Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apparently I was uninformed.  (Read 15613 times)

Offline Billy

Re: :READ: Read if you want to be in on the truth. :READ:
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »
You know what we need to bring back, and almost make mandatory for Regular-Vet-Head-CL admins?

CG Meetings.

What would we discuss? Well that's up to yall, but to have everyone required to come in vent(TS now) and talk to each other about things would really alleviate tensions to a degree.

Then we can talk directly to inject and speak to one another, instead of playing message tag.
Purity of heart;

corruption of man.

Ðeath.

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2013, 12:01:15 AM »
Erm, I'd like to put in *my* say about the ZM HA since my name has come up a few times.

A: Second highest candidate, being behind by a vote or two, *in my opinion* is being hard pushed. Hell, on my admin app, I believe Christovski, Tictactoe, and Pillz all said +1 for HA.

B: HA Experience. I have none, During the SKG days, I was a Vet Admin, but as soon as I heard Mic's were gonna be mandatory, I opted out of there, and became the most active Retired Admin around (yes, that was a status, it was roughly the rank of our regular admins, I believe, with access to the Super Admin(Community Leader)/Head Admin office.) I even said I had no experience, I think. Otter has HA Experience, Christovski has Server Experience, and those were the three candidates, no one else.

Also, can we not drudge up old things that are dealt with, and talk about current problems?

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2013, 12:01:15 AM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
Um, who is "Guvna"?  I've never heard of such a person in CG.
I believe he was talking about this Guvnuh.

Offline Liam Neeson

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2013, 12:21:48 AM »
You guys are giving CG's leadership way to much credit here, the simplest answer is usually the right one. Also on the issue of CG choosing its leadership, having a popularity contest for who does what doesn't work. If that were the case HairSlut would have admin on Saxton Hale for giving people free stuff. Polls should be there to help the CL's choose ,but shouldn't be the deciding factor just like normal admin apps.

Also CG meetings are over rated and only accomplish giving me no one to talk to in vent.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2013, 12:27:03 AM »

Well what does that guy have to do with any of what happened?  I've never seen this person in my life @_@

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »

Well what does that guy have to do with any of what happened?  I've never seen this person in my life @_@
Guztav*
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline oobla37

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2013, 01:04:20 AM »
You know what we need to bring back, and almost make mandatory for Regular-Vet-Head-CL admins?

CG Meetings.

What would we discuss? Well that's up to yall, but to have everyone required to come in vent(TS now) and talk to each other about things would really alleviate tensions to a degree.

Then we can talk directly to inject and speak to one another, instead of playing message tag.

I agree.

By kwuartz
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Christovski

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2013, 01:30:09 AM »
I hated vent because A. it was annoying to use and B. I always remembered the horrible fights we would have when creating CG (we had like a 3-day long argument over the name, at LEAST)

But if we would have meetings to discuss important things, like apparently we have a money issue people have alluded to?  I would get TS for that, it is important enough.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline UnknownError

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2013, 02:03:50 AM »
But if we would have meetings to discuss important things, like apparently we have a money issue people have alluded to?  I would get TS for that, it is important enough.

Basically my opinion as well. Everytime I had went into Vent I only heard Dota2 stuff which bored me.
"DONT JUST WHIP IT OUT"-All of Haiti
"my nipples are hard" - Mrs.TheNurse (MeOwMoO)
"Guztav: How dare you leave me, you beuitiful individual full of love"
"Time to eat 8 tacos" - BladeTwinSwords
"How about I send your buttcheeks to Tybers "magic stick" - Linkster
"+1, seems like a guy who doesn't abuse power, etc."- Death
"He betta wrap dat sheet, ho. Don't want no baby unknowns runnin round" - Oobla
"YOU WANT SOME MORE CRACKERS" - Nexus

Best on TTT: 12 Kills, 8 Headshots

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2013, 02:16:42 AM »
We do need some sort of reach out to the community as a whole, and the best way is probably in TS or Vent. Messages via the front forum page, or the Steam group only seem to go so far.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Pillz

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2013, 04:29:27 AM »
We can have meetings before announcements so everyone's aware of what's going on, when it happens. IE the money issue or other subjects as they come up. We get a new server or help is needed doing X, Y or P; it can be addressed to everyone and whoever misses it reads it on the announcements. Let's even have the meetings in a different server for each meeting for the sake of everyone checking out the game; it's not like more than 20-24 people will show up anyway.. but idunno.

Just random fun ideas, and I wish we could do fun nights the same kinda way; and encourage people to post on the forums to join fun night. Events varying to bizzare maps outside the normal rotation; in TTT perhaps different weapons or player skins, if possible; Karaoke, death runs, supr goofin, slapabuse.. you know, the works.

We could advertise this all to encourage people to join, try CG out, maybe donate.. etc. As long as HA's put in a lil' effort.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Ðeath.

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »
I forget if this was asked (I think it was, more-or-less, but not as blunt)

How long does it take to approve the Global Moderator applications?

If this is 'out-of-the-norm', then what is holding back the GM apps from being denied/accepted?

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 08:14:54 AM »

If this is 'out-of-the-norm', then what is holding back the GM apps from being denied/accepted?
I haven't heard from a single CL other then old crow. So assuming that stands true today, then I suppose we will just handle it our self's.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline theyankees213

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 08:55:18 AM »

I haven't heard from a single CL other then old crow. So assuming that stands true today, then I suppose we will just handle it our self's.

Can we look into making this some kind of rule? It seems that with some things, the problem is the CLs communicating and agreeing which takes forever. Why cant it be if theirs something important at hand, a CL messages the others and proposes their idea. If no one or only some of the CLs respond in 3-5 days, those handle it themselves, to avoid long waits.

"Thats my fucking couch!!! NOOO! The humanity!!!!"  -Tyber
"Leet, only blade knows what my butt was meant for."-oobla
"It's all fun and games until one of the midgets pulls out a battleaxe" -Tyber
Why is this even a cloud? -Cortez

Yankees is easy to get mad tell him about the New York Nursing Home team

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »

Can we look into making this some kind of rule? It seems that with some things, the problem is the CLs communicating and agreeing which takes forever. Why cant it be if theirs something important at hand, a CL messages the others and proposes their idea. If no one or only some of the CLs respond in 3-5 days, those handle it themselves, to avoid long waits.
That's usually not the issue.

It's usually just disagreements or other issues. Either way All CL's should have a say.

Anyways on the next CL meeting we can all chat up the storm.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2013, 08:59:24 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal