Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The new CG rank's  (Read 4465 times)

Offline Kwaurtz

The new CG rank's
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:05:14 PM »
After having been charged with the task of making new fourm rank avatar's for the staff, I've come up with these:

Trial
Regular
Veteran
Head admin
Coders
CG production team(Graphics, machimina, etc...)
Community Leaders

Soon we will be attempting to transition into sleeker designs, and original design idea goes to Slyder, it was modified with his permission.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
Re: The new CG rank's
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »
Look pretty nice, although for the production team maybe something more colorful

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »
Look pretty nice, although for the production team maybe something more colorful

I was going over various colors and I decided that grey was the best option so that it wouldn't be confused with any of the other ranks.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:12:29 PM »
True, true. How about brown though? Grey just seems to default.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:30:48 PM »
Also might want to make them a tad smaller. They look too big sitting next to peoples names.

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:40:40 PM »
Also might want to make them a tad smaller. They look too big sitting next to peoples names.
Agreed, and if you can.
Added the title like "trail admin" to it. (just an opinion).

Offline vinnylord

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
+1 t finnie's opninion i think that would be more easy to see what's what
*blanc* WOOT WOOT

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
Not adding the text, I will talk to Wholegrain about shrinking it though. The text is uneccesary. The colors are the same as the ranks were, its not difficult to tell what is what.

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 05:50:56 PM »
true also the text was kinda horrible. the new avatars are fantastic though  ;D
Phim Bogason

Offline /?andom

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 03:46:46 AM »
I just saw this today, and I felt like pitching in my two cents.

The actual file is really high res, so if one of the "Graphic Designers" wants to contact me I can forward the file.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 03:56:09 AM »
I just saw this today, and I felt like pitching in my two cents.

The actual file is really high res, so if one of the "Graphic Designers" wants to contact me I can forward the file.
LOVE IT. Are current is to small and I'm going to be honest I dont like the new ranking look. I was mis informed on its usage.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:18 AM »
The only problem is that we will also have to switch over the splash screen of the TTT etc to match it. Thats why we are using the current avatars is because its the text that we initially started with when we decided to remodel the site. I also thought were switching away from dark appearing items.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:34:35 AM by Kwaurtz »

Offline /?andom

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 05:48:27 PM »
Changing around some text shouldnt be that big of a deal if you have the initial files...? Either way, if needed I can recreate anything for the site because 9 times out of 10 I'm bored and not doing anything super productive.

And the logo I posted would be used as your "avatar ranks ." I would like to talk to the community leader about the actual logo that could be placed on merchandise (which I believe is the next step in expansion) as that avatar rank can be edited to whatever they see fits. Or, if they don't like it I can hit the board again.

I would also like to talk to a community head person about utilizing my design skills in creating a more appealing graphical image for the community. If someone could message be on here or on steam that'd be fancy. Currently getting my car fixed so I'm not by my computer so if you message me on steam I wont get it :)

Offline Sir Willis

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 05:57:50 PM »
theres a little mark in the bottom right of the grey icon (sorry, perfectionist) :P

also, i would love to be on the graphics design team
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:00:22 PM by sirwillis »
if i sang 'friday' it would start out "7am go to bed in the morning, gotta be fresh gotta get some sleep"

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »
Changing around some text shouldnt be that big of a deal if you have the initial files...? Either way, if needed I can recreate anything for the site because 9 times out of 10 I'm bored and not doing anything super productive.

And the logo I posted would be used as your "avatar ranks ." I would like to talk to the community leader about the actual logo that could be placed on merchandise (which I believe is the next step in expansion) as that avatar rank can be edited to whatever they see fits. Or, if they don't like it I can hit the board again.

I would also like to talk to a community head person about utilizing my design skills in creating a more appealing graphical image for the community. If someone could message be on here or on steam that'd be fancy. Currently getting my car fixed so I'm not by my computer so if you message me on steam I wont get it :)

The problem is that the original creator of the images isn't as active and doesn't remember the original text.

Also, we just implemented these, after having using the really horrid ones for long.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 07:23:19 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal