Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls ONLINE.  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Pillz

Elder Scrolls ONLINE.
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW. We all knew it was coming sooner or later. Now the time is upon us.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/

DISCUSS.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:55:02 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

Re: Elder Scrolls ONLINE.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »
It's in Third person and it uses action bars and cooldowns. Just hyped up cuz it's Elderscrolls.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 04:11:06 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 04:13:23 PM »
It's in Third person and it uses action bars and cooldowns. Just hyped up cuz it's Elderscrolls.

I played half of skyrim in 3rd person and it has the same stamina bar system; you can travel through all the Elder Scrolls universe. If not immediately, you definitely will in the future with expansions or something. Regardless I think this is going to lead the MMO's for a while.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »

I played half of skyrim in 3rd person and it has the same stamina bar system; you can travel through all the Elder Scrolls universe. If not immediately, you definitely will in the future with expansions or something. Regardless I think this is going to lead the MMO's for a while.
I highly doubt it, most likely they are going to lose at least 1/3 of their subscribers after about 2-4 months of playing.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »

I highly doubt it, most likely they are going to lose at least 1/3 of their subscribers after about 2-4 months of playing.

Hahaha, yeah that's likely, I get what you're saying but people will continue to find out about it forever; there are too many Elder scrolls fans who've been wanting an MMO of ES since Morrowind, and before that.

Offline Nelth

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
Well aren't we a pessimist sniper? Give it a chance to grow and aspire to the heights of gaming history!

Offline arth987

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »
Excuse me. I need to go change my pants

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
Well aren't we a pessimist sniper? Give it a chance to grow and aspire to the heights of gaming history!
Im just being realistic. There have been so many hyped up MMOs lately and they all fall after a couple months. I'm just saying this is likely to do the same.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:35 PM »
Im just being realistic. There have been so many hyped up MMOs lately and they all fall after a couple months. I'm just saying this is likely to do the same.

I think just the media hype dies down, but player base only continues to grow. Of course you stop hearing about it but probably because you and the group of people you're involved wth doesn't care to track the games progress all the time. If you legimately do do this than wut. Regardless a game like this won't die down easily, skyrim was too awesome and too many people loved the other games of the series. This is like when warcraft went WoW: idk but it's going to be better than most mmo's out there

Offline Nelth

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 09:49:53 PM »
A good example of what pillz is saying is Rift. Nobody hears anything about it anymore, but new dlc keeps going out, and they even had a promotional deal with valve.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 10:43:28 PM »
Never actually thought of it that way. I guess your right. (There, i did something my parents hate to do)

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »
It uses the same game engine as TORtanic.

I agree with Sniper in that it probably IS overhyped just because its elder scrolls. Despite what everyone says, Elder Scrolls does not need an MMO. It needs to eventually feature multiplayer, yes, but not in an MMO. Why not have a detailed single player game like we've always had, but also include a multiplayer option where people can traipse around the gameworld on dedicated servers. Think GTA4 or Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. Obviously these servers would be moddable, and there could be several multiplayer-centric events and quests. Faction and Arena PVP? My point? MMos are just....inferior. Sure you got HUNDREDS OF PEOPRE playing together in the same gameworld, but a lot of things are sacrificed for that. MMOS have been forced into the f2p market for a reason, they're too shitty for people to pay full price for.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:23:07 PM by Napolean BonaPARTY »
ha ha I made a signature

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal