Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ADHD  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Pillz

ADHD
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:51:26 AM »
I probably made a thread already somewhere about this, but it's been a while.

Here are points I'd like to discuss.

1) The possibility medication for ADHD, Adderall, Ritalin, Stratera, etc, makes you more intelligent, after taking it for years and years. Not just the medication, the effect it has on your brain, allowing you to think more, and for longer, without feeling the urge to do anything else. The only reason I believe this, is most people I knew who were diagnosed with ADHD and took meds, had higher IQ's and shit than average.. like me and a few of my friends. Not sure though.

2) Does the medication, cause you to continue having ADHD? You stop taking it, you'll be really hyper. Insulin withdrawals and shit cause you to become retarded hungry and you become crazy insane hyper. That's how I got the name pillz. When I was on my medication, I was boring, when I was off them, I was crazy. Crazy me was Pillz and normal me was just Jacob. Backwards, but yeah.

3) Does being on ADHD Meds change you completely? I really don't even know this one, who the hell knows how I would of been without it..

4) Would you medicate your children in the future? If they were insanely crazy and you had the opportunity to?

I have a one take video on youtube about my experiences on it, I'll post it later thoughh~
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: ADHD
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:23:45 AM »
I haven't heard or thought about any of thoes. Are any true for sure?

I have ADD and I have Ritalin. Never used it tho.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:23:45 AM »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:33:44 AM »

I would highly doubt that ADD/ADHD medication can actually cause ones intelligence to rise. Awareness isn't key in intelligence.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:14 AM »

I would highly doubt that ADD/ADHD medication can actually cause ones intelligence to rise. Awareness isn't key in intelligence.
perhaps but it improves concentration and lessens the symptoms of ADD/ADHD that would possibly cause an School Like Disadvantage.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Boxman

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:21:10 AM »
perhaps but it improves concentration and lessens the symptoms of ADD/ADHD that would possibly cause an School Like Disadvantage.
I suppose.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Zukuto

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »
I had ADHD when I was young, now it's just ADD, since all that activity went from being physical, to mental.

My main issue with it is I can't 'turn off,' I'm always thinking about something, and I can't concentrate on something very well unless I am physically moving a part of my body, or doing more than one thing. Basically, I HAVE to multi-task to concentrate.

If you know somebody with ADD/ADHD, you'll realize that when they ARE able to concentrate, they work extremely fast and without breaks. When I go to do something I enjoy doing, and can concentrate on, I get it done quickly.

As far as medication goes, my parents used to make me take it as a child, but around the age of 8, I started refusing. I haven't had any since, and I think it's for the best, because I've learned I can put my mind to things when I figure out how to slow my brain down enough to actually focus on to one specific thing.

I know to somebody who doesn't have ADD/ADHD, having an extremely active brain, and literally having to multi-task to concentrate sounds awesome and efficient. Which it is, but only if you CAN multi-task, or distract you're head enough to concentrate on one thing. Unfortunately, most of us can't do that and can't keep up with our selves, or we get bored.

Another thing I've noticed is I have an extreme lack of sleep, because I can't turn off, I'm always thinking, I HAVE to watch TV so i'm distracted enough to turn off and go to sleep, I can't sleep in complete silence or darkness. I have to focus on any sound a light to slow my head down to the point I can go to sleep.

Anyways, this is just my experience with ADD/ADHD, I'm not speaking for everybody.

:D

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »
I had ADHD when I was young, now it's just ADD, since all that activity went from being physical, to mental.
-
EDITED GAP OF SPACESAVINGNESS.
-
Anyways, this is just my experience with ADD/ADHD, I'm not speaking for everybody.
:D

Sounds pretty familiar to my experiences. I'm going to post my video now instead of typing up my life story. Note, I have long hair.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkSq4x7FnaU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkSq4x7FnaU</a>

Offline Boxman

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »
... I was the same as you were, but I quite literally grew out of my 'ADHD'..

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10:01 PM »
So pillz... to be fair and to sum thing's up. You recommend if to take the meds?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »
... I was the same as you were, but I quite literally grew out of my 'ADHD'..

I stopped taking the meds in 10th grade, and after two weeks or so of insanity, I was fine, and to this day I am perfectly normal. I'm still kind of crazy and weird as I always was, but not hyperactive. Or un-attentive, I'm rather attentive actually.

So pillz... to be fair and to sum thing's up. You recommend if to take the meds?

I'm not sure. I KNOW I wouldn't be who I am today with out them. Though, they affect everyone differently, and I really didn't have a problem with being on it. It didn't really HURT me. It could throw me off balance if I didn't take it regularly, like taking it after not taking it for a few days, the first hour, I would be all weird and emotional, really dumb things could make me cry, etc. Idk. I just figured I was better without it, now I'm fine and feel normal. Kind of. There really isn't such a thing as normal, but yeah.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »
So the pills made you emotional or you were already?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 11:37:37 PM »

No, I'm one of those guys who rarely ever cries, just gets pissed, etc. And like stupid shit, for example: I was watching the intro to Super Smash Bros  Brawl, and the part with Link came on, I nostalgia'd about his games, and it made me cry a few tears, like happy tears. I was like wtf.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »

No, I'm one of those guys who rarely ever cries, just gets pissed, etc. And like stupid shit, for example: I was watching the intro to Super Smash Bros  Brawl, and the part with Link came on, I nostalgia'd about his games, and it made me cry a few tears, like happy tears. I was like wtf.
O.O I really don't think I want to try the meds now.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

O.O I really don't think I want to try the meds now.

It was because I took it inconsistently though, like I went three days without it, took it and it did that shit. Days I took it I never ate and I was reserved, and I could think on hours for end, etc. blablah. It wasn't a bad experience, nothing I wouldn't do over, but idk.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal