Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Elevator Source!  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Pillz

Elevator Source!
« on: April 14, 2012, 01:20:53 AM »
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/16/todays-greatest-thing-ever-elevator-source/

Bahhahahaha. After watching the 45 minute video of people playing this; I want a goddamn elevator source server. So many people wouldn't of played it before and the reactions would be priceless everytime.

Basically it's a Gmod gamemode, where you all board an elevator, and ride it; visiting strange rooms you don't want to get off on, the rooms AI's get on your elevator, the one's where they get off, and so on.. I think at the end you can play pool, watch youtube on the TV, play slot machines and other stuff. :l
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

Re: Elevator Source!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »
yeah but replay value would suck horribly XD I'd be partialy afk everytime

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:06:23 AM »

Change my mind.  That looks fucking amazing.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:33:56 AM »
it looks so fun. but I don't happen to own HL2EP2 and GMOD  Meme12

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »

Exactly; it'd be a hilarious and easy to manage server. Many people would join out of curiousity, and if we have funny players on; it might encourage them to join the community! I don't know, but it would be a fun idea; if we could throw one on the box I'd be glad to play/admin.

Edit: I'm pretty sure admins would be useless; honestly this is a game you where the worst thing a player could do is micspam/be offensive/annoying. The game looks so fun though :3

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 08:25:54 PM »

Exactly; it'd be a hilarious and easy to manage server. Many people would join out of curiousity, and if we have funny players on; it might encourage them to join the community! I don't know, but it would be a fun idea; if we could throw one on the box I'd be glad to play/admin.

Edit: I'm pretty sure admins would be useless; honestly this is a game you where the worst thing a player could do is micspam/be offensive/annoying. The game looks so fun though :3
I played it for a while, sadly no mic on the server, but it was fun.  Garry's head was on fire, he was on the elevator with us.  We then got to the lobby, blended bleach and beer together, and watched youtube vids.  I'd play it lol.

Offline Chickenma3

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:20:06 PM »
Ive played this. I found it extremely boring, Unless u like (sitting in an elevator for 90 minutes waiting floor by floor until you reach the top floor, where there is absolutely nothing fun to do) then i would not recommend this.
(=CG=) Inject OH 4: COWS
(=CG=) Inject OH 4: THEY FLY
Chickenma3: did jorgen give u his special plant?

Tendovvi: i just got cyber laid
(=CG=)Chickenma3: hot

Kyllingmor3: die
Kyllingmor3: in
Kyllingmor3: a
Kyllingmor3: fire
Kyllingmor3: now
(=CG=) Kleenex/Jorgen: xD
(=CG=) Kleenex/Jorgen: I am allready
(=CG=) Kleenex/Jorgen: it is called CG leadership
Kyllingmor3: =3

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:07:40 AM »
Ive played this. I found it extremely boring, Unless u like (sitting in an elevator for 90 minutes waiting floor by floor until you reach the top floor, where there is absolutely nothing fun to do) then i would not recommend this.

It's sort of like a chatroom, you have to be able to socialize, otherwise it's no fun.

Offline ??Mystery??

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »
Me and HeLLoKiTTY played this for bout an hour, very lolzy.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 01:29:29 AM »
if we can find people to  donate enough money to get a 6 month prepaid subscription for a 24 slot server we could make this happen

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 05:05:58 AM »
A ten slot or so would be fine really, 24 would be insane and nobody would be able to hear lol So that's why I figured this game could do well on the serverbox, fairly little stress from the players and lag shouldn't alter gameplay too bad at all..

Offline Sammy

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 05:23:15 AM »
Watched Smiffy do this at his house, found it odd yet quite interesting.

I can vouch that people will play this, Smiffy would probably be happy.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 06:54:10 AM »
A ten slot or so would be fine really, 24 would be insane and nobody would be able to hear lol So that's why I figured this game could do well on the serverbox, fairly little stress from the players and lag shouldn't alter gameplay too bad at all..

10 slots?

sounds even more do able than haha but not off the server box we want to isolate all gmod servers because of the ddos issues

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 07:00:35 AM »
If someone has $42 I can put up a 8 slot gmod server for this for 6 months all paid for

anyone want to donate specifically to the cause?

If someone donates $42 or two people donate $20 we can have this

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »

10 slots?

sounds even more do able than haha but not off the server box we want to isolate all gmod servers because of the ddos issues

If anyone ever DDOS'd an elevator server.. they're something special. But I'm sure it could happen; but couldn't it on most games we have on the box?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal