Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Being Nice  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Hollow

Re: Being Nice
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 11:01:34 AM »
Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
Happiness is just a better emotion. That's why I enjoy making people laugh, making people happy, and yeah. I just avoid negative situations, like arguments with friends and shit.  Sure I provoke a lot of anger on the internet, but I don't feel the negativity like I would if I told someone they were a stupid****gotidiotretard to their face. I hate that feeling in a room when someone is pissed off, because everyone notices, and everyone gets a little quieter, or upset themselves. Especially when the upset person is talking shit or complaining. Though I'm not always happy myself, I'd rather the people around me be happy, as a result of me, then upset, as a result of me.

As a pothead, if I were an asshole, I probably would of smoked 90% less weed than I have over the past year. The key, is just not to let anything anyone says get to you. Sure some things will, but you can't let it provoke you into the illogical state of anger. People just like you more in general that way, and as you live it, you become it.

It's not an ethical thing for me. I could care less about ethics and morals and shit. I just like it when people are happy and laughing. It makes me happy. It lets me stay happy. When everyone's pissed off and upset, I don't want to be there anymore. That's just how it works. So why not make it my goal to keep everyone happy.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 06:55:32 AM »

But if they're pricks to you, be a prick back.
Phim Bogason

Offline Pillz

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »

But if they're pricks to you, be a prick back.

If they're a prick to you, laugh at them, and be nice to them anyway.

Offline crypto

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 03:25:22 AM »
WHY?

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 07:55:58 AM »
WHY?

its exactly something a school teacher would say...
Phim Bogason

Offline Ghast

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:11 AM »
Actually, I think discord deters progress.

If all decisions made by a group were harmonious and censual, they could advance without fear of discrepancy or hindrance by their own party.

Being nice also has its benefits.:
- Making a good first impression
- Exuberance (even if false) is usually reciprocated by the recipient
- Kinder intonation implies a friendlier sense of being, therefore creating rapport with your audience and increasing comfortability between the individuals participating in the interaction.

But if you just want to be an asshole, that's a whole different thing.
[ZE] Pfc =☆ q-bert™☆=: Ghast from minecraft
Ghast: fuck you q bert

Offline Pillz

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 12:45:17 PM »
WHY?

It's just to consider the other persons feelings before doing things. Just pausing, and asking yourself "Would I want them to do the same to me?" If you are nothing but kind to someone, also, they would more than likely be nice to you. Thought, it might be a waste of time in your eyes, how could being nice negatively affect any kind of relationship?

Or, what do you get from not being nice?

Offline Atom

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 02:40:19 AM »
Think of it like this. What would happen to the world today if Hitler was "nice".

Offline Malachino

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 11:36:25 AM »
I suppose that the conflicting standpoint would be, 'What justifies being rude?'

Let's see. Being nice can bring benefits to the human mind and sometimes the body, but it is mostly just used to give people a happy feeling. Which, is great. Kindness is beast.

Pros of being nice:
• People who are nice usually give better impressions on people and make friends easier than people who are rude, unless you live in a southern state(obviously, I'm kidding).
• Employers are more likely to hire you.
• Nicer people tend to be happier than people who are angry. And why not? If you have a reason to be nicer, be nicer. Much easier.
• It's easier and less hurtful to be nice to someone than it is to be rude.
• Being nice promotes teamwork and teamwork is needed if we are ever going to do things, such as constructing buildings, promoting peace, or finding vaccines for diseases.
- This is more like a little tidbit. Just because you're nice to someone, you don't have to agree with them on things. Having a totally different opinion from someone else helps to expand the diversity that the world has with its people.
• Nicer people tend to be happier(as I said earlier), and happier people tend to be healthier.
• Another tidbit-- nicer people, being happier, happen to also have less cases of mental illness and depression. Depression is one of the leading causes of suicide.
• Nicer people tend to avoid arguments and fights. Or, fights that have meaning to them.
• Nicer people, because of their personality, are more likely to stand up for someone.
• Nicer people have more of a social life. Obviously.

Pros of being rude:
• While being nice is lovely, conflict doesn't only have a negative influence. It has a positive influence on the way people believe and think. If there was no rudeness in the world, thing's like WW2 wouldn't happen and without those, we may not be as advanced as we are today.
• The ability to be rude has been beneficial to some countries(here's looking at you, U.S.A).
• Rude people tell the truth more often and are usually brutally honest(which, can be a good thing. Being honest is a good trait).
• Rude people have a backbone, unlike most nice people.
• If you have a legitimate reason to be rude, with pretty much no consequence(Is this a real reason? Nope. But it's fun to be mean sometimes, so, you have to think.. Is this great or what?).

--------

And this is what two hours of sleep and waking up at 7 AM has caused me to do. Congratulations, sleep. You've won today.>>

Skieski

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 08:34:30 PM »

It's not an ethical thing for me. I could care less about ethics and morals and shit. I just like it when people are happy and laughing. It makes me happy. It lets me stay happy. When everyone's pissed off and upset, I don't want to be there anymore. That's just how it works. So why not make it my goal to keep everyone happy.

I respect your entire post Pillz, but I do have a question: A man's life being the product, the result of the morality code he or she decides to follow, how can you "not care" about morality?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:21 PM »
It's not that I don't care about morals at all, I just don't believe I'm nice due to them. It's more like, I just don't think about it like that perhaps. I'm sure if I sat here and thought about it I could find that exact moral-set I follow and how it affects my decisions and life and etc. I don't sit there and think "is this the right thing to do?" and shit like that, I mean in tons of situations I do, but when it comes down to just "being nice". .. . lol

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 09:36:48 AM »
Well I guess if you are nice the thing that just happened in this community would not have happened, in other words no resignations.

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 10:39:56 AM »
Well I guess if you are nice the thing that just happened in this community would not have happened, in other words no resignations.
...LOL
last night was crazy.

Offline crypto

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
Quote from: Pillz
I could care less about ethics and morals and shit.
Not sure if I'm taking this out of context, but I'm starting to feel you here more and more. As much as I feel like there IS a wrong way to do things, and that a lot of people adhere to that wrong way, and that I have an obligation to say something about it, my care-o-meter is beginning to run out of steam. Ultimately everything bullshit anyway.

Then I remember that that's what everyone starts to think as they exit adolescence and hit adulthood, and I stick my thumb up my bum and hesitate.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal