Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Global Warming.  (Read 8261 times)

Offline (=CG=) DoomBringerDANTE

Global Warming.
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:19:18 PM »
Global Warming is it bullshit or fact?
If it is a fact should we worry?

http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofdarkness/index.php?title=Malkavian
Quotes From/About Malkavians:
"Hee, hee! Watch it squirm! Now poke out its eyes!" - the last words heard by a victim of a Malkavian connoisseur.------
"When a Malkavian speaks, listen.  When a Malkavian acts, leave. 
When two Malkavians gather, run."
-Gangrel, on Malkavians------
"When you find yourself falling into madness, dive!" Malkavian saying---

Offline Blood

Re: Global Warming.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »
its-a bullshit, plus when questioned about it al gore didn't have anything to back it up on so...

*Edit: his facts were bulls*** and untrue smug
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:14:01 PM by Zero »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 01:22:11 PM »

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
Zero, you make a pretty big mistake by assuming that Al Gore is the ultimate authority when it comes to global warming. And really, nothing to back it up with? Dude, he made a freaking documentary. He gave facts, gave examples, gave statistics. He supported his arguments with tons of evidence.

Global Warming is not bullshit, its absolutely true, and yes, we ought to worry about it. Is it really so hard to believe? Why are people so ready to dismiss it as useless conspiracy theory? The world around you is a freaking example of Global warming. The earth is basically telling us: "DUDE, ITS ALL AROUND YOU. DO I HAVE TO CUT A CHUNK OF ICE THE SIZE OF MANHATTAN FROM THE POLES FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?"
Global warming is backed up, it makes perfect sense and there is evidence everyfuckingwhere.

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 04:01:47 PM »
Morons, every gass/aerosol has a measured reflection rate, and at that half removement time 2.
So by this statement global warming is true, however it is exagerated.
Do I need to say more?

Offline Jorgen

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »
It ain't that over exagerated, lets take Japan now for an example if the nuclear reactors go off it could boost global warming and other things quite drasticly.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR we could have a nuclear winter I uss

Offline Global_Meltdown

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
Really another thread about global warming????????

9:04 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Something happened to me that is so vile, that I want to go out in a rampage
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: brb
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: k
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: :\
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you want to know?
9:05 PM - Global_Meltdown: yeah
9:05 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: Do you REALLY want to know?
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: There is a Justin Bieber sticker on one of my binders for school.
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: That makes me mad
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: hahahaha
9:06 PM - Global_Meltdown: pwned
9:06 PM - (=CG=)Lone Mudkips: EFF U WURLD

Offline Dinomoto

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
Seems so... parrot
Phim Bogason

Offline Whitellama

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 05:36:07 PM »
While global warming may be true to an extent, I think all the hype around it is just created so the hippies and "environmentally caring" companies can make their $$$ on electric cars and shit so people can feel like they're "helping" the world.

And based on what I've researched in the past, it sounds to me that the reason everyone is so afraid of the change in our weather patterns is because prior to all this global warming crap, we had been living in a pretty stable time period in terms of weather. Now, people are panicking because the change in weather has started to pick up the pace.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
There is a natural shift in climate. Whether or not the globe warms up or not, it is following a trend. The Earth goes through periods of cooling and heating.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 09:02:22 PM »
Zero, you make a pretty big mistake by assuming that Al Gore is the ultimate authority when it comes to global warming. And really, nothing to back it up with? Dude, he made a freaking documentary. He gave facts, gave examples, gave statistics. He supported his arguments with tons of evidence.

All of which were proven false or fabricated. So no.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »

Link me.

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Inconvenient+Truth+Lies

Link me.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

SkiesAhoy

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 09:57:19 PM »
Fist link I find:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/10/09/court-identifies-eleven-inaccuracies-al-gore-s-inconvenient-truth

Yeah, you go government!

"The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming. The Government's expert was forced to concede that this is not correct."

Wonderful. Really clarifies everything. Supported and all.

"The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt causing sea levels to rise dangerously. The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100806161859.htm

Then I found other links detailing 35 errors, and read them too. Some of their claims I find to be of the sort "NO, ITS YOUR WORD AGAINST MINE" while some are actually supported by evidence.
I understand that not everything Mr Gore said is true, but I cannot believe that everything he said is a lie.

And again, Al Gore is NOT the ultimate Global Warming authority, by far.

Offline crypto

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
It has been scientifically proven that the planet is on a warming trend (in terms of 10s or 100s or 1000s of years) that will spike against an overall cooling trend (millions of years, IIRC).

Global warming is real. This is not up for debate. End of story. If someone with four years of a high school–level education in science who believes otherwise is a complete idiot and not worth anyone's time.

Offline crypto

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
While global warming may be true to an extent, I think all the hype around it is just created so the hippies and "environmentally caring" companies can make their $$$ on electric cars and shit so people can feel like they're "helping" the world.
LOL THIS IS 100% LAUGHABLE.

And based on what I've researched in the past, it sounds to me that the reason everyone is so afraid of the change in our weather patterns is because prior to all this global warming crap, we had been living in a pretty stable time period in terms of weather. Now, people are panicking because the change in weather has started to pick up the pace.
PEOPLE ARE PANICKING BECAUSE THERE IS AN INCREASINGLY HIGH POSSIBILITY THAT OUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN OR GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN WILL BE LIVING IN A WORLD WHERE SEA LEVELS HAVE RISEN TO POINTS OBLITERATING COASTAL COMMUNITIES AND RUINING UNTHINKABLE ENORMOUS TRACTS OF FARMLAND. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS FUCKS OVER BOTH LOCAL AND GLOBAL FOOD SUPPLIES. ENJOY YOUR STARVATION,

There is a natural shift in climate. Whether or not the globe warms up or not, it is following a trend. The Earth goes through periods of cooling and heating.
THE CURRENT GLOBAL WARMING TREND IS PUSHING AGAINST AN OVERALL COOLING TREND. CURRENTLY WE MAY BE EXPERIENCING A NATURAL WARM SPIKE BUT THE MAJORITY OF WARMING IS NOT NATURAL. THIS IS EVIDENCED BY THE RECESSION OF GLACIERS, BY OUR KNOWLEDGE OF HOW INDUSTRIALLY EMITTED GREENHOUSE GASES WARM THE ATMOSPHERE, AND BY THE FACT THAT THE WARMING TREND HAS BECOME

I DON'T CARE HOW ARROGANT OR OFFENSIVE (OR WHATEVER PRECIOUS OUTRAGED TERM YOU SLAP ONTO STATEMENTS THAT CRITICIZE YOUR INTELLIGENCE) THIS SOUNDS. THOSE OF YOU WHO NAYSAY GLOBAL WARMING AND CONTINUE WITH ENVIRONMENTALLY UNFRIENDLY LIFESTYLES ARE FUCKING OVER FUTURE GENERATIONS OF YOUR OWN GODDAMN SPECIES.

Global Moderator Comment Crypto, I suggest you reread the forum rules, where personal attacks will not be tolerated... If you cannot argue, or debate, without personally attacking others, I suggest you quit posting in this section, and take courses on proper debate etiquette. - Cadaver
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:21:38 PM by Cadaver »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal