Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trouble joining the DarkRP Server  (Read 8785 times)

Offline SFlpm

Trouble joining the DarkRP Server
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:23:37 AM »
Help Request Subject:

Trouble joining the DarkRP Server

Specific people needed to read this:

N/A

Summarize help request in one sentence:

Garry's Mod crashes while downloading files from the DarkRP Server.

Additional Info:

I've been playing the DarkRP server for a little over a week now without any problems until yesterday.  Before you suggest it, I have already: Reinstalled Garry's Mod, Defragmented my game files, and removed all add-ons.

Importance level(low,medium,high):

Medium

Steam related?:

Yes, I suppose.

Offline LeninCat

Re: Trouble joining the DarkRP Server
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:38:04 AM »
I resolved it mainly by updating wire svn and then downloading durgzmod 2.2. If you have to download more than 5 files on join, you have the same problem that I had.

I also deleted all of my .dua files in garrysmod/garrysmod/cache/dua/<allfilesinhere.dua> (which I believe reverses your serverside downloads all together, not sure) and rejoined, but you should get all of the durgzmod and wiremod stuff through svn or garrysmod.org.

Most recent revision of durgzmod: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=89712
"I'm admin of my own asshole, no one may enter but me" -Wholegrain on vent 12:49:12 AM March 12th 2011

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:38:04 AM »

Offline SFlpm

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 03:56:30 AM »
Thanks so much for replying. I updated my wire svn, downloaded durgzmod, and deleted all of the .dua files.  Now whenever I attempt to join the server I only have to download 4 files (which is awesome). But for whatever reason, it stills freezes and crashes when I'm downloading the last file (mic.phy, if that matters). Any ideas?

Offline LeninCat

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 04:04:37 AM »
Click on mic.phy on this page: http://conjointgaming.com/fastdl/DarkRP/models/

Click save as and extract it to garrysmod/garrysmod/models and drop it in there. It should be alongside mic.vvd and mic.mdl.
"I'm admin of my own asshole, no one may enter but me" -Wholegrain on vent 12:49:12 AM March 12th 2011

Offline SFlpm

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:19:37 AM »
Thanks again, and sorry to continue to be a pain. Now there are no files for me to download when I join the server, but it continues to freeze and crash right before it gets to sending client info.

Offline LeninCat

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 04:38:40 AM »
Last option is to give a shot at right clicking on garrysmod in steam. Properties>Local Files>Defragment cache files. It could improve your game's performance, otherwise I really don't know what the hell else it could be. Uninstallation would be the next step that I did, which didn't work, so I would advise against it. I'll try to get sadow to get input on this, but I don't know what else there is to try.

Offline SFlpm

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 04:41:37 AM »
Well thanks again for all the help. Hopefully I'll find something.

Offline sadow200

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 08:28:32 PM »
honestly i get the same thing happens to me i try and join and i crash at sending client info and idk how to fix it lol srry

Offline SFlpm

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »
haha. Its all good. I'll let you know if a find a fix, too.

EDIT:
I was randomly able to join today.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 10:37:26 PM by SFlpm »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 11:11:33 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal