Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Camper Strike's Time Away  (Read 1536 times)

Offline CamperStrike

Camper Strike's Time Away
« on: March 17, 2012, 07:22:34 PM »
Name: Camper Strike

Time you are leaving: Until I fix my Gmod

In Which server you are admin on: TTT #1

Additional Comments:

As some of you might have noticed, I've been away from the server for a very long time now (about 3 weeks or so), only occasionally joining the server when people from CG ask me to join if the server lacks admins.

The reason I've been away for this long is because my HD was clogged up with useless sh#t (and the fact that I've been torrenting anime/manga nonstop lately), and I wasn't having time to clean it up, so Gmod took a very long time to launch because of my addons and whatnot.

So I finally got some spare time to clean up my HD and I freed about 20GBs or so, and two or three ago started testing all my Steam games that were still installed to check if everything was alright since I messed around the /steamapps folder to check if there was any mod/addon I wasn't playing anymore and I could delete, and then I finally got to Gmod.

So, here's the problem: When I launch it, it takes literally 30 minutes or so to load the game. And, even worse, it takes waaaaaay longer to join any server than it took before I cleaned up my HD; It took me 15 ~ 30 seconds to join our server and when I tested 2 days ago it took 7 minutes.

I tried deleting all my addons (not that I had a lot, only about 10 or so) and reinstalling Gmod. It didn't work, and I have no idea why it's like this. I haven't changed any hardware or ANYTHING at all on my PC, and all my other games are running just fine.

So until I fix this, I won't be able to join the server, and if anyone could help me solve my problem, I'd be glad.
Cookies go here?

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

Re: Camper Strike's Time Away
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »
Still have the maps?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »

Offline ??Mystery??

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
Good luck

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »
Still have the maps?

No, but I can download them from the server.
Cookies go here?

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:26:44 AM »
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 12:33:09 AM by Cadaver »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 01:16:30 AM »
a while back I was google searching for maps and found this.

http://conjointgaming.com/fastdl/GMODTTT-1/maps/

Pretty useful.  Just DL the ones you think you'll need first.  Goes faster then loading screens.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
I've seen similar problems before, but nothing this bad. Do you have an advanced form of wiremod on your gmod?
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
I've seen similar problems before, but nothing this bad. Do you have an advanced form of wiremod on your gmod?

No, I literally don't have ANYTHING installed on my gmod... It's as 'clean' as it could be.

a while back I was google searching for maps and found this.

http://conjointgaming.com/fastdl/GMODTTT-1/maps/

Pretty useful.  Just DL the ones you think you'll need first.  Goes faster then loading screens.

Thanks, Black.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Don't worry, I can still check the forums.  meme2

Cookies go here?

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 05:59:41 PM »
Well, I suggest making a help thread on the steam user forums. If worse comes to worse and you can't find any way to fix it you can always try reformating your computer.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 05:16:34 AM »
Alright, I FINALLY fixed it. How?
No clue, I just kept reinstalling and it seems it got tired of trolling me.  Meme6

Anyway, I'm back. Sorry for necroing but I didn't feel like making another thread.
Cookies go here?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 05:16:34 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal