Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Projects  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Old Crow

Projects
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
Gentlemen, I think we should think about building a big project. Something all of us can enjoy and have fun building. I say we make a neither portal far away from the initial point and make a large city surrounded by lets say a castle.

This way it is built far enough away from spawn that griefers won't touch it, while everybody can participate in building this city.

Thoughts? Also note this is just a rough outline, if we really want to do something we need a good plan to do it.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

Re: Projects
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »
I think this is a good idea, the question is where are the blocks coming from though.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:44:56 PM »
Us. Nothing should be generated, everything should be made/found.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:37:53 PM »
I'm down. I already made mostly everything I wanted to but I do not advise making a portal because there are already a few on the map.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
I'm down. I already made mostly everything I wanted to but I do not advise making a portal because there are already a few on the map.

I mean lets go through blacklamas which is the standard nether portal and from their walk to a new spot far away and make a portal, that way its far from everything else

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
Sounds perfet, but we would need to cordinate a time and date for scouts to find a good spot and to assign jobs.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
We should make a steam group
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »

3 Days isn't log

Offline Dante

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 10:33:32 PM »
i dont have steam on my cpu, and i cant put it on, so if you decide time and day please post it here.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 11:15:33 PM »
Why can't you put it on your computer?

Also there is a smart phone app

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming

Offline Dante

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 11:45:26 PM »
Im using my dads because mines broken, and it took five days of making deals to get minecraft on it,
Also i dont have a smart phone.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 04:51:32 AM »
I can post information in both spots. Too tired atm will do tomorrow but first project in 1 week from monday.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 02:24:50 AM »
Ok me and Inject checked out an insane minecraft server earlier today, so insane i was 2 minutes late to work lol. (true story)

Anyway I believe it is a direction that we should be heading towards. The MC server is not populated often but it would be great to get things together to involve all of CG and anybody else that wants to have fun on the Minecraft server. While there is not a chance in hell that we could reach the epicness of the said server, I believe we have the tools, skills and people required to make CG MC much better then it is now. So here is my suggestion for the first project of CGMCB or CG Minecraft Builders.

1. Completely redo spawn. The town is dead because of griefing, which has split us up in all different directions. With everybodies permission, I would like to remove all the houses from spawn and around to to build what comes at 2

2. Build a freaking awesome walled community as either A) A old school castle wall with a castle in the corner, done to death on MC but what ant broke dont fix or B) A underground area that has the houses in the walls and on cliffs and other things of the sort or C) (insert good idea here)

3. We need everybody to be involved as much as possible. Being built by most of us that play the CG would make it a community project and something fun to do. This community would include a house for everybody and some room for expansion.

4. As mentioned that we need people, I would really like to build it without admins spawning stuff. Really we could do this as everybody would be a required part of the team and with it being our first structure, it would be a springboard to things to come. I know most of the better looking build projects use iron blocks and the such and it would be totally cool to do that later but the first one and a couple of the other ones should only involve us gathering the resources. This is after all what MC is kinda about (kinda)

5. We need a plug in to prevent the griefing. It has gotten bad to the point where spawn is dead because of it. The server that me and Inject went on had a pretty good one that would let things be protected above ground while preserving the underground for everyone. Ill see what it was and find a link to it when the time comes.

TLDR We need YOU (points finger at you wearing a white beard and a stern face) To make CG Minecraft a greater and more fulfilling experience. So read what I said earlier and stop being lazy

Game on Bitches

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »
YOU DOUBLE POSTING SON OF A--

I agree with crow.  I really do need to be more active >.>  But large scale projects would be nice.  And we do need better grief protection.  I'd quote you but it's kind of long.

If people seem to enjoy building things over the survival aspect we should consider a creative server, just a thought.  It would be easier to prevent/deal with griefing and doesn't require much commitment of the players, you can just hop in and build.  I'd play it.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »
Just the only thing about creative is that it loses some fun aspects of minecraft. I agree for later projects we may need admins to spawn blocks but it will be more fun to get everything together and build it. Plus some people do like gathering resources and mining, things that lose meaning in creative.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal