Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is the meaning of life?  (Read 10210 times)

Offline ThatGuy

What is the meaning of life?
« on: December 17, 2011, 02:36:36 AM »
WELL?????
Victims: Blood, Coreybush11.

Offline Jorgen

Re: What is the meaning of life?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »
I would believe the meaning of life is to experience whatever makes you satisfied, maybe pass down your legacy and achieve greatness.
I think the meaning of life is highly subjective, and hardly objective so it is hardly much of a subject to debate, but whatever.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 01:12:53 PM »
>implying life has a meaning
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:21:28 PM by CamperStrike »
Cookies go here?

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »
I don't know the question, but I know the answer is 42.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:02:04 PM »
>implying this is fourchan.

If you don't know what it is. Commit suicide. If it isn't useful to you atall

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
fuck bitches get money

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »
The meaning of life, is to reproduce.

It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:36:40 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 06:40:30 PM »

It's as simple as that.
Again that is a purely subjective thought Pillz, there are actually people who are quite close to asexual. Does this mean they have no meaning?
So it is not as simple as that, but the common miss perception is that reproduction is our only meaning. I would believe a life dedicated to bring the human kind further, science, is also a life of meaning is it not? Even if said life did not reproduce.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »

It's as simple as that.
Again that is a purely subjective thought Pillz, there are actually people who are quite close to asexual. Does this mean they have no meaning?
So it is not as simple as that, but the common miss perception is that reproduction is our only meaning. I would believe a life dedicated to bring the human kind further, science, is also a life of meaning is it not? Even if said life did not reproduce.

The meaning of LIFE, is to reproduce. Science wasn't a "life meaning" until these recent centuries, and while it helps aid life, it also helps destroy it, so perhaps not. Asexual people who can't reproduce for whatever freak reason, like millions of others probably find their on reason.

People create their own meanings of life to comfort themselves and inspire themselves and others to live on. I plan on dedicating my life to medical science and research, though it is not the meaning of my existence.

Are we assuming only humans have a meaning of life? Or the meaning of life for everything? What's the meaning of a bear's life, or a fly? Or an ant or spider? Or a dove? Sure you could tell me Spider are meant to build webs and capture bugs, but that's what humans have defined as their only useful purpose, perhaps that's not the reason for their existence.

There is no MEANING for anything, outside of what us humans say there is. Really there is no answer, but from a biological standpoint, we are created through sex, we live our lives desiring sex, we make sex, then we have babies. We used to die soon after that happened, and now we live 4 times longer, trying to figure out what to do with ourselves in the meantime. There's 7billion of us, each of us don't have a single purpose, it's different for everyone, it's what the individual wants to do. We're going to keep having babies until there's a giant ass concentration of people doing things, perhaps furthering science, discovering the fourth dimension, figuring out all the shit the universe has to offer us tiny little peons.

Then one day all inhabitants of planet earth will be dead and our glorious past and lives will mean nothing. That day could be next year, it could be millions of years away. Either way, we'll keep on reproducing till then.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:06:09 PM by Pillz »

Offline CamperStrike

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 09:32:10 PM »
>implying this is fourchan.

If you don't know what it is. Commit suicide. If it isn't useful to you atall

So if I don't think every life has the same "objective" it means I can't enjoy mine?
Good thing you didn't quote the bible.
Cookies go here?

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »
Eat ALL the food

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 11:17:29 PM »
A debate that theologians, scientists, and philosophers have argued over for ages.

As far as I see it:
It is a unknown. The meaning of anything depends on the endgame. We do not know what will happen in a day with certainty, thus we cannot know. Coming from a programming background when I create (code) a method I have a specific task for it that is its meaning. Who is to say what the purpose for humanity is or if we can reasonably tell if there is one? (Parents do not create you in an absolute sense because they cannot control what you look like and how you act forever. Mainly because they do not know which Egg and Sperm will create you.)

Extra food for thought:
Franz Kafka said "The meaning of life is that it stops."

The Bible States: "He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? But to act justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”

by Kwaurtz

Offline ThatGuy

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 01:15:34 AM »
This thread was actually a trap. There is no meaning of life. All the people who tried to come up with meanings are fruitcakes.
Victims: Blood, Coreybush11.

Offline Bloody Mion

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 01:49:02 AM »
and that's your opinion.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 02:13:16 AM »
This thread was actually a trap. There is no meaning of life. All the people who tried to come up with meanings are fruitcakes.

SO I WON HARDER THAN ANYONE ELSE? :D

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 02:13:16 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal