Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fez II cancelled after developer received repeated insults from media  (Read 4439 times)

Offline Christovski

Thoughts?  Seems like overreacting a little, however in his shoes I wouldn't want to deal with all that media bullshit either, I guess I can see how people being dicks can stop someone from enjoying what they do.

http://kotaku.com/twitter-blowup-leads-to-sudden-cancellation-of-fez-ii-934548588

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline crovv

As someone who looked into Fez but didn't buy it, I'm not too put off. I do think Beer is an instance of the annoyance of the press, but I also think that it was a bit of an overreaction if it was just one guy and his followers attacking him, not an entire site or newspaper or other press organization. It seems to me like he ragequitted from the internet and the lashing out at Beer doesn't help his case very much...

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

Offline Old Crow

I am seeing this become a problem overall in the gaming industry. Look at the policy change of Xbox One, look at the rage over the Kerbal Space Program comments made by the developer that they will have to come out with additional paid content to add a multiplayer because the current game can't support it. Yes sometimes the bitching is reverent, but when you are forcing people out of the industry, or forcing a company to drop policies that would push the industry forward, it makes gamers look very immature and basically puts all of us in a bad light. On top of that, the industry already has a somewhat low price margin, so when your forcing developers out of business that try to bring new, different ideas to the industry, you are part of the problem.

You are part of the reason why games like CoD and Madden get churned out year after year, making millions for the company while sitting firmly in the past. Hell Black Ops II just had a patch that fixed multiplayer imbalances and you know what the developers got told to do? They were told to kill themselves, because some 11 year olds favorite gun exploit is now fixed or balanced

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/24/4552332/black-ops-2-developer-threatened-over-weapon-changes
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
  • How does one maintain community when no power?
    • View Profile
you guys do realize the dev of Fez is a fucking moronic jerkass, right?

Offline Old Crow

Oh yeah, I read up on the guy and he is by no means a saint. That being said, the Industry is known for its horror stories of overworking, underpaying and well who flames the most at the end of the day? Moviegoers, people that listen to music, or video gamers?

3 Days isn't log

Offline oobla37

yeah. He's basically a douche, and a console elitist.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Pillz

Oh yeah, I read up on the guy and he is by no means a saint. That being said, the Industry is known for its horror stories of overworking, underpaying and well who flames the most at the end of the day? Moviegoers, people that listen to music, or video gamers?

Probably people who listen to music since it's the largest group.

I've read some terribly awful youtube comments on music videos, and some of the flame wars are just beautiful. Especially in any degrading rap video that sparks a racist/sexist debate.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Old Crow

I'm not talking about Youtube, or Twitter, or Facebook comments, I'm talking about garnering enough complaints that cause people to actually change their product.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

I'm not talking about Youtube, or Twitter, or Facebook comments, I'm talking about garnering enough complaints that cause people to actually change their product.

I thought you just meant who flames more, but music and movies don't really have a chance at changing their product. Once it's out it's out, where games get updates so yeaah.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

Indie Game: The Movie portrayed the developer of Fez as quite dramatic. It seemed he had enough trouble finishing the first game. Although then again, it was a movie.

The fact that they actually argued about it over twitter makes them both seem like whiny children. Beer's a douche, and fish just needs to learn to ignore people. Needs some thicker skin, people aren't always nice. Especially on the internet.

Out of all the various developers he seems like the most likely to do this anyway.

Offline Christovski

Re: Fez II cancelled after developer received repeated insults from media
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:00:02 AM »

No idea, I just know I liked the original Fez, so this article caught my eye.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Ðeath.

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 02:34:50 PM »
Thoughts?

They're both doo-doo heads.

They both went too dang far. They had pretty much no reason to continue on that little fight. Jeez.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »
Phil Fish summed up.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zLHno34Nw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zLHno34Nw</a>

Offline Mercy

« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:08:59 PM by Mercy »
FRESDOM!

Quote from: All of Haiti
Mercy = bad singer and aimbot
Quote from: Slayha -,..,- (Rageoholic)
I hear masturbation increases TTT abilities....

Quote from: Lone Grey
Lone Grey: I am pissed at something else right now.
Lone Grey: Just in denial
Lone Grey: I JUST SAW THE FUCKING SEASON 3 FINALE OF MY LITTLE PONY

Quote from: Old Crow
so of you have both don't fret!

Offline Billy

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »
Phil Fish summed up.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zLHno34Nw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4zLHno34Nw</a>

I love this.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 08:28:11 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal