Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Opinions of the Death Penalty  (Read 15592 times)

Offline Hair Slut

Re: Opinions of the Death Penalty
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 12:04:07 AM »
and who pays for the government to not come and throw THEM in jail pancake?

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 12:06:36 AM »
The government pays for the appeals? Or the convicted? Because I don't give a shit if they have to pay.

You know where the governments money is *SUPPOSED* to come from, right?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 12:06:36 AM »

Offline Leomire

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 12:29:14 AM »
The fix to costly death sentences: Public Hangings

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:59 AM »

I have a cheaper solution: Firing squad

More humane as well
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Leomire

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 01:01:17 AM »

I have a cheaper solution: Firing squad

More humane as well
We could use the idea I thought of a while back. We put all the prisoners in an area and we send in our fresh military recruits in for life target fire arms training. I mean it trains our soldiers and it gets rid of a problem so we are doing good in two ways!

Offline Nelth

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 01:03:53 AM »
LETS MAKE ARKHAM CITY.

Offline stewieisevil

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
The government pays for the appeals? Or the convicted? Because I don't give a shit if they have to pay.
the government does, and if the convicted does not have a lawyer they government has to pay for that too.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »
To be honest I didn't expect any1 here to remain 100% unbiased because it is fairly hard to do but when we talk about the death penalty, life in prison and similar. It is important to remember that these are human beings we are talking about.
A human being has hopes, dreams and feelings, for a human being to flip out and abandon their hopes and dreams (like in the case of murder and similar) there is often a very strong cause for this happening.
Harasment, being ignored, being scorned for everything or just plain feeling like there is nothing out there for you except people making your life worse.

My point is they still have those dreams and hopes, which means they can still be rehabilitated they can still be treated as human beings and end up in terms becoming just another friendly face.
Something most countries need to understand is that torment normally does not help some1 to become a better person it only creates rage and makes them think of more things they can do to hurt the people who have aflicted this torment upon them. (the torment being to live in those aweful conditions you guys have in prisons)

I read some place that if you were to judge your prisons acording to if they broke the conventions of how to treat war criminals that you broke those conventions on many many occations. Basically you treat your own people worse than you are allowed to treat terrorists how does that make you feel about your system? does that make you feel like if it is truly their fault for returning to the prison, to hate your system, to hate your people and continue killing?

In Norway our prison system may seem to cosy but we do that because all a prison needs to be is a place to reeducate people about how life actually works. Some people need proper guidance into how a human being is suposed to act.
In Norway we have cases of killers who've had no remorse for their actions turned into the friendliest people you can find on the street, we have murderers that would no longer hurt a fly.

So no, I do not believe in the death penalty in most cases there is but 1 case I believe the death penalty should even be considered and that is when a person claims war on a country by stating other beliefs and then killing innocent people of another opinion. Basically if some1 declares war he deserves to get killed, because that is the way of war.
I know that may seem like a cop out way for me to explain why I only wish for Breivik to die, a person who did this in my country, but trust me it is not. In Breiviks case he openly declared war on the norwegian system claiming that others would follow suit and at our doors we would have war.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:56:40 AM by Jorgen »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 10:08:45 AM »
As Jorgen stated, there is no way to have an unbiased discussion about how our system works here in the US.
Frankly, I find the death penalty fair in some cases and unfair in most. I support the death penalty 100% though as I feel as though an Eye for an Eye leaves the whole world cowering in fear of losing their sight. I feel as though if one is to take a life of another, premeditated, including foul play, mutilation, and rape with more than one victim, the inmate should be sentenced to death. One does not rehabilitate themselves after destroying many peoples lives. Not just the victim, but the victim's family too. People don't understand that when you lose a family member to such violent crimes, you feel nothing but enraging anger and pure emotion. It's difficult and I understand that.

While I do agree that SOME people can be rehabilitated, I also have to state that there are helpless cases. It's kind of like trying to scream at a Christian for being Christian... or throwing pork at a Muslim. It's stupid, you're not going anywhere with it, and you're wasting your own resources and time. When the people commit the crimes that they do, they don't expect to go to jail and pay for what they did. They do it for their own personal satisfaction most of the time. It's somewhat sickening.

Honestly, this doesn't come to a surprise to me. However, there were many cases where soldiers treated the terrorists with utmost disrespect. Pissed on them, stripped them naked, made them climb ontop of one another, and stupid shit like that. Humans are disgusting creatures. Pure and simple.

It's not so much that they can be rehabilitated, it's what does it take to rehabilitate them? Did you know that if we removed our entire government system in the United States, we'd still never be able to pay off yearly debts? In fact... I think it's something like the US makes a total of 2.7 billion dollars a year, but needs to also spend 4.5 billion a year just to do what we're doing... And if we cut out our government, we'd still only make 3.6 billion a year or something along those lines. We're currently following Greece's footsteps. We cannot survive for that much longer.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2012, 02:09:12 PM »
we have an island in Norway dedicated to the worst of the worst which is basically heaven to be honest, it is a location where they run a farm and those that show the best improvement are trusted so far as to being sent without supervision to the nearest city to buy supplies. We have yet to have any1 run away and flip shit.
I mean we live in two completely different worlds to be honest, in Norway we see people who have gone from what you describe to being the nicest people you would meet, but you are raised hearing stories about people coming out and never breaking free just keep doing the same things they did before like if they were insane.

I understand the logic of vengance when it comes to families who have lost loved ones, and in Norway there are many stories of this coming into play and going really badly... I mean vengance is a very base feeling in a human so this is the biggest flaw in our system =/

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
we have an island in Norway dedicated to the worst of the worst which is basically heaven to be honest, it is a location where they run a farm and those that show the best improvement are trusted so far as to being sent without supervision to the nearest city to buy supplies. We have yet to have any1 run away and flip shit.
I mean we live in two completely different worlds to be honest, in Norway we see people who have gone from what you describe to being the nicest people you would meet, but you are raised hearing stories about people coming out and never breaking free just keep doing the same things they did before like if they were insane.

I understand the logic of vengance when it comes to families who have lost loved ones, and in Norway there are many stories of this coming into play and going really badly... I mean vengance is a very base feeling in a human so this is the biggest flaw in our system =/

What does the farm do for the country? Is it just for the island and for helping to rehabilitate them or is it sold in stores?

I personally always found it odd that we kept criminals confined in small places not doing anything, when they could easily work on something like a farm.

I don't understand why they shouldn't work something to put back into society..

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
The basic idea of a death penalty, was to use the severe act of death by a nasty way, hanging or guillotine, for example, to prevent the next fellow from doing the same act.

The theory was, if we take this guy's life, the next guy will think twice. 

Did it work?   Well? Did it?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
The basic idea of a death penalty, was to use the severe act of death by a nasty way, hanging or guillotine, for example, to prevent the next fellow from doing the same act.

QFT
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Boxman

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »

Like I said, people who commit the crimes don't think of the consequences, just the personal pleasure or gain from it.

Cadaver, we all love you, but we all know the only reason why you survived the 18th and 19th century was because you were afraid of the death penalty.

(Iloveyou)

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
I fear little.

And Who says I survived?

What is my name again?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]