Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The whole premise of AAA game series' in one image.  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Inject OH 4

Re: The whole premise of AAA game series' in one image.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 10:40:32 PM »
I'd rather pay $60 for a game with an actual story than $5 for some shit platformer... Bethesda games come to mind
You...
Me...

Sex now!
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 10:55:21 PM »
I'd rather pay $60 for a game with an actual story than $5 for some shit platformer... Bethesda games come to mind
You...
Me...

Sex now!

I'd rather find out the 5$ Game I bought was bad, than that 60$ Generic Shooter...  Every recent big name shooter comes to mind.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 10:55:21 PM »

Offline Inject OH 4

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »
You...
Me...

Sex now!

I'd rather find out the 5$ Game I bought was bad, than that 60$ Generic Shooter...  Every recent big name shooter comes to mind.
I'd rather not waste money on crappy games, Also I don't play full price for AAA games.
Quote from:  Winston
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Quote from:  Zombie
Valuve Admin Steve: If not we at valve can act as a "guardian gateway".
Valuve Admin Steve: I will be your daddy.
Looking for graphic artist, Photoshopers, and other graphic related people. Hit me a PM if you can help!

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 02:45:06 AM »
I generally waste a lot less money on indie games then AAA games. If I don't like an indie game, only a few dollars down the drain. If I don't like a AAA game, 60$ gone. I really like almost all the indie games I've bought, although I generally don't buy games I don't think I'm gonna like. The only time I really regret buying something is if I buy it on impulse.

Anyway, there are going to be bad games on both ends of the spectrum, so saying one is worse is kind of stupid. While indie games have less risk factor, AAA games tend to be more polished.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
I don't think you can really generalize about ALL indie games I mean Bastion is one of the greatest games ever made, but there is so much TRASH out there that are capitalizing on people suddenly buying "indie games" as a genre, its like all games in general like 10% are great the rest are junk.

I generally look into previous games made by indie studios before I buy a game to see how well they've done in the past.  Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery EP was amazing, and the next game by Capybara (coming to XBL arcade) Super Time Force looks to be a REALLY fun take on the hard sidecrolling shooter from back in the day, after the success of the previous game I'm obviously much more trusting of them to make the new one good.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
I don't think you can really generalize about ALL indie games I mean Bastion is one of the greatest games ever made, but there is so much TRASH out there that are capitalizing on people suddenly buying "indie games" as a genre, its like all games in general like 10% are great the rest are junk.

Soo much this. Everything has it's best and it's worst, there is no arguing that, but just the sheer volume of junk indie games pushes me towards the more mainstream, "AAA" games.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »

Soo much this. Everything has it's best and it's worst, there is no arguing that, but just the sheer volume of junk indie games pushes me towards the more mainstream, "AAA" games.

*Cough Towns Cough......Cough War Z Cough*

It all depends on what you like. There are many good indie games but like you guys said there is junk and well War Z is probably the worst example in the history of mankind.

AAA games often deliver the first one or two times around but I seem to notice that once they make it yearly the games turn to junk. Even if multiple studios are involved, it just floods the markets with a game that's the same as last year. That's why I'm scared for Saints 4 and the new announced Batman game.

I mean lets look at this. CoD is known to be the same year in and year out, but it sells because its a shooter. A much better example is Assassins Creed. ACI was good but flawed. ACII, which came what two years after was excellent. Then Ubi said we need one every year and its been nothing but boxed DLC or in the case of ACIII unnecessary fluff has accumulated.

Then compare that to the cases of FarCry and BioShock. Both are not published yearly, both have had their true sequels take years to come out and they always improve. FarCry 3 is a huge jump from FarCry 2, and thats because it took 4 years to make it.

TLDR take the time to craft an actual game, or GTFO
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal