Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ipad or Tablet  (Read 5884 times)

Offline termantor200

Ipad or Tablet
« on: May 27, 2011, 05:03:31 PM »
So my family might be considering to buy the ipad or the android tablet. I personally rather get the tablet because its more similar to the pc. Also because Apple releases a new product about every 6 months, The Ipad version 1 or 2. could just become somewhat outdated. Please give thoughts and opinions on which do you think is more worth the buy.

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

Re: Ipad or Tablet
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
iPhone.
 trollface

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »

Offline termantor200

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 05:20:05 PM »
oh haha xD
that reminded another reason against ipad. its like an iphone just larger

Offline Robby the [Bitter]

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 05:32:57 PM »
iPhones are nice too. The 4G just came out. My teacher told me he buys a little present for himself at the end of every school year, this one is the iPhone, says its awesome. He has AT&T so his youtube vids, his downloads all that good shit is really fast.

If anyone has one post your feedback on it, help termantor out.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 05:48:42 PM »
Apple = overpriced.

Only douchebags buys Apple products because they're expensive they look "cool".

Herpderp Inb4 "You're poor"

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 07:01:59 PM »
I have an iPod Touch :|
I would choose the tablet, but in all honesty neither lol. A laptop would make a lot more since than both of those but meh.
iPad is just bigger iPod with slightly more features. You'd probably get the most out of the tablet.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 07:07:21 PM »
Look at the ASuS editon - can be used as a tablet and a netbook.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »
new ipads are adorable

Adorable is something, honestly, I do not look for in a computer... But, some do look for "cuteness factor."

http://usa.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101/    Take a look at that...

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:50 PM »
Also because Apple releases a new product about every 6 months, The Ipad version 1 or 2. could just become somewhat outdated.

Moot fucking point, all technology becomes outdated eventually, given a few months to a year.

new ipads are adorable

I really don't like this whole new referral thing.

Apple = overpriced.

Only douchebags buys Apple products because they're expensive they look "cool".

Herpderp Inb4 "You're poor"

Calling someone a douchebag because they bought something = you're a douche. Considering big ass desktops are 600-1200 on average I'd say, for operable decency, a little tablet that can do all the same shit, and then some, should be about 400-600 dollars. If it was all about looking cool we could paint a fucking piece of cardboard for them.

Here.

Summary:

1. The iPad is a single product while Android tablet is a common name for a variety of products

2. The iPad runs on the iOS while Android tablet runs on Android

3. The iPad lacks flash while Android tablets have it

4. The iPad does not have true multi-tasking while Android tablets do

5. The iPad has more apps than Android tablets

++ Android is a random comparison choice, there are a bunch of other "pads" that are knockoff's of the Ipad. Like the Samsung Galaxy, etc.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »
Tablets for me are pretty pointless. My phone can do everything a a tablet can do. But if I had to pick a tablet eh.... Probably the IPad, cause I've had issues with Android firmwares in the past and Apple tech to be honest hasn't really effed up for me to much ever.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 02:05:10 PM »
Yeah like Pillz said about everything getting outdated eventually,

you shouldn't be buying a product because it's the newest of it's kind, you should be buying one because it has the functionality you desire.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 05:01:13 PM »
Yeah like Pillz said about everything getting outdated eventually,

you shouldn't be buying a product because it's the newest of it's kind, you should be buying one because it has the functionality you desire.

+1

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 05:19:56 PM »
+1

Offline Holy

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 06:04:58 PM »
Here is a better alternative, since both suck and can be easily out preformed by a laptop tell your family to give you the money it would cost to buy the more expensive one and do what you want with it.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
Here is a better alternative, since both suck and can be easily out preformed by a laptop tell your family to give you the money it would cost to buy the more expensive one and do what you want with it.

IMO it's a bad idea to get it for a family anyway. Maybe for an older brother, or dad. But for a whole family? Sure it's family friendly, but with an apple product, hahahahahaahahah, yeah. How does their warranty system work again?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal