anyway, just what I mentioned above and a few more commands. Vet is the next ranking, and with it comes a little more power, I would not see the point of having a Vet status if it was just empty, nothing more then hey you have been around for 6 months, here's a cookie. With the admins on multiple servers there really aren't a whole lot, as most Vets tend to stick to their servers, and its nice to have a little extra coverage when its necessary.

it all ready pretty much a heres a cookie ranking and if we extend trial admin there is really no reason for vet to exist other to tell people you have been admin a long time

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »

FRONT PAGE ON THE PORTAL. PLEASE. Will remind me to go in vent more often; I only look at the vent thing when I want to see who's on before I go on, every month or so I think about vent.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »
- CG head admins having no admin on ventrilo and far less infulence outside of their individual servers and are much closer to regular admins than to CLs
Wait what, HAs do have admin on vent.  I'm also pretty sure HAs have more influence then a reg admin.
- Veteren admin being reduced to nothing more than a title and instead increasing the power of Regular admins
As crow said, makes them eligable for HA.  Also shows they really know what they're doing.  Power is increased depending on the server you're on.  Not that you should even need increased power.  They also get admin on multiple servers.  It's more than just a title.  There are a lot of reasons for vet to exist.  When trials need help they know who to go to. Vets also get sourcebans access to edit bans.
- Trial admin is as much a test as an admin application even more so trials are taught different commands on the server and also must have a good knowledge of the rules
Isn't this already happening?
- Admin abuse threads being far more advertised and advised by admins and also more about minor complaints than just major ones
How is this a suggestion I don't get it.
- CG being far more open to people instead of keeping them in the dark about issues where it is not required
Maybe, but there are certainly many things that the entire community doesn't need to know about that probably should be kept behind the scenes.
- Admin Abuse, Ban Appeals, and Ban Requests should all go in a complaint box Topic also add a shortcut on the top bar
They go under admin shit because it's all realated to admining.
woud clean things up, would also make it less apparent to people a vote is going on though.
Since when is all programming help? What if you're just sharing code?
- Move machinma board to help section
Again, machinma != help
We've had this discussion before, press end on your keyboard and you're there.
- remove the child boards from general gaming talk
This makes it so much more organized.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
Black, you're use to TTT admins. How we do things is actaully abnormal compared to the rest of CG. There are a lot of trials / regs / vets who I have never seen more than once or twice on the forums. (Looking at you ZPS and ZM). Look at some of the apps for the other servers and you'll see a person with 1-5 posts being various ranks of admin.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
Black, you're use to TTT admins. How we do things is actaully abnormal compared to the rest of CG. There are a lot of trials / regs / vets who I have never seen more than once or twice on the forums. (Looking at you ZPS and ZM). Look at some of the apps for the other servers and you'll see a person with 1-5 posts being various ranks of admin.

Yeah well all of ZPS's active members are vets on other servers like pyro, sejo, then there's doc mentalist, patty, tictac and the others. I'd say only one or two don't actively post anymore, but there's only a small handful that actually play on the server often.. Most are still trials or regulars though so don't worry.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 12:54:54 PM »
 *cough alechertrocks post count *cough

In all seriousness, Tower is correct, although it seems like that the ZPS and ZM admins have been more active in the past 4 months on the forums, so its showing much improvement.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »
Isn't this already happening?

Not anywhere near enough

How is this a suggestion I don't get it.

Well its pretty obvious, I feel as if admin abuse threads are often times not advertised enough on the servers and only reserved for offenses that would cause someone to lose admin if proven true, more of a suggestion in change of attitude

Maybe, but there are certainly many things that the entire community doesn't need to know about that probably should be kept behind the scenes.

well of course ,but alot of times I feel like most of CG is talked down to and some issues there is no reason to not inform people

They go under admin shit because it's all realated to admining.

Yes but it would better fit in a complaint box board also its the only child board that isn't really for admins ,but about them

woud clean things up, would also make it less apparent to people a vote is going on though.

Not really any need for it to be its own board and besides thats what the portal is for and its current location really doesn't make it that much easier to find

Since when is all programming help? What if you're just sharing code?

thats a good point and i had something about that up there but removed it so my suggestion is that we remove the entire Technical area section and instead fit its contents all into one board excluding Community Suggestions

We've had this discussion before, press end on your keyboard and you're there.

well its not really a problem for me im talking so its advertised ,but i think i like pillz suggestion better than mine

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:33:59 PM by alechertrocks »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 04:00:54 PM »
Vet shouldn't be promised to all players; it's given if you're worthy and can be helpful, or make the time based promotion something else like senor/vet staus and then to get rcon and sbans you'd have to be promoted to like utility admin or whatever else we could ome up with because honestly having vets who rarely play or do anything and get to have super powers when they do play is.. fun.. but then we could choose wen to promote them and walk them through how to ftp and work sourebans.. Instead of empty, super delayed promotions.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
Vet shouldn't be promised to all players; it's given if you're worthy and can be helpful, or make the time based promotion something else like senor/vet staus and then to get rcon and sbans you'd have to be promoted to like utility admin or whatever else we could ome up with because honestly having vets who rarely play or do anything and get to have super powers when they do play is.. fun.. but then we could choose wen to promote them and walk them through how to ftp and work sourebans.. Instead of empty, super delayed promotions.
trollface*looks at TTT admins promoted during his HA* Already doing this without ftp access.
 meme2*Feels accomplished*

by Kwaurtz

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 06:00:29 PM »

it isn't supposed to be that way but it happens.  I am generally the one going around telling people to increase their post count

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 06:00:29 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal