Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Day Z (Arma 2 Mod)  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Smiffy

Day Z (Arma 2 Mod)
« on: April 28, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRpPIyJDSEQ</a>

http://www.serellan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/679-day-z-arma-ii-mod/

I just saw this video, then read the forum post, My god this sounds amazing, Sounds like a realistic zombie survival sorta, Having to find food and feed yourself, scavenging for guns/equipment, if you're damaged it seems like you bleed, if you don't bandage yourself, you're going to bleed out.

The game even goes by realtime,  Example:Say if its 00:00AM where the server is hosted, In game is going to be 00:00AM and completely dark.

This mod is still in alpha and already tempts me into buying Arma2, I just hope they make the zombies look alittle more zombie like and so they don't sound like L4D's Hunter.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSWRfI4SkWc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSWRfI4SkWc</a>
Players stealing stuff from players.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOq3OrGEC7w" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOq3OrGEC7w</a>
Someguy getting trapped in an apartment area, Zombies are being alerted by the sounds of his gunshots and flares.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:04:20 PM by Smiffy »

Offline Old Crow

Re: Day Z (Arma 2 Mod)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »
Arma 2 is an amazing game in itself and it seems like this mod work well as Arma 2 is a simulation more then your standard shooter.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:37:53 PM »

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:34:55 PM »
Arma 2 is an amazing game in itself and it seems like this mod work well as Arma 2 is a simulation more then your standard shooter.

I've always wanted to try Arma but never got around to it, right now i sorta just want it just for this mod, but i'll be giving the game a try to.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
I bought arma 2 a week or so ago to play with some people, haven't tried many mods, but this looks awesome.  Game has so much potential, and it's very realistic.  Learning to play is a bitch though.  Confuses the hell out of me.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
I bought arma 2 a week or so ago to play with some people, haven't tried many mods, but this looks awesome.  Game has so much potential, and it's very realistic.  Learning to play is a bitch though.  Confuses the hell out of me.

Welp guess I'll have to try learn on the go, plan to play this straight away, would be awesome if we could get a little group going, that way bandit players probably won't attack us and surviving will be a bit easier.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:13:43 PM »

@Smiffy its free to try!

Black we need to play sometime then, i have nobody to play with 0.0

3 Days isn't log

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »

@Smiffy its free to try!

Free you say? Welp guess i can test if my comp can run it well then!, to play Day Z you need Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, I'll certianly try the normal game though.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:33:21 AM »
Free you say? Welp guess i can test if my comp can run it well then!, to play Day Z you need Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, I'll certianly try the normal game though.

$30 for both games, not too bad if you ask me.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 04:34:10 AM »

@Smiffy its free to try!

Yes it is F2P the multiplayer version but arrowhead is an expansion pack. If you can wait for it I suggest it, since I got mine during one of the crazy Steam sales for 5 bucks, and bought my friend one as well

And that's 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  discofrog discofrog discofrog discofrog

3 Days isn't log

Offline Bloody Mion

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 04:47:42 AM »
old crow play this with me sometime

Offline Spadie

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 05:35:58 AM »
Arby and I were talking about this mod yesterday. The guy in the last video probably attracted more zombies by running (zombies go to sound), and gunfire obviously. I think the first was alerted when he threw his flare, as they're also attracted by light and fire.

But yeah, time to job hunt so I can build a PC good enough to run Arma 2!  Meme4

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 06:31:18 AM »
installing arma 2 now, this looks fun

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »
You need Operation Arrowhead for this.

which is not free to play
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Bloody Mion

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:13 PM »
Does anyone actually have this mod i need to play with someone

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
old crow play this with me sometime

Yes we should play sometime, but for the mod I cannot, since I do not have arrowhead.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal