Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Love vs Infatuation  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Pillz

Love vs Infatuation
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:59:02 PM »
What is love to you? What is infatuation? What is friendship?

How do you know when friendship turns to love? Is it possible love is just friendship met with infatuation and sex? Are there different kinds of love?

Share me your feels, bros.

Also; irrelevant but so nobody else feels inclined to spam WHAT IS LOVE jokes, here is the song and the gif.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM</a>
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

Re: Love vs Infatuation
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »
I actually wrote a small essay about true love last year in response to a short story that I read. This is part of how I described it.

Love is not restricted by the laws of attraction or its use as a synonym for the word like. In a normal, mostly functional family there is a loving bond between immediate members and most extended relatives. A person can also love a friend in the same way that they love a brother or sister. When a group of humans are thrown into a stressful situation, such as a fight with relative success, this loving bond can also form. This love is different from true love, love due to attraction and love of an object or thing. The love between siblings is different than the between parents and their offspring also. Due to its varying degrees, love itself is hard to define but it can be done. Love occurs when a person would be put into a state of deep state of grief if something were to happen to the other person that is loved, the emotions and bond towards the person that are often used to describe it are the side effects of love.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
I'd say you can just feel it. You start a relationship, follow it where it takes you and at some point, I feel that you just know in the back of your head. If you have to question yourself if you like somebody while you're in a current relationship, then I would consider that the sign that the relationship is not based off of love but something else, whatever that may be.

There are different kinds of love too. Every relationship is unique, none are the same at all, so small things are done differently, love is shown in different ways person to person.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »
I'd say you can just feel it. You start a relationship, follow it where it takes you and at some point, I feel that you just know in the back of your head. If you have to question yourself if you like somebody while you're in a current relationship, then I would consider that the sign that the relationship is not based off of love but something else, whatever that may be.

I agree that you can just feel it. But not about liking others, though, I am polyamorous and am in a triangle poly relationship, and I love both partners, it was really tough to start with, because I became friends with one, and I instantly took a shine to them, first time we went out just to hang out went pretty far, but to cut a long story short we're all happy and we care for each other.

I think love is tough to explain, and that it itself is tough. the three of us have depression and it's really hard sometimes, and one has psychosis and it's really tough for him, and I mean it's REALLY tough for him, and I really wish I could help him, I really want him to be alright. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is we have our flaws and we don't pretend they're not there, we love each other for who we are.
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
Quote from: Inject OH 4
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Billy

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:35:55 PM »
I love bad bitches.

I'm infatuated with Emma Watson.

That's the difference.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
Also; irrelevant but so nobody else feels inclined to spam WHAT IS LOVE jokes, here is the song and the gif.
Spoiler for Hidden:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrBDcQq2DM</a>

You know me all too well Pillzy...so I guess I won't do that.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal