Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ttt_christmastown question.  (Read 4168 times)

Offline RalphORama

ttt_christmastown question.
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:59:11 PM »
Hey hey hey!

I was playing ttt_christmastown just recently, and some questions on 'glitching the map' arose. See, you can get on top of some of the buildings via crowbaring one of the garage doors at the gas station and riding it up, and as far as I can tell, it's defined in the rules as a specific map glitch. The issue arises, however, when we take a look at how the map is armed (where weapons spawn).

Fig. 1

Fig. 2

See, the map is re-armed in such a way that a sniper rifle spawns on the roof of one of the buildings it's against the rules to go on top of. I don't know if this is a relic of a previous person re-arming it, or if something got messed up while it was being re-armed, but it's been causing minor strife between players and admins. It basically makes one assume that it's ok to go on top of these buildings because why would there be guns spawning somewhere we weren't allowed to go?
If we could get this sorted out, it would be great!

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline matthew

Re: ttt_christmastown question.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:00:55 AM »
if its about how you have to crowbar to get up you can get up with the help of another player pressing the button

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 12:00:55 AM »

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »
I don't know why it's so hard to follow the rules guys. It says don't go on the roof so don't go on the fucking roof. Just because there is a weapon spawn up there doesn't mean it's suddenly not against the rules.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline RalphORama

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 01:32:33 AM »
I don't know why it's so hard to follow the rules guys. It says don't go on the roof so don't go on the fucking roof. Just because there is a weapon spawn up there doesn't mean it's suddenly not against the rules.
Just pointing out that this is kind of misleading. If the map ever gets re-armed, I'd suggest taking it out. (or letting people go on the rooves because it's fun :P)

[on HerpDerp's beautiful laugh]
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i'm fapping to you
IAMBOT<try.hard>: really really hard
IAMBOT<try.hard>: i am cumming ontop of my keyboard

Offline Billy

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 01:44:19 AM »
Why exactly is this a rule, anyway? It's not like other players can't reach the roof / shoot someone from up there.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 02:02:32 AM »
Why exactly is this a rule, anyway? It's not like other players can't reach the roof / shoot someone from up there.

It glitches and you can see through some walls, so t was made a glitch I believe.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline nucleartaco

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 04:04:29 AM »
I don't understand why people always want to get up there all the time. I have honestly never felt the urge to go up there.

The gun has been pointed out many times and the rule has never been changed.

As Yankees said you can see though the walls. Don't really see an advantage from this because by the time you do get to the other side the person where you can shoot (unless AFK) they would have moved. But then again you can see them when they can't see you.

Quote from:  Old Crow
All i want is Nucleartaco's near mine.

Quote from:  Muffins
Muffins: You know i was looking at peoples sigs and i have never been quoted in one :(

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:43:50 AM »
I don't understand why people always want to get up there all the time. I have honestly never felt the urge to go up there.

As Yankees said you can see though the walls. Don't really see an advantage from this because by the time you do get to the other side the person where you can shoot (unless AFK) they would have moved. But then again you can see them when they can't see you.

There's also many ways to glitch from there, you can get into unreachable places, and get into a position where you can shoot from underneath the map and kill players (while they can't see you).

Luckily, nobody knows how to apart from me (maybe others), and I won't be saying how to get there. But accessing the roof that way can cause a whole lot of bullshit.

But for the "But there's a gun up there" argument. Just rearm the map so as to remove that sniper rifle and place it elsewhere.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »

There's also many ways to glitch from there, you can get into unreachable places, and get into a position where you can shoot from underneath the map and kill players (while they can't see you).

Luckily, nobody knows how to apart from me (maybe others), and I won't be saying how to get there. But accessing the roof that way can cause a whole lot of bullshit.

But for the "But there's a gun up there" argument. Just rearm the map so as to remove that sniper rifle and place it elsewhere.

^ This

Except for the fact that there being a gun up there isn't an argument. Yes, it may be misleading, but sometimes people like to fuck with you guys by putting guns in unreachable places.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Dante

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »

Its not that hard to get under the map or in unreachable areas.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal