Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hunger Games  (Read 9944 times)

Offline Old Crow

Hunger Games
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »
So has anybody seen it? Does it live up to the hype?

Also Jennifer Lawrence  smug
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: Hunger Games
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »
way over hyped haven't scene it, and to all the little 4 year old girls reading the box saying " OMG SUCH AN ORIGINAL IDEA AND STORY SO GOOD AND VERY IN DEPTH"
Bull fucking shit. The story's the least original story ever. The whole idea of this is dumb and I don't understand why people are so hard for this.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
way over hyped haven't scene it, and to all the little 4 year old girls reading the box saying " OMG SUCH AN ORIGINAL IDEA AND STORY SO GOOD AND VERY IN DEPTH"
Bull fucking shit. The story's the least original story ever. The whole idea of this is dumb and I don't understand why people are so hard for this.
Why would people look at the box and say it's original?  Shouldn't they be reading the book and saying that?

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 08:50:42 PM »
Agree with Inject.  It is a depressing view of the future world.  And over done. And done many times. Not spending my money on an over hyped, over computer graphic-ed, movie. 

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »
" title="Hosted by imgur.com

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 09:12:19 PM »
Why would people look at the box and say it's original?  Shouldn't they be reading the book and saying that?
Story = Book Or the Lore In General.
So saying the book is original is incorrect too as theirs tons of older story's about the same thing.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Sprite

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 12:01:52 AM »
Battle Royal was a good book kinda of the same idea but it came out before hunger games

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:25:20 AM »
Eh I have never read it but to be honest I'm past the fact that anything is fully original anymore but kind of hard to gauge how good/bad it is if nobody has seen it YET!

3 Days isn't log

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
Books really good, never seen the movie, but i think i'm not going to like it.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 12:54:00 AM »
Eh I have never read it but to be honest I'm past the fact that anything is fully original anymore but kind of hard to gauge how good/bad it is if nobody has seen it YET!

Nothing is really original anymore, some things just get lucky and become popular.  Like harry potter for example, A boy has special powers and is taught to use them, he then has to fight evil and save the world etc etc.

Offline Dante

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 03:58:52 AM »
How is it unoriginal? I have read the book, along with many post apocalyptic novels/comics/rpgs and movies, the only thing that comes close is mad max and the thunder dome. (Two man enter thunderdome, 1 couple-I MEAN MAN! Come out.)
Also it basicly combines Rome (BC), Survivor(TV), Mad max (Non destroyed shit), And kids compeition shows (Destroy/Nik.etc)

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
How is it unoriginal? I have read the book, along with many post apocalyptic novels/comics/rpgs and movies, the only thing that comes close is mad max and the thunder dome. (Two man enter thunderdome, 1 couple-I MEAN MAN! Come out.)
Also it basicly combines Rome (BC), Survivor(TV), Mad max (Non destroyed shit), And kids compeition shows (Destroy/Nik.etc)
Have you not scene the 30 different other movies that do it with prison inmates and slaves?
And it's identical to battle royal.
It's the dumbest most unoriginal over hyped BS in a long time. Almost on par with the harry potter crap

OH HARRY  Meme4
Die please -_- Meme10

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Jesus it's like nobody here ever watched / read The Running Man... I AM DISSAPOINT
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 02:05:53 PM »
Jesus it's like nobody here ever watched / read The Running Man... I AM DISSAPOINT
I'm not 98 years old. I don't watch old ass movies. But I'm sure it was great... for its time -_-

EDIT: watched a trailer. Yeah same thing I was talking about 30 other movies have been made like this afterwards with the same idea and plot.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:07:35 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »

With the governator? I have seen it, its a pretty good movie for the crazy 80s standard.

Look don't really care if its orginal or not, just wondering if its good aka have you seen the movie, is it worth seeing!

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 02:08:56 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal