Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Huntsman taunt and holiday punch  (Read 4568 times)

Offline Jorgen

Huntsman taunt and holiday punch
« on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:55 AM »
I think we should actually think about making a rule against using those 2 together, because it kills the server during mornings if some1 does it.

Maybe we should have a rule against using them when there are few people around.

Offline Yahtzee

Re: Huntsman taunt and holiday punch
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »
I totally agree.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
Yeah but how could we enforce it if no admins are on?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 04:01:27 PM »
+1, destroys the server.

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
Can't you just blacklist the Holiday punch?It's op with almost any combination.
I need a new sig...

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
Can't you just blacklist the Holiday punch?It's op with almost any combination.

I agree. If 3 heavies equip it its tough for the average Saxton to win or even have a chance.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »
Sounds like a done deal then, blacklist the holiday punch until saxton gets updated and that weapon gets nerfed.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
Yeah it is def overpowered, we owned Finnie earlier today with 2 heavies using it. killed maybe 4 Saxtons in a row using it.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »
Since it is pretty much unanimous then if some1 is abusing the weapon, I allow you to warn, then punish. Punish would mean max a kick, normally a slay if they keep abusing it.

Offline Guvnuh

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
So, holiday punch is officially blacklisted? Anybody want to add that to the MOTD?

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2012, 03:07:58 AM »
Yeah it is def overpowered, we owned Finnie earlier today with 2 heavies using it. killed maybe 4 Saxtons in a row using it.
That was because I cornered myself.

If you're not retarded and not straightly confront the attacking team.

Just do death from above. Don't pick em out when they're in a group. When the round starts always pick the sentries/ENGIES. Then pick some medics and some heavies.

It's not OP, it's that you don't know how to handle the situation.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2012, 03:15:48 AM »

Just do death from above. Don't pick em out when they're in a group. When the round starts always pick the sentries/ENGIES. Then pick some medics and some heavies.

Yes but the average player really has no chance. Veterans will but if somebody new plays hale the first time and gets killed like that it could turn them off the game mode and our server

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 07:30:11 AM »

Finnies Right, it's not OP alone. Besides he has a 1 second time frame between laughs to either hit us or jump which negates his laugh taunt and allows him to murder more!

The gloves range is ridiculous and cheep sometimes but to ban it completely is a litter ridiculous.

The new update we haven't applied does however kind of fix the Holiday punch where I believe it's stun works more like the baseball however that update also turns the Euraka Effect off which many people really enjoy.

Although perhaps it's time we suck it up and lose our sexy wrench that gives us awesome?!

But My vote is still that neither are OP unless used together.

However holiday punching while haled is very lame.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 10:24:48 AM »

Finnies Right, it's not OP alone. Besides he has a 1 second time frame between laughs to either hit us or jump which negates his laugh taunt and allows him to murder more!

The gloves range is ridiculous and cheep sometimes but to ban it completely is a litter ridiculous.

The new update we haven't applied does however kind of fix the Holiday punch where I believe it's stun works more like the baseball however that update also turns the Euraka Effect off which many people really enjoy.

Although perhaps it's time we suck it up and lose our sexy wrench that gives us awesome?!

that is the thing though, people abuse the weapon. Which makes it very OP and that second you are talking bout is pretty much what the average player has in ping, so go figure.
Another thing to add, there has never been a holiday puncher without a medic and/or sandwich, so good luck hitting him.
I can deal with the holiday punch, but having the server die every fucking morning I try populating it due to some fucker overusing the weapon is having a negative affect on the serve itself so I leave you with an ultimatum.

Punish for abusing the weapon (or update) or lose the chance to populate on euro times.

I still say we should punish for abusing the weapon, using it legitimately however is completely fine. 

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »

that is the thing though, people abuse the weapon. Which makes it very OP and that second you are talking bout is pretty much what the average player has in ping, so go figure.
Another thing to add, there has never been a holiday puncher without a medic and/or sandwich, so good luck hitting him.
I can deal with the holiday punch, but having the server die every fucking morning I try populating it due to some fucker overusing the weapon is having a negative affect on the serve itself so I leave you with an ultimatum.

Punish for abusing the weapon (or update) or lose the chance to populate on euro times.

I still say we should punish for abusing the weapon, using it legitimately however is completely fine.
Medics can't heal whilst taunted but ok...

It's not doubt annoying and being over used but generally just seems to be annoying more then anything else. However on the other side haven't played in a while.

I think new update is coming out soon I'll see what I can do.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal