Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Views on Marijuana  (Read 28081 times)

Offline Jorgen

Re: Your Views on Marijuana
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2011, 02:09:04 PM »
I'd like to side-step my way into this argument and express my opinions on it.

First, to whoever was talking about it killing brain cells, it doesn't. This has been disprooven 100%. In recent studies, marijuana has shown to possibly stimulate brain cell growth.

On the addiction thing, marijuana is less addictive than coffee. Marijuana is classified as non-addictive, which basically means that a user will not experience withdraws. It is not physically addictive. It is, however, psychologically addictive. The thing is, every substance in psychologically addictive. Psychological addiction is basically just a strong craving for something. You are probably psychologically addicted to many things at this very moment. Does that mean these things should be illegal?

About cancer, marijuana has not been proven, ever, to cause cancer. At all. There has not been a single case of somebody getting cancer due to marijuana use alone.

This is widely known, but it's worth stating anyway: Nobody, in the vast history of marijuana use, has ever died it. It is physically impossible to overdose on marijuana.

Now: to the benefits. Marijuana has shown to treat a WIDE range of illnesses, from a common migraine to Parkinson's. The potential money from marijuana regulation is ridiculous. What's arguably better, is that the DEA's budget would focus more on drugs that actually harm people, such as crack and heroin. 90% of the DEA's budget is currently focused on marijuana only.

Murders and rapists are being let out of jail to make room for people who were put in jail for possessing a plant. YOUR tax dollars are going towards punishing people who possessed a plant. Billions of dollars.

Marijuana can be abused. Somebody can have the "SMOKE WEEED ERRYDAY' mindset, and they can mess their lives up. This isn't marijuana's fault though. These people were going to ruin their lives anyway. You don't see the 40 year old father of two who occasionally smokes pot ruining his life because of it. It's always the lazy guys who would have never made anything of themselves anyway.

So yes, marijuana can be abused. But so can cheeseburgers. I can take a fork and jam it in my eye, but does that mean we should make forks illegal? We should make it illegal because some dumbasses don't know how it use it properly? No.

I guess that wraps things up for now. I'll gladly talk more about it if you guys want me to, though.
Actually I am pretty sure no1 has said it kils brain cells,
One person did, but I can't remember who they are. They said something about not wanting to try marijuana because they don't like the idea of dead brain cells.

what has been said however is that it does lower the production of endorphins in the pituitary gland (We have a completely different name for it so if my spelling is bad just don't think about it). Whiiich means if you become a lazy bum who smokes every day 24/7 for a year you'll have a hard time stopping because the usage of marijuana is your main release of endorphines by now, which also means this can be met with two responses anger and depression. I am pretty sure that one was never proven wrong, since I am pretty sure i've seen a chemical reason for this.
The pituitary gland controls sex and reproductive functions. It has no control over the endorphins passing through your brain, IIRC. Maybe you just named it wrong.

Like I said, marijuana is scientifically classified as non-addictive. This means that a user will not exdpierence withdraws. When you say that marijuana as the main release of endorphins causes either anger or depression, where are getting this information? Because this is withdraws. That's what being physically addicted to something does, but marijuana is not physically addictive.

Let's say you're right though. Let's say that if you smoke marijuana too often, it can give you wild mood swings. I still don't think ti should be illegal. Like I said before, you CAN abuse it, but you can abuse anything. These people who fuck their lives up because of marijuana, they were going to fuck their lives up anyway. It's just part of the marijuana culture. 

To the post above me, if you're trying to make a joke about how long my post is, then get the hell off the debate section. You don't belong here.
Actually the B(beta)endorphine that goes on to the spinal cord is released from the pituitary gland. Might be a flaw in that but I don't know since I am debating in another language =)

What I meant by it causing depression or anger is due to the fact that you have a lower amount of endorphines surfing trough your body which may cause 1 of two anger or depression, the fact is that your main endorphin rush comes from smoking weed when you are that far gone. By that I mean that your body is so used to smoking weed and getting it's endorphines that way that it is literally the main way your body knows how to get endorphines released. When you have less endorphines small things like lets say a break upp can be as catastrophical as your girl dying in a car crash, which can lead to a depression due to how litle is needed to break you down. It may also do anoter thing which is you get anoyed about how few good thoughts you can muster upp about yourself so you literally go crazy just thinking about how you can't say anything good bout yourself and get very very angry.

I am not against legalisation I am just stating that it is not completely without side effects, and people should know what they are getting into.

Offline slimd1995

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »

First, to whoever was talking about it killing brain cells, it doesn't. This has been disprooven 100%. In recent studies, marijuana has shown to possibly stimulate brain cell growth.

On the addiction thing, marijuana is less addictive than coffee. Marijuana is classified as non-addictive, which basically means that a user will not experience withdraws. It is not physically addictive. It is, however, psychologically addictive. The thing is, every substance in psychologically addictive. Psychological addiction is basically just a strong craving for something. You are probably psychologically addicted to many things at this very moment. Does that mean these things should be illegal?

About cancer, marijuana has not been proven, ever, to cause cancer. At all. There has not been a single case of somebody getting cancer due to marijuana use alone.

This is widely known, but it's worth stating anyway: Nobody, in the vast history of marijuana use, has ever died it. It is physically impossible to overdose on marijuana.

Now: to the benefits. Marijuana has shown to treat a WIDE range of illnesses, from a common migraine to Parkinson's. The potential money from marijuana regulation is ridiculous. What's arguably better, is that the DEA's budget would focus more on drugs that actually harm people, such as crack and heroin. 90% of the DEA's budget is currently focused on marijuana only.

Murders and rapists are being let out of jail to make room for people who were put in jail for possessing a plant. YOUR tax dollars are going towards punishing people who possessed a plant. Billions of dollars.

Marijuana can be abused. Somebody can have the "SMOKE WEEED ERRYDAY' mindset, and they can mess their lives up. This isn't marijuana's fault though. These people were going to ruin their lives anyway. You don't see the 40 year old father of two who occasionally smokes pot ruining his life because of it. It's always the lazy guys who would have never made anything of themselves anyway.

So yes, marijuana can be abused. But so can cheeseburgers. I can take a fork and jam it in my eye, but does that mean we should make forks illegal? We should make it illegal because some dumbasses don't know how it use it properly? No.

I guess that wraps things up for now. I'll gladly talk more about it if you guys want me to, though.
One person did, but I can't remember who they are. They said something about not wanting to try marijuana because they don't like the idea of dead brain cells.

what has been said however is that it does lower the production of endorphins in the pituitary gland (We have a completely different name for it so if my spelling is bad just don't think about it). Whiiich means if you become a lazy bum who smokes every day 24/7 for a year you'll have a hard time stopping because the usage of marijuana is your main release of endorphines by now, which also means this can be met with two responses anger and depression. I am pretty sure that one was never proven wrong, since I am pretty sure i've seen a chemical reason for this.
The pituitary gland controls sex and reproductive functions. It has no control over the endorphins passing through your brain, IIRC. Maybe you just named it wrong.

Like I said, marijuana is scientifically classified as non-addictive. This means that a user will not exdpierence withdraws. When you say that marijuana as the main release of endorphins causes either anger or depression, where are getting this information? Because this is withdraws. That's what being physically addicted to something does, but marijuana is not physically addictive.

Let's say you're right though. Let's say that if you smoke marijuana too often, it can give you wild mood swings. I still don't think ti should be illegal. Like I said before, you CAN abuse it, but you can abuse anything. These people who fuck their lives up because of marijuana, they were going to fuck their lives up anyway. It's just part of the marijuana culture. 

To the post above me, if you're trying to make a joke about how long my post is, then get the hell off the debate section. You don't belong here.
Actually the B(beta)endorphine that goes on to the spinal cord is released from the pituitary gland. Might be a flaw in that but I don't know since I am debating in another language =)

What I meant by it causing depression or anger is due to the fact that you have a lower amount of endorphines surfing trough your body which may cause 1 of two anger or depression, the fact is that your main endorphin rush comes from smoking weed when you are that far gone. By that I mean that your body is so used to smoking weed and getting it's endorphines that way that it is literally the main way your body knows how to get endorphines released. When you have less endorphines small things like lets say a break upp can be as catastrophical as your girl dying in a car crash, which can lead to a depression due to how litle is needed to break you down. It may also do anoter thing which is you get anoyed about how few good thoughts you can muster upp about yourself so you literally go crazy just thinking about how you can't say anything good bout yourself and get very very angry.

I am not against legalisation I am just stating that it is not completely without side effects, and people should know what they are getting into.

I guess that makes sense. My only problem is that there really isn't any science to back it up.

I completely agree that there are side effects that people should know about. For instance, inhaling smoke is never good, no matter what kind of smoke it is. Marijuana can also slowly damage the cilia, and with abuse can leave it so damaged that you get sick much easier and much more often.

I hate seeing ignorant people go around talking about how it's completely safe, because it simply isn't. But as long as you know how to control yourself, it isn't a problem.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2011, 02:27:56 PM »

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2011, 02:56:51 PM »
Well, there is evidence of people having those side effects. Or should I say, I've witnessed it basically.

Offline san445

« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »
marijuana actually relaxes the heart and gives it candy from the back of an ice cream van.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »

I guess that makes sense. My only problem is that there really isn't any science to back it up.

I completely agree that there are side effects that people should know about. For instance, inhaling smoke is never good, no matter what kind of smoke it is. Marijuana can also slowly damage the cilia, and with abuse can leave it so damaged that you get sick much easier and much more often.

I hate seeing ignorant people go around talking about how it's completely safe, because it simply isn't. But as long as you know how to control yourself, it isn't a problem.
There actually is science backing it upp we actually delved quite deeply inside of it in chemistry there was something about the chemical ingrediants and to much stimulation over time breaking down the gland and so forth.
Again sorry for my bad grammar =P Also it pretty much does not need scientific backups either due to the effects being so obvious, I have seen it first hand many times both the depression and the anger side. Hell i've even felt a very limited amount of it, so it just annoys me to see people being all like OOOO IT IS ALL FINE IT IS GOOD FOR YOU IT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER....

Offline Pillz

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »

There actually is science backing it upp we actually delved quite deeply inside of it in chemistry there was something about the chemical ingrediants and to much stimulation over time breaking down the gland and so forth.
Again sorry for my bad grammar =P Also it pretty much does not need scientific backups either due to the effects being so obvious, I have seen it first hand many times both the depression and the anger side. Hell i've even felt a very limited amount of it, so it just annoys me to see people being all like OOOO IT IS ALL FINE IT IS GOOD FOR YOU IT WILL MAKE YOU BETTER....

Well.. Jorgen.. it is fine and good for the spirit and it will make you better...

Not having it after a year of smoking will make you sad though.. xD
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Holy

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »
When the government steps in to tell you how to live your life, it's called communism. Screw communism, promote free will, legalize the drug.

Offline san445

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2011, 05:18:23 AM »
slightly agree with the free will

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »
Sort of the same as saying OH HEY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO KILL SOME SINCE I HAVE FREE WILL HURR, some laws are required. YEAH YEAH some laws are stupid and uneeded but the free will comment is just so hurr durr and common...

If you wish to legalise marijuana due to those reasons then you sort of have to allow every other drug to, whiiiich I really doubt you want to happen...
Also Weed is sort off a we hold back on removing the law because well if pot heads get their will then other drugies will start whining that their drug of choice is not legal.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2011, 09:17:23 AM »
It smells a little bit like skunk, but that might have to do with that skunk I ran into earlier.
No, it really does kind of smell like a skunk, but marijuana has it's own unique smell...
My friend had parents who smoked weed constantly.. I mean, I don't really care though ^^"

Sort of the same as saying OH HEY I SHOULD BE ABLE TO KILL SOME SINCE I HAVE FREE WILL HURR, some laws are required. YEAH YEAH some laws are stupid and uneeded but the free will comment is just so hurr durr and common...

If you wish to legalise marijuana due to those reasons then you sort of have to allow every other drug to, whiiiich I really doubt you want to happen...
Also Weed is sort off a we hold back on removing the law because well if pot heads get their will then other drugies will start whining that their drug of choice is not legal.
You know, Marijuana has been proven to cause less damage to the lungs than ciggs, along with never causing lung cancer... It's much like alcohol and in all honesty, hasn't ever killed anyone. Now, I don't SUPPORT drugs, but I honestly wouldn't CARE if it was legalized.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:13 AM »
It smells a little bit like skunk, but that might have to do with that skunk I ran into earlier.
No, it really does kind of smell like a skunk, but marijuana has it's own unique smell...
My friend had parents who smoked weed constantly.. I mean, I don't really care though ^^"

You know, Marijuana has been proven to cause less damage to the lungs than ciggs, along with never causing lung cancer... It's much like alcohol and in all honesty, hasn't ever killed anyone. Now, I don't SUPPORT drugs, but I honestly wouldn't CARE if it was legalized.
I don't know how many times i've said I would wish to see it legalised but I am more on the carefull side and don't just blurt out IT SHOULD BE LEGAL I see both sides.. Pure weed/the active ingrediant THC has not killed any1 persay  but I could argue depression has and if you stop smoking after having smoked for very long you can get a depression that may lead to suicide herp derp XD
You need to always see more than one side

Offline Boxman

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2011, 09:35:16 AM »
I don't know how many times i've said I would wish to see it legalised but I am more on the carefull side and don't just blurt out IT SHOULD BE LEGAL I see both sides.. Pure weed/the active ingrediant THC has not killed any1 persay  but I could argue depression has and if you stop smoking after having smoked for very long you can get a depression that may lead to suicide herp derp XD
Lol ehhh I don't know. I think it's more of a side effect which could possibly cause death :P

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Shisa

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2011, 07:25:38 AM »
Lol ehhh I don't know. I think it's more of a side effect which could possibly cause death :P
Same situation can be related to alcohol... Which is legal.

Offline Shisa

« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2011, 07:36:53 AM »
I think MJ should be legalized. It's be far to long since it hasn't. It doesn't have nearly as many detrimental affects as tobacco or alcohol may have.

As for all the projected values of taxation, crime, and things like that, it's kind of hard to predict.

As far as taxation you can find a projected growth of about 14 million dollars, which is the total of all the taxes. I read that some where, or it was in a class presentation. Either way it's kind of hard to project something like that, even if it is a broad number like 14 million.

It will automatically reduce crime because if you can get your even stronger medical weed, then Mexico will have to deal with competition. We may even see some battle here in the boarder states if MJ ever does become legal. Hell, we see battles here anyway. Either cartels will move into America and try to take down the business like that, if they're dumb enough to do that, or they'll try to move onto something different and slowly die out. You'll also have the lowered crime rate among young adults simply because of the possession issue. However, the restrictions that may be implemented might reflect alcohol (which I hope it does). At that point you'll have an average crime rate between alcohol and marijuana. In fact it might even be lower because it's a non-aggressive drug. I think the only time you would ever see a battle in crime rates between alcohol and marijuana is when you looked at DUI records. In any case it would definitely help our economy.

Anyway, arguing morally about it is kind of irrelevant because you already have people who get drunk off their mind, who cause accidents, who become blinded by fury, etc. School kids who are taking speed in order to study and take their test. Fresh-out-of-high-school students smoking tobacco and shortening their life span by about fourteen years because they feel cool.

As for the health effects, you will find lungs developing some sort of cancer. The problem for the most part of cigarettes is that fact that you're inhaling super heated air, and coating the particles of the cigarette with your lungs, and it literally burns into your lungs. The same happens with marijuana, which is why I refuse to smoke it.

Offline san445

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »
I think MJ should be legalized.

micheal jackson is illegal

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal