Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pillz's PC Problems  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Pillz

Pillz's PC Problems
« on: January 13, 2013, 12:01:09 AM »
So I moved my room around today because the girlfriend just wasn't digging it in it's current state. Now after the computers been moved around to another room twice and then back here to be hooked up again, I've encountered some issues.

The computer took almost double the time to start, which usually takes 20-40 seconds. After I logged in, the password screen SLOWLY faded away and every other window that appears or disappears does so at the slowest possible rate. Youtube videos seem to play like normal but the words I am typing now hardly keep up with the pace I'm typing at. The parrot which is usualy moving at high speeds now takes 3 seconds to complete one head bob, and basically everything is really fucking slow for some reason.

All I did was unplug my computer, and move it around carefully. Even if someone drop kicked it while I wasn't looking, what the hell could of happened to cause everything to lag like this? Minecraft says it's running at 70-91 FPS when I play it and like I said Youtube videos still look fine but it takes 4 seconds for any window to close or minimize and this is going to drive me insane.

I would google it but you can imagine the help I'd get from googling "My computer is really slow now, what do I do?"

Perhaps there was an update for adobe or windows and.. I don't know at all. Please help? D:

Took computer apart and re-assembled it, almost everything works fine now. Now using thread to discuss broken HDD
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:58:29 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Christovski

Re: HALP; Random Graphics Lag
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:44 AM »
Shut it down and check to make sure a stick of RAM didn't come unseated or a fan didn't stop running so its overheating and can't run as fast. 

Might as well check that all cards and hardware are properly connected.  Could also be some component just fried, not necessarily due to moving.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:44 AM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:24:02 AM »
Well technically if I open the case and tinker with the cards I void my warranty, so I have yet to even open it; though if I don't cut any of the cords they tied shit down with they really won't know.

Point being my cards should all be in place but it's possible something wiggled loose. Why would this cause only my windows effects to run slowly though? I don't understand this at all.. I found a way in advanced system properties to set visual effects and stuff for best performance and while that essentially fixes my problem the computer desktop looks like Windows95.. I don't understand why Minecraft does fine but not... closing a window.

Offline AbkaFlab

Re: HALP; Random Windows Lag
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »
What do you mean it would void your warranty? Is your computer pre built or did you build it yourself? Im not a pro or anything but it sounds like something could of happened to your hard drive or ram? Take my advice with a grain of salt though. Im no tech support.

EDIT: You might even want to go into your bios and check and make sure all your hardware is detected just as before you moved it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:35:56 AM by AbkaFlab »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 12:38:49 AM »
Hahah well it's a long story, it was a Christmas present from my dad and he made it on CyberPowerPC.com or whatever; and they're really not to great but it's still a decent site. Got my computer for around 1100 and it had a 1TB HDD, 100GB SSD for the OS and not even 3 months after I got the computer I had an issue with corrupt files and after getting that deleted; my 1TB HDD disappeared two weeks later. That's beside the current point though.

For now I just want my normal functionality back.. going to try jiggling the cards now I guess. I really don't care about my "warranty" since I really don't feel like sending the computer in so they can look at it for a month; but they'd fix it 100% with no charge so eh.. That'd mean no Pillz until CyberPC lets me back into the internet.

Not sure if the warranty is even voided by doing such things, but if I cut the bands holding the wiring together or remove the motherboard and switch parts out then maybe they'll void warranty; but eh. I might as well just start saving up for a new HDD or send my computer back..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:01:21 AM by Pillz »

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:51:45 AM »
Well the first thing I would do personally, is go into your bios and make sure all your hardware is detected. If something isnt detected then you know thats most likely the problem. Then if that doesn't work I would go inside the case and check everything in there to see if anything is wrong. 

Offline Pillz

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Well something must of been misplugged in because after fiddling with all possible connections and making sure they're okay; everything but the Hard-drive is in working order.

Now; let's use this thread to see if anyone can figure out the mystery to my harddrive. I'll upload a video of me checking it out so you see what the issue is. Again, last thing I recall was one of my music files being corrupted on the 1TB HDD, and I also have a 100GB SSD which is what I'm using now. I think the problem arose from my SSD never being set up strictly for my OS like I had planned; and I had been using both drives. Then after I deleted the corrupted file from my computer and assumed things were fine, not even two weeks later my 1TB drive randomly disappeared and it hasn't worked since. I'll post a video next of what I get when I look for it.

Uploading a 6GB .avi file from hypercam because I've never recorded anything correctly. Sure I should of recorded in a compressed version but uncompressed looks better and everything else causes distortion and shit. So this will be uploaded in an hour or three I guess. Here's the link until then.

http://youtu.be/RyZzwWn1nL8
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:34:22 AM by Pillz »

Offline Christovski

Re: Pillz's PC Problems
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 01:55:27 AM »
Glad it was something so simple, I've had it happen before with loose RAM

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Pillz

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 02:01:31 AM »

Yeayeah, I was already stressed from moving the room around and then my computer acts fried out and I was ready to lose my mind. I'm glad too, and now all I have to worry about is finding my Terabyte of missing space.

Offline oobla37

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 02:31:37 AM »

Yeayeah, I was already stressed from moving the room around and then my computer acts fried out and I was ready to lose my mind. I'm glad too, and now all I have to worry about is finding my Terabyte of missing space.

Pillz must be the only person ever to misplace a terrabyte.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Pillz

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »

Well it's there.. it's just.. unallocated, unknown and not initialized. One day it was 963GB of free space, the next it was a mystery to the computer.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 04:02:02 AM »

Well it's there.. it's just.. unallocated, unknown and not initialized. One day it was 963GB of free space, the next it was a mystery to the computer.
So does it show up on the partition manager at all?

Offline Pillz

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 05:28:29 AM »

So does it show up on the partition manager at all?

Nope, not really. Here's this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZzwWn1nL8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZzwWn1nL8</a>

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 05:40:29 AM »
It's weird that you can't initialize it.

Maybe you should try a CHKDSK.

After that try right clicking and initializing it.

EDIT: I dunno how helpful that link is, but I thought about it and I'm actually unsure how you would even go about running a chksdk even with the command line if the drive isn't assigned a letter or anything.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:49:49 AM by Blackllama »

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 07:03:30 AM »
Too late black - he fixed it a good 4 hours before you posted! xP

Good to hear you fixed it.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 07:03:30 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal