Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AK-47 or M16  (Read 13830 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Re: AK-47 or M16
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 06:42:04 AM »

Revolver

good job
between options
A and B
you chose C
and failed the test

Offline A.K Commando

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »
Indeed. Also to anyone trying to debate the accuracy of either weapon I'd like to point out one thing. You never ever see any soldier or Terrorist just spray an entire AK Mag at the enemy, there are a few reasons for this. First off is the amount of time it takes to fire an entire clip at an enemy. Even if you say it takes two-three seconds to do so you have to realize that to do that you expose yourself for a full two-four seconds AT LEAST. Meaning your a sitting duck for anyone that peeps around the corner to single shot you in the face. Same with the the M16, it's not often they go full auto since it's usually a waste of ammo. Unless the guy's out of cover your better of with a single tap or even a short burst when he pops out to look for you.

So In this respect I'd still rather have the M16 for the lesser recoil and greater accuracy at a further range. Perfect in a Zombie Apoc because you can headshot. Also if anyone says they'd rather have an AK cuz they don't like headshots then fuck the AK and go for a shotgun, more likely to drop a zombie in one shot then an AK can unless you go for Headshots.
To those who seek me out, beware. The Darkness is my friend and it shall aid me. Do not be distressed though as only those of evil intent need fear the writhing darkness. Only those of Pure intentions can find me and receive my help.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 06:40:58 PM »
Well zombies don't have armed weapons do they?

Offline A.K Commando

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
Not unless their from Halo
To those who seek me out, beware. The Darkness is my friend and it shall aid me. Do not be distressed though as only those of evil intent need fear the writhing darkness. Only those of Pure intentions can find me and receive my help.

Offline Mickit

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 07:10:17 PM »
If I had to pay money for one I'd go with the 47, you don't have to baby it, you just have to kill stuff with it.

Offline Cheesey Dean

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »
Pretty sure most people in this thread have never fired either of those guns. As someone who has (and owns an Arsenal AK), I can say that they're both great guns and would both be useful in a zombie apocalypse. I'd probably take the AK because it uses a more powerful caliber, and because it's *generally* more durable than the M-16.

To the person who said something about M16 having less recoil, that's not always true. Type of ammo and the specific brand and model of gun all affect recoil. They both have considerable recoil. And to the person who said clips, it's magazines. Please do not talk as if you're an expert on guns if you can't even get basic terms right.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:37:17 PM by Cheesey Dean »

Offline Takeo The Wise Wolf

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
On a completely unrelated side note: a 5.56mm round doesn't have a lot of stopping power if you put it in a zombie's chest, but neither does a 7.62mm round to a zombie's chest. An ideal round and rifle for the Apocolypse would actually be a .22 hunting rifle. There's a good chance the .22 will enter the brain and ricochet in the skull, tearing up the grey matter as it goes. It also has very little recoil in comparison AND it's a much lighter round then a 5.56mm or 7.62mm.
----
But if I had to pick? I'd take the M16A4. Plenty accurate, and if you pace your shots you can drop a zombie for every bullet in your clip, and ammo is plentiful here in the States. The AK would be good for a pray n' spray weapon if the horde was too close to take time for accurate headshots.
Never betray a man who has nothing to lose. You will quickly come to regret it.
Yeah, it would be REALLY nice. Even when I get killed I am slightly aroused. This would help calm my arousal.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 03:37:46 PM »
"Also to anyone trying to debate the accuracy of either weapon I'd like to point out one thing. You never ever see any soldier or Terrorist just spray an entire AK Mag at the enemy..." 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RomKO0fs9AI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RomKO0fs9AI</a>

Video of Libyan Rebels "spraying" with AK-47.

The recoil of an AK-47 is severe compared to a M-16. (In general, I have shot both.)  But it is not severe compared to higher calibers (say a 7.62x54r, or 30.06.) The reason the Soviets and Americans went to smaller calibers after WWII, were to lessen the recoil, and increase the volume of firepower. The AK-47 and the M-14 were the first real step down.  The AK-74 and the M-16 is yet a further drop.  Now there is consideration as to whether or not they dropped too far.  Gone to too small a caliber with too little stopping power.

FYI: Everyone please get the nomenclature correct.  Just because the Media calls it a "clip," does not mean they are correct...
Clip DNE Magazine.  A Clip is used to FEED a Magazine.

Picture of a Clip feeding a Magazine.

As for Zombies, well a 22lr might not be the best idea.  AS it might not penetrate the skull.   And aiming for an eye socket from a distance is, well, very hard in perfect conditions.  The Zombie Outbreak will not be perfect conditions...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:40:08 PM by Cadaver »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »
There's a good chance the .22 will enter the brain and ricochet in the skull, tearing up the grey matter as it goes.

I read the same thing in that one zombie survival guide by Max Brookes lol

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 12:07:18 AM »
Neither.
ROCKET LAUNCHER FTW!

Offline monkeymac32

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 12:53:30 AM »
ak47.

easy to use, requires little to no maintenance.

Offline Takeo The Wise Wolf

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 02:16:17 AM »
ak47.

Except for when you run out of ammo because it isn't half as plentiful as 5.62mm...
Never betray a man who has nothing to lose. You will quickly come to regret it.
Yeah, it would be REALLY nice. Even when I get killed I am slightly aroused. This would help calm my arousal.

Offline XenoglossoPhobia

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
I just like m16's better pretty much for looks, in reality idk whats better, but m4/m16s will always be my favorate
   ;D

Offline Boxman

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2011, 11:40:47 AM »
Except for when you run out of ammo because it isn't half as plentiful as 5.62mm...
Except the fact that they're sold in every ammunition/gun shop.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline monkeymac32

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »
ak47.

i think you mean 5.56. also, homie please Russia be making them 7.62's all day erry day.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal