Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Homosexuality, from a religious viewpoint  (Read 9430 times)

Offline Spadie

Re: Homosexuality, from a religious viewpoint
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 05:34:28 PM »
Yeah living around Detroit, reading in the news constantly about how parents don't care at all about their children or how its something like over 60% of them live in 1 parent houses, really makes the argument "the child will be confused living with a gay couple" invalid. There are bad parents and good parents, so we should focus on the bad, instead of just one group that WANTS to adopt children. Adoption alone doesn't make parents good, but just to deny it because of their orientation is wrong.

good story. One of my ex coworkers had one kid, could barely take care of her on this minimum wage job (his baby momma lived in another state). He decided to go cheat on one of his friends wife, knocks her up and they get divorced. So now he had 2 kids to take care of, and a baby momma as well, well that didn't work, he lost both his kids. Moral of the story, don't have kids if you can't even take care of yourself!

Yeah, I would rather have a kid be adopted by a gay couple who love the child like their own than an inept parent whom just doesn't care about the child or abuses it (which you see MUCH more often than ever should be)

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Accan

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »
Gods a big boy, I don't think he'll cry if one dude decides he loves another dude. I don't think he'll cry if a woman decides to love another woman.

Also

This is EXACTLY the crap that will get the thread locked. Not what i was asking for at all. Respect others' religions also.

Also, good input, Doc, that's a really good point

It seems you missed my main point

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 “If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.”

Well for the third or so of CG that believes that the Bible is truth, some of the things you said can be pretty flippin offensive. It's better to look at the other point of view to make sure you're not offending anyone before you post... Although i do respect and don't put down your opinion that the Bible is "fucked up", it would be much better to word things in such a way that does not bring unwanted offense to any party or individual, such as myself.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:11:11 PM by Jorgen »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 05:47:32 PM »

Offline arth987

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 06:18:22 PM »
Yeah you guys better check yourself before you say something again just because his is a forum topic about opinions doesn't mean you can shit all over our beliefs.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
Requesting lock pls

Like I know how this thread would turn out

I don't blame one side, I blame both. It's his opinion, just like it is your opinion. You hope others respect your own opinions and then you attack someone for giving their own.

LOCK PLS

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Saying the bible is quote fucked up unquote is attacking peoples belief. Look, I would say we all agree that everybody has the right to do what they want, but don't forget that includes to practice whatever religion you want. This is suppose to be a discussion, not a bashfest on religious people, because you cannot paint a group with a broadbrush just because some people in the group are more vocal and/or extremist. The same can be said about atheists, there are some that just full on attack what others believe.

Like I've said before, basic human rights, something that every person born should have.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
I give this thread one more chance, next time it is a lock.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
Religious debate; the ONLY place where we can't shit on other peoples beliefs in CG. Say one petty thing that might piss someone off and it's all over. Call someone a fucking retard with a brain tumor over something else; completely fine.. makes sense I guess, we only want to avoid hurting peoples religious feelings, not the rest of them.

Regardless of your beliefs, the fact that religious people use one quote to start anti-gay riots; then completely ignore another one that's pro-rape is ridiculous. His point was not to take the quote on gay people literally; as you shouldn't with most other quotes from the bible.

You are on one of your last strikes when it comes to debates. and making hypothetical discussion about it is worse; and that's why discussion on it's forbidden. Technically since this thread is open we should go ham and talk mad shit on it anyway; it's not like there are rules against being a douchebag(no enforced rules at least). Just rules against talking about religion; which everyone else has done already.

Also remember; pillz believes a god may exist out there, but religion overall is just silly now; most people get it. They still believe they just don't care to make a fight out of it; lol it's not like I hate religious people, my whole family is religious, I just don't care for the shit it justifies sometimes.

Lol im on my last strike debate wise? wat?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:29:49 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Spadie

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »
Religious debate; the ONLY place where we can't shit on other peoples beliefs in CG. Say one petty thing that might piss someone off and it's all over. Call someone a fucking retard with a brain tumor over something else; completely fine.. makes sense I guess, we only want to avoid hurting peoples religious feelings, not the rest of them.

Regardless of your beliefs, the fact that religious people use one quote to start anti-gay riots; then completely ignore another one that's pro-rape is ridiculous. His point was not to take the quote on gay people literally; as you shouldn't with most other quotes from the bible.

and making hypothetical discussion about it is worse; and that's why discussion on it's forbidden. Technically since this thread is open we should go ham and talk mad shit on it anyway; it's not like there are rules against being a douchebag(no enforced rules at least). Just rules against talking about religion; which everyone else has done already.

+1.

He was pointing out something really fucked up in a passage, and then you guys went apeshit (Not you, Pillz). Some of the things the bible says is really disgusting and wrong by almost anyones standards. Like Pillz said, how can religious groups use some passages to further their cause, claiming the bible is absolute truth, while ignoring others completely when it suits them. For example, love thy neighbour. What if that neighbour is gay? Hm?!

I held the door for a lady once going into a store. She told me as a feminist, she doesn't need a man to do things for her. I asked her if she was a christian as well, she said yes. When I asked her what she thought of the bible saying that women were made to serve men, she didn't have shit to say. Blows my mind  discofrog
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 09:01:16 PM by Jorgen »

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Fact is religion comes down to belief, there is no direct rights or wrongs. Science has not 100% proven that religion is false, they simply can't yet. So saying it is retarded is a personal view and as with religion you don't want their beliefs shoved down your throat.
This statement can go both ways "Just as I do not wish for some1 to force something down my mouth I do not wish for some1 to force religion upon me", the other side of it is that those who are religious should be allowed to say "Just as I do not wish for some1 to force something down my mouth I do not wish for some1 to forcefully feed me the reasons why I am wrong".

99% of the time some1 gets called a retard on these forums it is due to the fact that they are talking bs and/or acting like idiots. Alternatively it is on something that is way less serious, and gets treated as such.

You fight for the rights for gays to get married or have every right of freedom, then why are you so much of a bigot that you can not allow religious people the same rights of freedom?

Anyways Pillz has ended the thread, and proven that CG is not mature enough to again try religious debates.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:59:42 PM by Jorgen »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal