Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CISPA  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Coreybush11

Re: CISPA
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:35:53 AM »
The Obama Administration said they would veto it if it came to vote, so quit worrying.
BUT! if he does veto the bill it goes back to congress and they vote once more and can over power the veto.

You realize that after a veto you need a 2/3 majority in the house and senate, which mean some people on the other side need to vote for the side trying to pass it. With the way both parties are split, if it get vetoed then its gonna be hard to pass.

Both sides agree on censoring the Internet.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »
The Obama Administration said they would veto it if it came to vote, so quit worrying.
BUT! if he does veto the bill it goes back to congress and they vote once more and can over power the veto.

You realize that after a veto you need a 2/3 majority in the house and senate, which mean some people on the other side need to vote for the side trying to pass it. With the way both parties are split, if it get vetoed then its gonna be hard to pass.

Yeah but they still hate each other and try to cut off each other at every chance they get.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »

Yeah but they still hate each other and try to cut off each other at every chance they get.
Well the bill is passed by the house and the senate is still voting on it.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »
c-c-c-ombo breaker

Do you know what I mean though when I say its harder to pass after a veto. Right now it only needs a majority even if that's by one vote. Do you happen to have the amounts of votes for yes and no?

3 Days isn't log

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
c-c-c-ombo breaker

Do you know what I mean though when I say its harder to pass after a veto. Right now it only needs a majority even if that's by one vote. Do you happen to have the amounts of votes for yes and no?
What happens then....?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:18 AM »
c-c-c-ombo breaker

What happens then....?

Then it does exactly what we are talking about, goes to the prez, he (possibly) vetos it, then goes back to both the house and the senate and needs a 2/3 majority to pass like i mentioned earlier

example senate votes 51-49 the first time around and it can pass, if it gets vetoed then they HAVE to pass it what 65/35 or around there

3 Days isn't log

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 01:54:59 AM »
c-c-c-ombo breaker

What happens then....?

Then it does exactly what we are talking about, goes to the prez, he (possibly) vetos it, then goes back to both the house and the senate and needs a 2/3 majority to pass like i mentioned earlier

example senate votes 51-49 the first time around and it can pass, if it gets vetoed then they HAVE to pass it what 65/35 or around there
Yup i learned that in government class :P I still hate the government its broken

Offline Mr.TheDoctor

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 12:16:11 AM »
They need to fucking stop trying to censor the internet.  It's starting to piss me off.  Let's say we failed to stop one of these, and they get passed.  Then maybe the gov will realize it's a mistake when the protesting, possible rioting, and hacktivism hits.

Right. I mean, has the government gotten this stupid? (Rhetorical question, of course they have...) You know who else censors the internet? China and North Korea, that's who. Last time I checked, the U.S. was trying to NOT become like those countries. It's incredible how these types of bills so blatantly contradict the rights of the people, and yet the government actually considers passing them. I swear I'm just gonna pack up and move to Canada once this goes too far. (As if it hasn't already)
10:53 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just tape their mouth shut and then rape them with a pencil and call their family and say you're the insurance guy and need they need to come in for the life insurance and when they get there tape their mouths and rape them with a pencil and then rinse and repeat with relatives
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: but i mean
10:54 PM - ??Mystery??: you could just ignore it

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »
They need to fucking stop trying to censor the internet.  It's starting to piss me off.  Let's say we failed to stop one of these, and they get passed.  Then maybe the gov will realize it's a mistake when the protesting, possible rioting, and hacktivism hits.

Right. I mean, has the government gotten this stupid? (Rhetorical question, of course they have...) You know who else censors the internet? China and North Korea, that's who. Last time I checked, the U.S. was trying to NOT become like those countries. It's incredible how these types of bills so blatantly contradict the rights of the people, and yet the government actually considers passing them. I swear I'm just gonna pack up and move to Canada once this goes too far. (As if it hasn't already)
Smart but no. If you move ANYWHERE if you connect to any US servers or sites they have the right to track you and see what you are doing take info whatever they want just like your on US land. Thats a part of the bill.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal