Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Opinions of the Death Penalty  (Read 15829 times)

Offline Jorgen

Re: Opinions of the Death Penalty
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »
what I said is if you firmly believe that every person who has ever done anything wrong are inherently evil and deserver nothing, then you are a bad person. I did not believe that you thougt so, so I didn't believe it was a personal attack.

How is doing the same thing as the people that you believe are doing something wrong justice?
By that I was not saying that it is easy to get over something like rape I was more saying it to like other things like shit my stuff got stolen.
If you want to know I should not be alive right now, hospitals nearly killed me among every other thing in my life. I was robbed of first my entire first 7 years of my life then I was robbed of 1 more year when I was 16. I could get over that, and continue to live my fucking life, so why can't others do the same?

As to rape, most of the time yes it is a lapse in judgement sorry to be the one to break this to you but hormones can be hard to control, and when you are allready down/easy to break then your judgment may just snap and you do something you would never have thought of doing before.
I've been friends with pretty much any type of person from murderers to people who have been fucked by drugs, they are not all bad people. Most of the people are just another human being trying to make their way trough the world, sure they fucked up somewhere along the way but who hasn't?
It sounds wrong to say that murder was just a fuck up or rape for that matter, but truth is in most cases of murder there is a provocator and a doer. There is for the most part never a completely innocent party.
The same can't directly be said about rape in that case it is a case of people being unable to control their hormones, so maybe chemical castration for a while could be a solution I don't know but direct castration and making them the laughing stock for their whole life seems just wrong. That is murder to be honest, you are killing their chance of a normal life.

Offline Spadie

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
Yeah, hormones can be hard to control, but why risk letting someone out to do it again? Who says they'll be able to control themselves after a short stay in prison? I don't believe people can change their nature just because they received a slap on the wrist. Is it not true that most people in prison these days are repeat offenders? They've been given a chance to not be a moron, they blew it. For less serious crimes like theft, minor assault, drug possession, these people are getting out and turning right back around into prison. I don't see why we should give these people any leniency after they've blown it like that. As for more serious crimes that we've discussed, I see no reason to let these people out of prison so they can just commit the same crimes again. How is it someone can kill another human being and then be out of prison in 10 years on parole while the person they killed is under ground, and their family living their lives with a large gaping hole where a loved one used to be? How is that fair to the victim or the victims family? How is it fair to a rape victim knowing that their rapist is out on the streets looking for women, sleeping around etc? How is it fair that a child abuser gets to live life, albeit with the label of Sex Offender, while the child has to go through life remembering all those times the person came and abused them? Do you have any idea of the psychological issues these people develop?

But oh, the criminal says they're sorry, they must be redeemed! Let us let them out in a few years, it will all be fine!

First degree murder should be punishable by death, as well as first or second degree murder with a child involved
Second degree murder should be life in prison
Manslaughter, 5-25 years, depending on the circumstance as Manslaughter can also be defined as an accident where a death takes place
Rape, 15 years and chemical castration (or altering the blood flow to the penis so it cannot have an erection) so the victims can sleep easier
Sexual abuse involving a minor, 25 to life, as payback for really screwing up an innocent persons life.

None of these things will really help the victim of the initial crime or fix for them what happened.. What it will do is make sure that this crime cannot be committed (at all or for a long time) by these sick individuals. And, after these people are released, they should be put under much stricter rules than the current parole system in most countries.

Also; I believe if someone violates parole or the conditions of their release, they should be put back in prison for a minimum of 3 months, doubling with each offense.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:42:44 PM by Spadie »

---
Oh goddammit.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2012, 06:50:34 PM »
I understand what you mean, I mean I get very mad too when I hear of all that injustice. However in Norway the chance for a murderer to return to prison is or used to be 32% and rape 48%. Which is much better than the 50-70% in America, not sure about Canada.
Some people suffer from black outs (in regards to murder) in which they don't know what they do. I myself have experience such a black out, when I was I believe 12 years old, I was physically bullied by another kid and one day I snapped. I punched the kid into the ground and grabbed scissors I was ready to stab into his eye socket ( according to my friends) but then my friends tore me off him. So, many times murder is a thng that happens due to equal abuse.

I am too tired to elaborate much more but yeah, I hope you see what  am talking about as well.

Offline Spadie

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
I do see your side, worry not, I just disagree in how people should be punished for their actions.

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2012, 07:08:53 PM »
First off I think the idea of castrating someone is awful ,but the main issue with it is that it simply doesn't work. They will still have sexual urges and will still be able to commit rape just by different means. Also as I stated early the justice system is about more than revenge its about helping deter crime in the first place and threat of death or life in prison won't stop people from committing crimes.

Offline Spadie

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »
Well don't you think that ''I'm going to cut your dick off'' is a pretty decent deterrent?

I think so. I don't want my dick cut off.

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »
Seems we are at a slight agreement then =) no use to continue that part of the debate.

de·bate /diˈbāt/
Noun:   
A formal discussion on a particular topic in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward.

Honestly, if it leads to an argument that isn't heated and is calm/formal/controlled, I see no problem with a disagreement.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2012, 03:28:03 PM »
Captain obvious strikes again.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »
Let's just stop posting and let this thread die. <3 Too opinion based, makes people mad apparently.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »
Let's just stop posting and let this thread die. <3 Too opinion based, makes people mad apparently.
Fuck you. Not die, this thread shall (?)

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:22 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal