Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (=CG=) Finniespin Complaint  (Read 5174 times)

Offline Rey

(=CG=) Finniespin Complaint
« on: July 19, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
Name of player reporting abuse:
Rey - STEAM_0:0:5352573

Admin who is suspected of the abuse:
(=CG=) Finniespin

In which server did the abuse occur?:
TTT

What occurred, what did the abuse consist of:
Slay/Mute

What time and day did it happen (put down your time zone too):
2:30 Central Standard (US.)

Additional Comments:
I'm not necessarily mad, only a tad bit frustrated, seeing how hard it is to find a TTT with good admins. So I join onto CG's server because my friends are playing on it. (ttt_losttemple) So a couple rounds after I joined I have been selected to become Detective, but now I head over to the weapons room to grab an SMG to defend myself with. All of a sudden I find myself alone with another terrorist named "Coward", and he has a scout. As I'm exiting the room he fires off 2 shots of his scout-rifle at me (misses) and don't even say anything such as "my bad", so I open fire on him and kill him. I find out that he's an innocent (whoops), so obviously I was left puzzled. So as the round goes on, I get killed off by a traitor.

So everything besides that accident with Coward is going fine, right? Well I explain to Coward the reason I shot him but then this other guy named Religion starts accusing me for RDMing him with the "Golden Gun". Now I had never bought a Golden Gun, nor did I kill a traitor that round but he still keeps accusing me that I RDM'ed him. Like a little kid, he complains to the admin (Finniespin) about how I RDM'ed him, even if the logs never said I shot him. Well the next round starts and I'm minding my own business, but the Religion guy who accused me shoots me with a deagle (not lethal) so I say "Religion is RDMing" but I get no reply from the admin. What happens instead? I get slayed. Now as the round goes on and the admin finally dies, I ask about the slay. He points out that I killed Coward by RDM. I explained to him that it was an accident because he shot his scout TWICE in my direction with no one else around, so it was a natural reaction. But he continued persisting that topic as well as the supposed "Golden Gun" kill on Religion. I told him to check the logs and he did check them but could only find the kill on Coward.

Still, Finniespin and Religion kept bashing me about the "GG" kill and I told Finniespin to do a little more research before randomly slaying people. After that, the next round starts and as I start walking around I get [PERMANENTLY] Muted/Gagged. Obviously I'm upset, as communication is the most important factor in TTT. I wasn't mic-spamming nor was I disrespecting the admin, I was merely telling him, in essence, not to slay people because some brat got killed and wants the admin to do his dirty work for him.

I hope you guys read this thoroughly and deal with it accordingly. I'm not asking for the removal of this Finniespin's admin privileges, just want him to know that you can't abuse the power that's been given to you. Thank you ~Rey

(Sorry I couldn't get the console logs for more proof, but my Garrys' Mod crashed.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:56:34 PM by Inject OH 4 »

Offline Jorgen

Re: (=CG=) Finniespin Complaint
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »
Why are so many admins perma muting? It is only there for repeat offences, not for 1 time things.
Have you seen anywhere in the rules stating that you can permamute every1 that makes you butthurt? Answear no you have not, so stop permamuting for one time offences.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 07:13:58 PM »
Just two side notes:

1. This guy was muted several times before perma. He did not stop trolling.

2. Finnie has to stop gagging/muting the whole server at the end of rounds when trying to solve an rdm. It gets in the way of other admins doing their job.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Sly

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 07:30:28 PM »
I can't account for this matter specifically, but I can in good faith say that I have myself witnessed Religion Revenge RDM before, and cause lots of mayhem. In my opinion he is an aggressive, irrational person and not to be trusted.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »
I don't find the first thing RDM. (Killing someone who shot at you.) I would NOT have slayed for that. Also, the people who kept crying over the GG: I would point out to them that you did/did not shoot them with the GG, and tell them who did instead if you didn't (and possibly slay them) and mute/gag them if necessary. You getting a slay for this.. I find that abuse/admin mistake.

Now, for the perma-mute: I wasn't there, so I can't say if what Towersheep said was correct or not. But, it sounded like you were getting on their nerves by how you typed it. "I wasn't mic-spamming nor was I disrespecting the admin, I was merely telling him, in essence, not to slay people because some brat got killed and wants the admin to do his dirty work for him." < You're telling us how to do our job, even if we did mess up on a slay or two, it doesn't ever give you the right to tell us what to do. I don't, however, believe that this was worth a pmute, even if you were spamming then constantly. I would have simply kicked you if you continued to spam admin chat after being gagged (re-gag on rejoin), or left you muted for a map or two.

For Religion's RDM: Finnie should have taken care of that. Even if he did not kill you, that is revenge RDM if he damages you after he is slayed for RDM'ing you, or you aren't slayed for non-RDM.

I don't think Finnie handled the situation well. I want to wait for his side of the story though before doing anything.

P.S. It really helps your story if you have evidence. The second you see abuse or neglect, you start recording/taking snapshots and copy/pasting the logs. Even though you crashed, it seems that you had plenty of time to do that instead of telling the admins how to do their job.

Offline quarelin

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
I don't find the first thing RDM. (Killing someone who shot at you.) I would NOT have slayed for that. Also, the people who kept crying over the GG: I would point out to them that you did/did not shoot them with the GG, and tell them who did instead if you didn't (and possibly slay them) and mute/gag them if necessary. You getting a slay for this.. I find that abuse/admin mistake.

Now, for the perma-mute: I wasn't there, so I can't say if what Towersheep said was correct or not. But, it sounded like you were getting on their nerves by how you typed it. "I wasn't mic-spamming nor was I disrespecting the admin, I was merely telling him, in essence, not to slay people because some brat got killed and wants the admin to do his dirty work for him." < You're telling us how to do our job, even if we did mess up on a slay or two, it doesn't ever give you the right to tell us what to do. I don't, however, believe that this was worth a pmute, even if you were spamming then constantly. I would have simply kicked you if you continued to spam admin chat after being gagged (re-gag on rejoin), or left you muted for a map or two.

For Religion's RDM: Finnie should have taken care of that. Even if he did not kill you, that is revenge RDM if he damages you after he is slayed for RDM'ing you, or you aren't slayed for non-RDM.

I don't think Finnie handled the situation well. I want to wait for his side of the story though before doing anything.

P.S. It really helps your story if you have evidence. The second you see abuse or neglect, you start recording/taking snapshots and copy/pasting the logs. Even though you crashed, it seems that you had plenty of time to do that instead of telling the admins how to do their job.

They all say that. "Do not tell us how to do our job".
Deal with it, you're doing things wrong (not you in particular). If you can't stand criticism, die. Just because some guys have daddy's server doesnt give them the right to ban anyone on sight and spare your friends.
Period, I'm done here.

Offline Rey

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
Just two side notes:

2. Finnie has to stop gagging/muting the whole server at the end of rounds when trying to solve an rdm. It gets in the way of other admins doing their job.

Actually I was never muted "several times before", this was the first time I ever got muted/gagged on the server so I think you might have confused me with someone else perhaps.

And I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to tell the admin how to do his job. The only reason I said that is because he kept bashing me on the same topic (without ANY proof) even though I had explained to him many times before on how I did not kill this "Religion" guy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:09:19 PM by Rey »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »

If you fucked upp, then yes I can tell you that you fucked upp and this is how you should deal with it.
You can't mute some1 just because they disagree with you...

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
Just two side notes:

Actually I was never muted "several times before", this was the first time I ever got muted/gagged on the server so I think you might have confused me with someone else perhaps.

And I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to tell the admin how to do his job. The only reason I said that is because he kept bashing me on the same topic (without ANY proof) even though I had explained to him many times before on how I did not kill this "Religion" guy.

The server was hectic, it is possible I am wrong (I'm only human and I do mess up). I apologize.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 11:47:17 PM »

Deal with it, you're doing things wrong (not you in particular). If you can't stand criticism, die. Just because some guys have daddy's server doesnt give them the right to ban anyone on sight and spare your friends.
Period, I'm done here.

I agree completely. If you have to mute them to get them to stop talking instead of calmly explaining yourself, there's something wrong. Admins aren't always going to do their jobs right, if they don't know they're making a mistake, they should be let known, if they continue to make mistakes, they or a higher power needs to be let known.

Muting, and ESPECIALLY Pmuting, should be a rare thing, muting for people that are clearly annoying the whole server, I know TTT has that stupid no squeakers rule, but I believe unless more than like 4 or 5 people are complaining about someone, they shouldn't be muted or gagged. It's about the server, not an admins personal preference. If someone's mic is pure static, then duh, mute them, but PMUTE/GAG for something as petty as this? Wat.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Ghast

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 12:13:54 AM »
Period, I'm done here.

Holy shit. This guy speaks the mother fucking truth.
Whenever admins fuck up they use this excuse. It's either that or the "I'm only human" bullshit.

They aren't telling you how to do your job. They're telling you that you can't do your god damn job well, so get your shit in gear.

I also think Finnie didn't handle this well. A permamute/gag? Jesus christ.
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »
Period, I'm done here.

Holy shit. This guy speaks the mother fucking truth.
Whenever admins fuck up they use this excuse. It's either that or the "I'm only human" bullshit.

They aren't telling you how to do your job. They're telling you that you can't do your god damn job well, so get your shit in gear.

I also think Finnie didn't handle this well. A permamute/gag? Jesus christ.

That is exactly why I am typing up an admin manual

going to be extensive in how to handle everything

any deviations from it will be considered admin abuse

(rules protocol and behaviors)

head admins will have a say on their specific servers as much as possible but cg wide im going to write it so it is flexible (deal with trolls etc..)  but doesn't leave loopholes for admins to abuse

anyways that is weird never expected to see a finniespin admin complaint

(if you have any complaints about the admin manual we have a meeting in 2 days talk to me there or send me a pm)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:12:04 AM by WholeGrain »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
I am sorry for everything but there was lot's of traffic in the chat box. Lot's of RDM (complaint's).

7. Anyone found to be excessively annoying to the majority will be muted.
I don't give warnings. Basically, when you give a warning in a full server. You have multiple people to warn. And you can forget who you warned and such.

I am always trying to do my best. But there were only 3-4 admins on, where 2 did their job.

All of a sudden I find myself alone with another terrorist named "Coward", and he has a scout. As I'm exiting the room he fires off 2 shots of his scout-rifle at me (misses) and don't even say anything such as "my bad", so I open fire on him and kill him.

We can make mistakes yes indeed. On a full server it's hard to follow everything. But the damage logs said you   shot him. And it was kinda odd that he didn't fire/hit back. So I slayed you for that. I need to make quick decisions, and move on to the next complaint.

So I can't do everything on my own.
As for your buddy Moé. He was constantly spamming the chat box with coward saying something. That he wanted to kill L4g every round.

We can't do anything about that. Since he can say everything but not actually do it. Meaning he might say it, but will not (revenge) kill you.

I can't do everything in a full 28 slot server correctly I can make mistakes. I'll unmute/gag you, (warning) but if I see you trolling again. I'll just mute/gag you again.

Ask exclusion for what you said. He witnessed it.

Offline quarelin

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
I can't do everything in a full 28 slot server correctly I can make mistakes. I'll unmute/gag you, (warning) but if I see you trolling again. I'll just mute/gag you again.

We can't do anything about that. Since he can say everything but not actually do it. Meaning he might say it, but will not (revenge) kill you.
So I can't do everything on my own.

I don't give warnings. Basically, when you give a warning in a full server. You have multiple people to warn. And you can forget who you warned and such.

I am always trying to do my best. But there were only 3-4 admins on, where 2 did their job.

We can make mistakes yes indeed. On a full server it's hard to follow everything.

Done with the bitching here, I'll state my words to that soon.

Overall, all the things you mentioned here are just the same pile of crap that you can read above. "I'm just human" and "don't tell us how to do our job"

TTT is a cluttered gamemode and you should warn players.
Since the chat is cluttered as well, you may warn players more than once. Maybe slap so they take a look at the chat, or PM them, or freeze them if you wanna talk to them, and do not say things like
"I don't give warnings. Basically, when you give a warning in a full server. You have multiple people to warn. And you can forget who you warned and such."
That's what makes a good admin, and I know that myself.
As you just say, "On a full server it's hard to follow everything", you're not a good admin. You're definitely wrong at this place. If there were four admins of which two did their job, man up and tell them to fuck off if they wont help the server nor you.

"As for your buddy Moé. He was constantly spamming the chat box with coward saying something. That he wanted to kill L4g every round."
He felt mistreated, just tell him to stop and done with the case. Next time tell it to him like you did here, "We can't do anything about that. Since he can say everything but not actually do it."

If I just take a look at the post above, I only see "I can't" and "We can't". you can. It's not like you don't have any other admins who could help you out in such a case of RDM in your Steam-friendslist, no, they were even playing on the server.

TL;DR, Get your shit sorted, forfeit in this case and try to be an admin in two years again.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:32:13 AM by quarelin »

Offline Lt_taco

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »
Just two side notes:

Yes you were.

Their are reasons why Admins are Admins. As well as Veteran Admins are still VETERAN Admins, They have more experience with handling various situations, more than a handful of people who were on the server asked you to stop the non-sense. You kept it up for 2 whole maps. Telling an admin how to due his job is like Telling a Police Officer to "Shove it up his 'Edited'" after he pulled you over for speeding 30 miles over the speed limit. You were caught "Rey" and you are still "swimming" in your jail cell. I for one couldn't careless about your unban. This is a community, all that have responed to the matter is Admins/Trial Admins/Head Admins. The other people (community members) besides myself was quarelin and Pillz. quarelin seems to be bashing admins as well.

P.S. Don't embellish the truth Rey. quarelin, why bash admins? Your posts seemed to be based off of assumptions. Also your first post stated you wouldn't post again, yet you posted again? I would just like to see more facts that's all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 12:08:07 PM by Lt_taco »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal