Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TF2 lower slots  (Read 4241 times)

Offline Wholegrain

Re: TF2 lower slots
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 05:14:26 AM »
>lower slot count
>add second server
>replay on both
>HNNNNNG

problem with that is it never works

dividing playerbase among 2 servers never works

just never works ill explain more later but now we are focused on getting a foothold in tf2 lets not place that in jeopardy by going in a different direction ... for now at least (give it at least a month to build up a player base)

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• How does one maintain community when no power?
  • Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 05:23:36 AM »
no tf2 server
no fun,
no fun at all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 05:23:36 AM »

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »

I'll kill you, No not with that weapon.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
A. Slots should be 24. 16 v 16 is too chaotic. That's almost enough for two of every class per team, if we're going to have 32 slots, we should get that gay class limiter thing. So there can't be 6 pyros, 7 heavies, or whatever. 12v12 is nice and solid, not too chaotic, more "strategic" if you will. Less waiting time too for re-spawn, unless I'm wrong about that, in that case re-spawns gay.

B. Replay? What the hell? Why do we want that? What's wrong with what it does, where it shows you who killed you? Only benefit I see in replay, is having something besides spectating to do while waiting to re-spawn. Though I think that's also dumb, because you should be seeing what you're teams doing, to see what class you should be, where you should go, and whatnot.

C. Re-spawn time should be relevant to the amount of players there, but should never break 20, ever. If I ever see 25-30 I'm shooting someone. If you can cap it, do so at 20. That's enough to be fair, and when it's liek 3v3, the max should be like five seconds, ya know. That MW2 joke was funny, cept either way you're throwing your life away in an attempt to kill people, same idea, no matter how many seconds divide it.

D. Recording the game and editing it in a movie editing program, is relatively easy, and easy to learn also. I think everyone here can do it, given the performance capabilities of their computer.

E. Second server? Don't divide the player base, that's just a bad idea always. Unless you have 30 admins on one server. Let this one sit for another month or two, THEN introduce the second server. We can have one be Payload/Payload race, and the other be 2fort or some shit.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline TheSlyder

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »
The only change I'm wanting to see to the TF2 server is the same one I really wanted before: Alltalk turned off by default, with a bindable "Alltalk" key that's optional for all players.

It's pretty simple to do. You create a server-side scripts that establishes an alias that functions as an alltalk key. The alias can be called "alltalk." At that point any individual player will simply have to type "bind <key> alltalk" in the console and they're done. They'll have an alltalk key that they can use to chat it up, and team mates will still be able to strategize.

Just the other day we were playing and we NEEDED to be able to communicate as a team, but couldn't.

Offline dirtylaundry022

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
The only change I'm wanting to see to the TF2 server is the same one I really wanted before: Alltalk turned off by default, with a bindable "Alltalk" key that's optional for all players.

It's pretty simple to do. You create a server-side scripts that establishes an alias that functions as an alltalk key. The alias can be called "alltalk." At that point any individual player will simply have to type "bind <key> alltalk" in the console and they're done. They'll have an alltalk key that they can use to chat it up, and team mates will still be able to strategize.

Just the other day we were playing and we NEEDED to be able to communicate as a team, but couldn't.

This^

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »
Yeah, I liked that all talk toggle. It was pretty boss.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:11 PM »
we are back to square one on the issue of alltalk

I was thinking of adding the plugin where you can toggle alltalk off but by default it is on

when alltalk was off by default and ppl toggled it on and they were having converations... the new people that would come in would assume alltalk was on and would just start talking thinking others could hear him or they would leave because they assumed alltalk was on

I will add the plugin later tonight so that way the option is on the table for those that would like to use it

for now the server is doing good and im seeing lots of regulars coming back so it is something i don't want to screw around with too much (maybe map selection removing a few maps that are population landmines like tc_hydro)

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »
in case you havent already add ads for the forums. We can get ass loads of people coming on.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
slots need lowered quickly....  man the lag was fucking terrible tonight everyone was getting it badly

source servers are good up to 64 slots anything below that should not affect anyone

server sided at least if everything is maintained properly server sided

client side however it is more likely your computer cannot handle it

i need more specific on what type of lag it was

I can try to upgrade the server to 100 tic 500 fps which should make it better

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
Dont get another server, it wont work out...we tried that with TTT if you guys forgot...even though our TTT is mostly populated 24/7, as I recall the 2nd server did very badly.
Phim Bogason

Offline AlphaWeeaboo

• Commando
  • Banned!
  • 446 Credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Credits/Gift
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
Yeah, 2nd server wouldnt be good right now

but also the reason why the 2nd ttt failed is becuase it was always fucking broken and no one gave a shit.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal