Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Minecraft Server!  (Read 4726 times)

Offline Zukuto

New Minecraft Server!
« on: April 07, 2012, 04:52:05 AM »
I'm currently hosting a (hopefully) 24/7 Minecraft server for CG.
It's running on my laptop, which is a 2.1Ghz Quad with 6GB of RAM.
I use my desktop for everything, so it should be uninterrupted.
My internet connection is 10Mb, should be enough for quite a few people.

If you have any mods/suggestions post them here please.
At the moment the spawn is kinda spotty, but i'll gladly let somebody make a more appropriate one.
Seeing as I'm a HA, I will use the Minecraft section of our forums to appoint admins(if that many people play)
Currently it's not whitelisted, that could change.

Have fun, and please, don't try to crash it, I'll throw some auto-restart code in there so it doesn't stay down.

Zukuto's Minecraft : 74.128.181.65:25565

-Ip also located in the comment of the Minecraft channel in Ventrilo.

Offline Blackllama

Re: New Minecraft Server!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:00:06 AM »
I haven't really been following the MC server, what's wrong with the old one, it needs an update or something?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:00:06 AM »

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:06:16 AM »
Inject used to fund it, and he said he isn't anymore. So, no more MC server. And I like messing with servers.

Win win for me?

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »
You sure that wasn't a part of his april fools joke? XD only play I can see where he posted that.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 07:38:33 AM »
So your upload speed is REALLY 10MB NOT Mbit?

Know the difference between MB and MBIT

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 11:19:22 AM »
If you have fibre op you can easily get 10mb...
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Nelth

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 12:54:53 PM »
If you have fibre op you can easily get 10mb...
last I checked, mine was around/over 20 mb. Thats Fios for yeah.

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »
So your upload speed is REALLY 10MB NOT Mbit?

Know the difference between MB and MBIT

Megabyte (MB), a measure of amount of information used, for example, to quantify computer memory or storage capacity
Megabit (Mb, or properly: Mbit), a measure of amount of information

Instead of bashing me about something I already know about, how about you pay attention to the topic, and not be picky about syntax. Especially when you're wrong.

Also, I wasn't bragging about my internet speed, just stating my bandwidth as justification to why I think I could run a server. With some somewhat successful stress testing, I now know that I can.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 06:58:19 PM »
I'm always put off by other people doing this with MC servers because they only last as long as their interested. So as long as you actively update mods and the server, and don't let it become this boring unupdated blob of grief; I'm happy.

I allowed my sister to play on our server, and took all my valuables out of my chests so she couldnt steal them, and when I went to find her in my cave, she had rerouted my minecart route into lava, so I lost all my nether items, diamonds, and anything else important that I had lots of. I raged hard, but oh well, getting a new server makes me happy again.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »
Well there goes my 40 diamonds... I'll hop on the new server sometime, it's nice to have someone that will actually take care of it.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:52:18 PM »
Can anyone confirm that the last server is no longer being funded?  Probably should just ask inject, but seriously, not posted anywhere as far as I can tell.  Unless he said it over vent or something.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 08:06:20 PM »
Is this gonna replace CGS current server or is it just a personal venture.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »
Can anyone confirm that the last server is no longer being funded?  Probably should just ask inject, but seriously, not posted anywhere as far as I can tell.  Unless he said it over vent or something.

He said it on vent last night. Might want to talk to him directly about it though. This isn't necessarily a replacement. More of a place-holder until we have the RAM upgrade and can put a server up on there. We currently don't know how long that will take, so I'm devoting my own resources to the MC server.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 08:18:39 PM »
Eh sounds like fun I guess, ill just mine this time because everytime I try to build something we take the server down Meme8
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:35 AM »
Confirmed

When the server gets upgrades (10 years from now) we will host a MC on the box.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:35 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal