Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: EA has gone to far.  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Finniespin

EA has gone to far.
« on: June 15, 2011, 11:14:41 AM »
I link to link you though:
http://youtu.be/db7-m0YuNU8?t=5m27s
Mailbox of TotalHalibut 14/06/11

What is your opinion on this. And would you boycott it?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Re: EA has gone to far.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

Offline symbolzzzz

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
 Well TB (Totalbiscuit) does not like a ton of things with almost every new game, honestly i dont blame him for that.
 Anyway the reason for the hate of this is that people get kinda bs pre-order bonuses. You only get certain items that could be very useful like the flash suppressor* (typo here) for snipers ONLY if you pre-order the game from certain stores. You cant get them in game, you cant buy then no other way of getting them other then pre-ordering.
 So he hates that fact that people who pre-order get any kind of in game content over those that dont, and he hates the fact that you only get those bonuses if you pre-order from certain retailers, that means the consumer is getting punished for his choice for retailers.
 This in turn is really really bad for the PC market, since most people get their games online anyway. For example the last i bought a game at a store was almost 2 years ago.
 The other reason he does not like the certain retailers pre-order gives you benefits, is that it is not possible for EA to make a deal like that in every country in the world, that means people in smaller country (like me) have no realistic way of getting these bonuses, I COULD take my boat and sail to Sweden for free and then just buy it there but thats a waste of time just for a goddamn game.
 Overall he is pissed about games giving out extra content to people who pre-order games from certain retailers and BF3 does it so he is not happy about the game.
 He also mentioned joining the BF3 boycott and not getting the game at all since he has other games to play.
The reason why i even bothered typing all this is that i agree with his view but i want the game too much to care about it.

I need a new sig...

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:45:24 PM »
It is not quite clear, but there may be an impact with server hosting on the pc. IF so, there can be servers where players lose connection due to lack of certain items, or maps.  Annoying? Yes.  Lose players - because their game is incompatible with your server?  Yes.

IF this is the case, then it needs fixing.  Fast.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 02:54:06 PM »
Yep I can also confirm that EA will remove recently released games on STEAM.

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/06/15/ea-removes-recently-released-games-from-steam/

Via reddit. Way to go...

Offline Bjork

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »
I thought EA were finally becoming better guess not.
(=CG=) Bjork! : Its an old cat aswell so its gonna look like a war vet
(=CG=) Bjork! : It also has a beard
Maurice Moss   : How old is it?
Maurice Moss   : Wait a BEARD?

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
I thought EA were finally becoming better guess not.
ha.
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Offline John Shephard

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
i've hated EA ever since they destroyed westwood (command and conquor red alert) which was my favorite gaming company ever, they made the best RTS games ever...

and this guy makes valid points, why should we pay extra for games that have been sliced up for more profit, when the original launch game can include a well developed finish product. DLC's are meant to add things in the game that werent previouslly made for it...but noooo

anyway...EA sucks dick

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:28:37 PM »
Actually the pre-oder limited edition is a smart business move.  It promotes people buying early to get their sales up.  and you don't pay extra.  I honestly don't know why you guys are complaining about pre-order bonuses.  They great for people like me who want extra stuff anyways.  If you don't like the DLC business model, then just don't buy it or games that offer DLC and quit yer bitchin'.

In regards to EA taking newly released games off, I'm not sure why, but is seems like an dumb thing to do on their part.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 12:23:14 AM »
DLC's and weapon packs aside, I am not gonna buy the game for the reason they are gonna force you to use their shitty service origins or whatever....

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 04:23:19 AM »
Actually the pre-oder limited edition is a smart business move.  It promotes people buying early to get their sales up.  and you don't pay extra.  I honestly don't know why you guys are complaining about pre-order bonuses.  They great for people like me who want extra stuff anyways.  If you don't like the DLC business model, then just don't buy it or games that offer DLC and quit yer bitchin'.

In regards to EA taking newly released games off, I'm not sure why, but is seems like an dumb thing to do on their part.
Obviously you buy at gamestop ^_^ Anyways they've responded to it. And they still continue. But will be free of charge after a year.

And they've said that more foreign counties will get some shops with exclusive content.

HMm.. Forgot where to find the link agian.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 09:58:32 AM »
DLC's and weapon packs aside, I am not gonna buy the game for the reason they are gonna force you to use their shitty service origins or whatever....
It's a shame really I was looking forward to it, and not being able to play Mass Effect 3 is gonna be a dick to...

yeah that's actually the whole reason why im not getting it also.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
I think you can actually sue the company.

For not having rivalry/competition meaning that can just make the game so high price.

I think it's kinda wierd that like blizzard and there store. In the blizz store something is more expensive than in the "physical" shop. Or on another website.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 12:14:58 AM »

Offline Timmy

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
1. Boycott all FPS games
2. Force EA to fund Hello Kitty Online Expansion Pack
3. ???
4. Profit

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]