Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What would it take to make this picture a reality?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: What would it take to make this picture a reality?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
Alright made those modifications LOOKS GREAT!

Fav icon would be better transparent tho But give me a second and I think i can fix it.

EDIT: I darkened the main body a bit and got the fav icon transparent.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:08:28 PM by Inject OH 4 »
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
I love this parrot
Phim Bogason

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
Sweet I think I finally got the right color hex. (0B5196)

Looks like good text color now. Anyways nearly 100% done just need to make minor modifications now.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
Why do you want a transparent favicon so badly? It's both aesthetically better and more practical with a background.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »
Why do you want a transparent favicon so badly? It's both aesthetically better and more practical with a background.
Well I'm using firefox 5 and transparent favicons usually look much better to me. but meh. Anyways the least of my worries tbh. Also the background in firefox behind icons is grey not white so it looks bleh!

Anyways theme looks great thanks for the images and everything I think it's all done right?
But yeah!

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
Not everyone has Firefox 5. A lot of people don't even have Firefox, and the fact that the default background is grey makes it even worse as the grey "G" in the center would blend with it. Having the white background ensures that the icon is distinct and clearly visible no matter what browser or environment it's being viewed in and it also gives it a square shape, making it uniform with most other favicons (Looking at my current list of favicon links, only one out of seventeen don't adhere to a square shape.

I hate to sound like an asshole, but if you're going to use my designs and graphics, I would appreciate it if you would take my advice on how to utilize them to their fullest.

I look forward to seeing the final product of all this, and on behalf of everyone, we appreciate you making the modifications.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
lol same old slyder no offence.

Anyways a box is ulgy in my opinion and we both have opinions and thats all they really are in my opinion anyways I'll compromise and do something in between give me a bit i'll edit on update.

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 04:25:06 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but it's not just a matter of opinion vs opinion. My opinion is supported by practicality (It makes it more functional. It's easier to see. It's visible no matter the background.) while yours is solely an opinion based on what you like.

I thought transparency would be cool too, and that's why my first version was transparent, until I actually saw it in action and realized how inefficient it was, so I added the white background and realized it was significantly better off for it.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
Not to be argumentative, but it's not just a matter of opinion vs opinion. My opinion is supported by practicality (It makes it more functional. It's easier to see. It's visible no matter the background.) while yours is solely an opinion based on what you like.

I thought transparency would be cool too, and that's why my first version was transparent, until I actually saw it in action and realized how inefficient it was, so I added the white background and realized it was significantly better off for it.
It may be inefficient on your end it's not for me and many others.

Regardless I said I'd meet you half way and I did if you look at the new one.

Anyways every one ready for it to be default?

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
This isn't your website, Inject
Administrator Comment FAIL Inject pays for it.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 02:17:00 AM by Inject OH 4 »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal