Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Explain the evolution - IYOW  (Read 6952 times)

Offline Athlonz2012

Explain the evolution - IYOW
« on: June 04, 2012, 01:04:04 AM »
In your own words, Explain the evolution and lets have some fun comparing the totally unscientific results

I think evolution is caused by an adaptation of matter to its environment, over the course of millions of years, we became more and more sensible to 5 main senses : Touch, Smell, Vision, Taste and Hearing

Same as for animals as they adapt to their environment to their needs, we need fingers to handle tools with care, dogs don't need it... for now, they will evolve too just as we do.

another topic of evolution is Intelligence, the most intelligent member of a group, will survive complex tasks, will be able to solves problems first and be able to reproduce more easily compared to its less evolved peers.

In Conclusion, I think we are living a "Devolution" right now I mean we as North Americans experiance a new level of "ultra-marketism" where all the important things are reduced to "Oh look This amazing new cellphone I got today! Let's shop some more!" Also, McDonalds, Food Stamps etc. Or maybe, just maybe, this current generation will solve all of these problems, and we will finally get peace on earth.

So, What do you think?

(LAST WORDS) ]AthlonZ []-R.G-[]: I wished you guys speak french--

Offline arth987

Re: Explain the evolution - IYOW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »
Such a bullshit theory nothing anybody can tell me will change my opinion evolution is a bullshit theory that is wrong. There are so many things wrong with it. Especially the part of we all came from one single cell. The only real creation is god in the form of princess celestia. Your argument is invalid.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 01:30:55 AM »
Such a bullshit theory nothing anybody can tell me will change my opinion evolution is a bullshit theory that is wrong. There are so many things wrong with it. Especially the part of we all came from one single cell. The only real creation is god in the form of princess celestia. Your argument is invalid.

I srsd, then I laughed at the end of that.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:33:14 AM »
I think this might be taken down by someone soon.

Plus evolution is real, scientifically proven.

The gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form.

trollface

See it everyday
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:20:53 PM by Coreybush11 »

Offline Athlonz2012

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:34:31 AM »

trollface lol epic explanation, can't believe something like 1/3 of the US Population still doesn't get it

(LAST WORDS) ]AthlonZ []-R.G-[]: I wished you guys speak french--

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »
In your own words, Explain the evolution and lets have some fun comparing the totally unscientific results

I think evolution is caused by an adaptation of matter to its environment, over the course of millions of years, we became more and more sensible to 5 main senses : Touch, Smell, Vision, Taste and Hearing

Same as for animals as they adapt to their environment to their needs, we need fingers to handle tools with care, dogs don't need it... for now, they will evolve too just as we do.

another topic of evolution is Intelligence, the most intelligent member of a group, will survive complex tasks, will be able to solves problems first and be able to reproduce more easily compared to its less evolved peers.

In Conclusion, I think we are living a "Devolution" right now I mean we as North Americans experiance a new level of "ultra-marketism" where all the important things are reduced to "Oh look This amazing new cellphone I got today! Let's shop some more!" Also, McDonalds, Food Stamps etc. Or maybe, just maybe, this current generation will solve all of these problems, and we will finally get peace on earth.

So, What do you think?
This is more of how society changes, not evolution.  Evolution is about genetics being passed down to people's offspring.

Evolution is this: A creatures gene mutates.  Let's say this mutation gives it an edge when hunting.  Natural selection makes the ones with the mutation favored.  There will be more of them as others die.  Their offspring have the mutation.

Eventually, the species without the mutation may die off.  They may also survive.  Could go either way.  After a series of these, a new species is born. (One mutation doesn't make a new species, there needs to be a certain genetic difference.)

The reason whales have phalanx bones is because they were believed at one point to be on land.  Moving to the ocean and swimming, they do not need them, one creature muted to fins, and slowly they all got fins.

There is no adaptation.  It's natural selection.  Unless you start editing people's genes to 'adapt.'  The environment causes natural selection.  Our evolution process is moving at an extremely slow rate, this is because we control our environment.  We build homes instead of living in nature.  Animals live in nature, and some die for it.  Vary few humans die from their environment.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:58 PM »
Mutations and Adaptations, blah blah. I do believe in evolution, but evolution also sort of implies that everything came from everything else, causing an infinite chain of how something came to be. I'm not going into anything religious because i hate religion.

Offline Accan

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 07:11:23 PM »
I think this might be taken down by someone soon.

Plus evolution is real, scientifically proven.

The gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form.

trollface

See it everyday/

I lol'd

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_evolution

Every paragraph I make is a waste of time because everything you need to know is on wikipedia or somewhere else.

Evolution exists; there are fossils of prokaryotes from about 3.6 billion years ago, not even a billion years after the formation of the earths crust. Charles Darwin and many others believe we came from a single organism that reproduced, mutated and whatnot.

Evolution is apparent in dogs, cats and other animals. We have used artificial selection to make hundreds of different dogs and cats; while natural selection allowed helpful mutations survive which eventually became a normal part of that animal. We're all a result of freak accidents that were beneficial.

Even a liter of kittens sometimes has mutations and defects; and each one of those cats could go on to start a family of mutated/different cats. One of my cats was born with an extra toe on the inside of each front paw which he can use like an opposable thumb, and while he has no idea he has an upper hand on other cats, if he were to pass it on to all his children, and their childrens children, we'd have an army of cats with extra toes. Imagine that on a much larger scale 1 billion years ago to get how evolution works, kinda.. He can even walk on his hind legs when he wants too; I've seen him walk in circles chasing a piece of meat I was holding without walking on his front paws for 20 seconds. I have never seen that before; but my cats cooler than your cat. I also recently got one that has both front paws facing inward; and my girlfriend had a friend who's cat had both it's rear feet reversed. Shit happens but I think the worlds way to overpopulated for any species to completely change out. Maybe with the endangered species..

IDEA. Every species with less than 100 remaining, we genetically engineer until they are super beasts and we can equip them with lazers and automatic rifles. LIKE THE PANDAS. I mean if they're going extinct you might as well have them go out with a bang.

Anywho; I'm skeptical of everything and you all should be too. We don't know what happened 3.6 billion years ago, we can only make assumptions on the fossils we find and using the happenings of the past thousand or so years. Really talking about evolution is pointless because it usually comes down to religion or other opinions and bullshit.

I understand if you don't believe we slowly evolved from one organism to another and eventually into humans. At least understand that mutations and evolution does exist and that it is apparent in wildlife all over the world. Perhaps humans are the only thing of this earth that didn't originate on this planet; or perhaps god put two super humans in a garden that had children who mysteriously found wives and had incest until humanity got smarter and smarter; or perhaps we all slowly evolved from unaware organisms into fully sentient human beings.

It's all debatable but if you want evolution explained; the wikipedia link is above. I am beyond tired of this thread already after typing 6-7 essays worth of shit, deleting it, starting again, eventually googling different species and whatnot before finding wikipedia, simply making the link my post, then typing more shit.

but first..
1) another topic of evolution is Intelligence, the most intelligent member of a group, will survive complex tasks, will be able to solves problems first and be able to reproduce more easily compared to its less evolved peers.

2) In Conclusion, I think we are living a "Devolution" right now I mean we as North Americans experiance a new level of "ultra-marketism" where all the important things are reduced to "Oh look This amazing new cellphone I got today! Let's shop some more!" Also, McDonalds, Food Stamps etc. Or maybe, just maybe, this current generation will solve all of these problems, and we will finally get peace on earth.

1) Survive complex tasks? Be able to solve problems first? Be able to reproduce more easily compared to "less evolved" peers? What..? If you are specifically talking about humans, and implying the more intelligent are more evolved and reproduce more; that's.. ridiculous. If you meant humans compared to "less evolved" species/animals, that's also ridiculous... Rabbits and rats reproduce more than humans.. and bacteria. How are they, or anyone or thing else LESS evolved? Are you comparing them to humans as the final stage of evolution, or is there some system of TOO EVOLVED or NOT EVOLVED ENOUGH that I didn't know about? Intelligence for the most part is

2) I don't even know how to address this. You think we're in a period of de-evolution because technology is advancing and because of a new level in "ULTRA MARKETISM"(<new word)? 200,000 years ago the highlight of someones day was hauling logs and food around, or maybe relaxing in a lake. We are constantly evolving mentally, and with more technology we have more information. More information means more thinking, more thinking means more progress.

I kind of get what you're saying but uhh; not really. I'm mad I already wasted so much time on this thread, but it's only a matter of time before it's locked so I suppose I'll have my fun.

TLDR: Evolution exists, nobody knows what happened on the first day of life on earth or the next 3.5 billion years after we can only GUESS based on what we've seen over the past couple thousand, and Darwin is a boss. Also Pillz types too much.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:50:04 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
The Debate master has spoken, but still no one reads his posts.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
The Debate master has spoken, but still no one reads his posts.

That's why I always make a TLDR for everyone who's lazy!

Offline arth987

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »
Bullshit Bullshit, and more well.. Bullshit. Evolution is a stupid theory with too many problems with the entire theory itself. Its just the Catholic regardless of how much i hated church i guess it stuck.. But still doesnt change the fact that i don't believe it, i get it i just don't think its plausible. Regardless of my Religious standing.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
Bullshit Bullshit, and more well.. Bullshit. Evolution is a stupid theory with too many problems with the entire theory itself. Its just the Catholic regardless of how much i hated church i guess it stuck.. But still doesnt change the fact that i don't believe it, i get it i just don't think its plausible. Regardless of my Religious standing.

Okay, just explain how then; unless you just know it's wrong and never gave one thought as to why. If not, why isn't the theory of evolution as already proven existent in modern times plausible? Kind sir.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:02:27 PM by Pillz »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 12:34:34 AM »

I'm catholic as well but I think there is enough room for both, neither can 100% prove what happened and both are plausible.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline arth987

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »
Well I guess what it is, is I do believe evolution is mainly correct scientifically but then I feel guilty religiously.  Meme8

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal