Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The "Friendzone"  (Read 7904 times)

Offline EagleWulf

The "Friendzone"
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »
since this forum has been dead since before I even made an account here, I decided to revive it a little. today we will talk about something called... wait for it - THE FRIENDZONE.

so what is the friendzone?

by my understanding, it is when a guy befriends a girl, either for the sake of a platonic friendship or with the intentions of "getting to know her", and takes interest in her, and gets rejected because the girl thinks of him "more as a friend" or "like a brother", etc., etc. From the Friendzone-ee's point of view, it's because he was too much of a friend to her, which de-sexualized him in her eyes. (and don't get me wrong, there are girls who claim "friendzone" as well)

Personally, I believe that "friendzone" is a term made up by people who are too proud/afraid to admit that the person they were interested in just never found them attractive. i feel like people who claim friendzone feel like they are entitled to a relationship just because they were nice. and that's just not how the real world works.

so yeah, what are your thoughts/opinions on the friendzone? had any experiences where you've felt this way?

Offline Tictactoe360

Re: The "Friendzone"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »
It begins again

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »

Offline Billy

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:19:29 PM »
girls are stupid

friend zone is 100% girl's fault

guy deserves sex for being a nice person

being nice == people owe you

/thread?
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 10:21:51 PM »
I immediately regret this decision...

Offline Billy

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
I immediately regret this decision...

Good. thread is fin now

everyone go home

crisis averted
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
Good. thread is fin now

everyone go home

crisis averted

what? ...no! this a debate, dammit, and barely anyone's even commented yet! THIS IS STILL ON.

Offline CashPrizes

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:33:13 PM »
girls are stupid

friend zone is 100% girl's fault

guy deserves sex for being a nice person

That was beautiful.

Offline Billy

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:41:49 PM »
THIS IS STILL ON.

We had this same exact thread not even 2 months ago. One miscommunication led to another; name-calling ensued and a shitstorm a'brewed. Rhyme intended.

TL;DR this is a bad idea
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline crovv

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:16 PM »
TL;DR this is a bad idea

Between people that might troll the thread, jokes that might be made, and the mix of people actually debating and people just having fun, this could get messy.

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:10 PM »
so one time boy and girl talked and they got on well and boy liked girl more than girl like boy so girl said no i don't feel this way lets be friends so boy is sad and boy crey but boy was good to girl and deserves sex but girl say no.
so boy cry and cry until one day girl comes over to boys house to talk about feels so boy talks to girl about feels when all of a sudden the phone rigns so boy answer phone and the voice is "i am girl" so boy tells girl that the person on phone is girl but girls says she is girl

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

in all serious i think the whole "freind zone" thing is dumb

10/10, would read again

We had this same exact thread not even 2 months ago. One miscommunication led to another; name-calling ensued and a shitstorm a'brewed. Rhyme intended.

TL;DR this is a bad idea

really? i looked it up in the "search" function and there were only 2 instances of it being used.. unless the OP deleted it. No one has to resort to name-calling if we don't let it happen. I don't think that this is one of those topics that people can argue with fiery passion, and if i'm the OP i certainly won't let it lead to that. I'm just interested in people's opinions and stories.

Offline Billy

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 10:48:05 PM »

really? i looked it up in the "search" function and there were only 2 instances of it being used.. unless the OP deleted it.

Enter at own risk.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Offline EagleWulf

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »

really? i looked it up in the "search" function and there were only 2 instances of it being used.. unless the OP deleted it.

Enter at own risk.

I've read it a bit... it doesn't seem THAT bad. How about we have a better debate this time? if you dislike the term "friendzone" or have used it, explain in detail why and also why you feel it's a legitimate problem or not. in a REAL debate, there is no name-calling.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »
"FRIEND ZONE" is non-existent. It means you got rejected by a girl you're friends with. "

"Oh I could have stuck my p in her v if I wasn't friend zoned"

Well yeah, you could have done that if you weren't rejected.

The friend zone is a stupid concept. Get over it.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Muffins

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 11:14:01 PM »
"FRIEND ZONE" is non-existent. It means you got rejected by a girl you're friends with. "

"Oh I could have stuck my p in her v if I wasn't friend zoned"

Well yeah, you could have done that if you weren't rejected.

The friend zone is a stupid concept. Get over it.
Words from a man who has been friendzoned to many times to cound ;), the friendzone is real my friends.

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »
THIS IS STILL ON.

TL;DR this is a bad idea

Same reason religion discussions were banned? If people are unable to behave like children, then we might as well delete the debate forum. This is a pretty good idea.

I'd also like to helpfully redirect people to this wonderful post: http://www.conjointgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=176.0

Extract:
Absolutely NO spam in this section. I am going to be dead serious about this. Somebody comes in and spams something irrelevant, offensive or generally annoying gets his/her post deleted and a warning promptly sent.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 11:17:46 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal