Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Homosexuality, from a religious viewpoint  (Read 9566 times)

Offline Pancake Of Doom

Re: Homosexuality, from a religious viewpoint
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 09:50:50 PM »
Just looked back over the TN Marriage laws, yeah I was wrong. Ah well, disappointing.

ANYWHO. On topic. I see nothing wrong with it. Southern Baptist I am. I always say whatever floats your boat.

And the KJV says homosexuality is an abomination, the more modern bibles (Which are far more historically accurate) Says it is detestable.

On a political standpoint, We can't have our country fighting over petty social arguments when there are far more important fiscal and international issues. Americans need to be united, not separated. As Lincoln says, "A house divided, can not stand."

Offline arth987

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
@ Spadie -- look idk what your problem is but the bible says it catholics/Christians follow it. If you don't like it then  ignore it. You are turning this thread into something entirely different. Bringing up the fact of Racism and that stuff that is totally different then marriage i know what your tyring to say about how society has changed but it hasnt totally on the first cousin thing. I think that many gay couples would be fine with just having the civic union and not having so called " Marriage " seeing how many just want the same rights as a man and women marriage where they get tax cuts etc. I have nothing against Homosexuality and NO ONE in this thread has said they do. So stop attacking religious followers.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »

Offline Spadie

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 10:15:46 PM »
If you don't like it then  ignore it.

You just summed up my entire argument! If religious people don't like it, they should ignore it! :)

And, Racism and homosexuality is the same concept in discriminating against someone whom is different from you.

Edit: ALSO!

I think that many gay couples would be fine with just having the civic union and not having so called " Marriage " seeing how many just want the same rights as a man and women marriage where they get tax cuts etc.

Marriage isn't defined as a religious thing. So people, regardless of their sexual orientation, should be able to get MARRIED and have a MARRIAGE with all of the same rights. Plus there's been protests by the LGBT community about calling it a civil union, stating that two people don't ask the other to be in a civil union if they love eachother and want to be together. They ask the other if they want to marry them, same as everyone else. So I don't think they'd be fine with it..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 10:23:20 PM by Spadie »

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
Marriage stopped being any sort of religious when it was adopted as the official way of two people being together in the way being married means and when it is used officially by the state, which is why you can get married in the court house and you don't need to be in a church.

Offline Spadie

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »
Marriage stopped being any sort of religious when it was adopted as the official way of two people being together in the way being married means and when it is used officially by the state, which is why you can get married in the court house and you don't need to be in a church.

+1

And if it were a religious thing, there'd be no reason for athiests and people of separate beliefs to get married. But as they can, and as they do, gay folk should be allowed to as well.

---
Oh goddammit.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
I agree with Corey, there is no reason to call marriage between a same sex couple anything but what it is marriage.

Offline Doc. Mentalist S.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 02:02:26 AM »
I find that homosexuality to be good and, the better of us all as a society. Learn to enjoy life rather than make it worse for others.

Only the people that are lonely or miserable view it as an abomination. Those that are unsure usually follow their parents, friends peers, etc. It's not just religion that plays a role to an individual's view. People would use certain reasons or philosophy to just their reasoning of why "we are against your sexual orientation".

In all honesty, it's time to modernize our way of thinking and living. The dark ages are gone.

Offline Accan

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »
Gods a big boy, I don't think he'll cry if one dude decides he loves another dude. I don't think he'll cry if a woman decides to love another woman.

Also
I'm not gonna lie, the bible is pretty fucked up.

This is EXACTLY the crap that will get the thread locked. Not what i was asking for at all. Respect others' religions also.

Also, good input, Doc, that's a really good point

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:58 PM »
Everything changes after Jesus.

The Pentateuch is invalid!

Offline Boxman

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2012, 12:18:31 AM »
Everything changes after Jesus.

The Pentateuch is invalid!
The Old Testaments preached things that were later corrected in the New. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that we're far from the only species that has sex with the same gender.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 03:10:45 AM »
This debate is likely to be skewed to the side of pro-acceptance of homosexuals.

Of course these are the genuine opinions of those who have already contributed, but it is worth considering that by the the rules of the forum (no sexism, discrimination, etc.) it's much less likely we'll be receiving the viewpoint of anyone who is against homosexuality.

Because of the rule, any actual religious homophobes would be largely reluctant to share their views (if the rule hasn't driven those sorts of thinkers away in the first place), meaning we're only hearing the point of view of those who accept homosexuality.

I just thought I'd point that out. While this is an interesting discussion, there isn't much room for varied opinions.

----------
Personally, I'm happy coexisting with those who have views opposite of mine, whether it's sexuality, religion, politics, etc. While I'm not an atheist, I don't quite fit into one religion or another. I believe in a higher power, sentient or not, and I believe there's something beyond death than just nothing. (I feel enticed to delve deeper into my religious views, but I realize that's off-topic and potentially offensive. :P)

I see little need to make the business of other people, and their preferred sex, my business. Really, people should be able to think/do what they want, so long as they aren't shoving those ideas down the throats of others, or harming other people in the process of this.

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 05:00:30 AM »
Asked what my coworker thought about this (since he is pretty mouthy and likes certain words), and he said he actually didn't care. Just as long as they don't wave their dicks in his face. I've honestly only met one guy who was anti-gay, and he was a major backwoods douche. I feel like the only people that are against homosexuality are the ones that are scared of change, refusing to lose their standpoint when they have the power to hold it firmly, or have been taught that it's wrong.

If someone is against homosexuals, I would love to hear their viewpoint. Shouldn't fear repercussions if they use their words right. I would really like a good debate here, this is completely 1-sided.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:56 AM »
Asked what my coworker thought about this (since he is pretty mouthy and likes certain words), and he said he actually didn't care. Just as long as they don't wave their dicks in his face. I've honestly only met one guy who was anti-gay, and he was a major backwoods douche. I feel like the only people that are against homosexuality are the ones that are scared of change, refusing to lose their standpoint when they have the power to hold it firmly, or have been taught that it's wrong.

If someone is against homosexuals, I would love to hear their viewpoint. Shouldn't fear repercussions if they use their words right. I would really like a good debate here, this is completely 1-sided.

You can see the religious viewpoint for being against homosexuality, to be honest they believe and fairly can do that sex is a means to create life, thus why they believe that using protection is also wrong. Any method of sex which is not for creating life is morally wrong, and that the pleasure out of having sex should only be a necessary sin, a 'side effect' if you will.

I'm agnostic, so I can really understand both sides of the argument, plus I did enough of this at school and A levels before I went to university.

Argument balanced... ish.
Its a fact...

Dick Figures Movie! :) http://ykr.be/1p9g102w6a

Offline Waffuls the Huntress

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2012, 06:39:46 AM »
However, it's a medieval viewpoint.

Women were only seen as a way to produce; they were not allowed to enjoy it, and to do so was blasphemy. This idea stayed, but was challenged by both genders. A lot of people would cheat, would write erotic stories (which were banned, but secretly handed out), and be jailed or even killed for liking sex.

It's evolved over time, going from punishable to accepted. People simply "look down" on them or call them names, or just ignore it overall. But teens are still popping out babies, people are cheating left and right, and even those who are so against pleasure sex/cheating, cheat. The same people that are the ones so against gays having rights, because they think it's against THEIR OWN PERSONAL PREFERENCE. However, they commit acts that violate their precious "rules," too.

I honestly think that people should get over themselves. If you cannot stand by what you preach, then you should not be allowed to say your piece, or try to convince others that the other stance is evil. People like sex, people sometimes like the same gender, and we've got beyond enough babies on this Earth.

What I can't stand at all is how anything anti-baby is wrong, yet having the child, knowing you can't handle the responsibility, being forced to keep it, abusing them, killing them.. That's alright? Or simply abandoning them and letting them rot in the orphanage. Of course, gays cannot have children, but that doesn't stop them from adopting, yes? One of the main reasons why I will always support gays is that they can give a home to children who were abandoned or abused by their birth parents; people who are preparing for such a task, people who are actually going to care. Not people who "accidentally" became parents, did not parent the child, and let them become one of the fucks we see strutting their shit around on the street. Or teens, who decided they wanted a baby. Or the people who are just literally fucking psychotic. Some do slip through the cracks, but mostly I feel that gay couples raise the most open-minded children, who aren't going to slut around and judge people for what they are. And kuddos to that.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »
Yeah living around Detroit, reading in the news constantly about how parents don't care at all about their children or how its something like over 60% of them live in 1 parent houses, really makes the argument "the child will be confused living with a gay couple" invalid. There are bad parents and good parents, so we should focus on the bad, instead of just one group that WANTS to adopt children. Adoption alone doesn't make parents good, but just to deny it because of their orientation is wrong.

good story. One of my ex coworkers had one kid, could barely take care of her on this minimum wage job (his baby momma lived in another state). He decided to go cheat on one of his friends wife, knocks her up and they get divorced. So now he had 2 kids to take care of, and a baby momma as well, well that didn't work, he lost both his kids. Moral of the story, don't have kids if you can't even take care of yourself!
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal