Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Vintar nerf and why you should all shut up about it  (Read 11282 times)

Offline Justice

The Vintar nerf and why you should all shut up about it
« on: January 19, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »
So, I know basically everyone on here uses the Vintar (Including me), because it is a great sniper.
But since that Vintar nerf, that petition thread was made.

In all honesty, it balanced once an OP weapon.
-The recoil doesn't affect the gun too badly, why complain about such a SMALL, INSIGNIFICANT thing?
-Yes, the fire rate was reduced, but it's still SUPER fast compared to the scout.

This is like fucking youtube layouts in a nutshell: You people are just going to bitch and complain for them to revert them and end up not caring later on.

Offline Blackllama

Re: The Vintar nerf and why you should all shut up about it
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »
Why did you make a new thread when you could use the last one?
This is a very good question.

And no, not basically everyone here hates it.

EDIT: misread OP and said odd shit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:43:41 AM by Blackllama »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:02:28 AM »

Offline Snak

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 12:20:09 AM »
Dident tower already fix it?
Life's not a bitch! Life is a beauitful woman, you only call her a bitch cuz she wouldent let u get that pussy, maybe she dident feel yall shared any similar interest, or maybe u jus an asshole that couldent sweet talk the princess.

Offline AbkaFlab

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 01:00:22 AM »
To be fair I still hate the new YouTube layout and its been like 3 months.

Offline Dante

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 01:06:01 AM »
So, I know basically everyone on here uses the Vintar (Including me), because it is a great sniper.

-The recoil doesn't affect the gun too badly, why complain about such a SMALL, INSIGNIFICANT thing?
-Yes, the fire rate was reduced, but it's still SUPER fast compared to the scout.

This is like fucking youtube layouts in a nutshell: You people are just going to bitch and complain for them to revert them and end up not caring later on.
There is no reason for it to be shittier than the scout, anyone can have a scout, Ts have to buy a vintar. And seriously? Why buy the vintar its shit now, supressing it shouldn't increase recoil or lower damage. A t sniper I feel should have same damage as its inno equivelant if it is silent or has a special ability, otherwise it won't be used.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:10:58 AM »
I'm all for removing the vintar completely, I dunno why you all are complaining about having a T or D weapon that you don't use. I feel that way about all the special weapons and items. Some of them are convenient to use SOMETIMES; and a vintar is convenient when you want to snipe quietly. It's fine the way it is and the rounds will require harder work from Traitors now instead of being able to pick off 2-3 innos at a time.
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 01:14:46 AM »

There is no reason for it to be shittier than the scout, anyone can have a scout, Ts have to buy a vintar. And seriously? Why buy the vintar its shit now, supressing it shouldn't increase recoil or lower damage. A t sniper I feel should have same damage as its inno equivelant if it is silent or has a special ability, otherwise it won't be used.

A HS is still an insta kill. It does a little less body dmg but that's it.
The vintar has 33% less recoil than a scout
The vintar fires 50% faster than he scout
How is it not better again?

by Kwaurtz

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 01:16:28 AM »

The vintar is used too much. I don't like walking around and finding that every single T is holding a vintar when they die, like it  can get to the point late game where everyone has a vintar.

T weapons should be situationual, not an autobuy. If it that insanely popular, then maybe it needed a nerf? And no, not everyone can have a scout. On a lot of maps there are only a few. Sometimes a vintar will need to be purchased instead. I can pretty much guarantee people will use it less, isn't that the point of a nerf? Players use weapons because they're strong, if another weapon becomes better it will be used more. Maybe the T's will get more creative then just buying a knife/vintar/disguiser every single round.

Offline Tictactoe360

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 01:29:45 AM »
I'm all for removing the vintar completely, I dunno why you all are complaining about having a T or D weapon that you don't use. I feel that way about all the special weapons and items. Some of them are convenient to use SOMETIMES; and a vintar is convenient when you want to snipe quietly. It's fine the way it is and the rounds will require harder work from Traitors now instead of being able to pick off 2-3 innos at a time.

The Vintar is a massive turn away for me and many other players.
There's nothing fun about one traitor being able to camp almost all the innocents with just the Vintar and the fact that everyone round every traitor usually buys one and goes into hiding on any remotely large map ruins it completely.

Offline Dante

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »
Being used alot is not a reason to nerf something. If that were the case, nerf the French and the deagle they are always ran for first or purchased immediately buy detective.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 01:57:31 AM »
Being used alot is not a reason to nerf something. If that were the case, nerf the French and the deagle they are always ran for first or purchased immediately buy detective.

Actually that is the reason to nerf something, you want to promote it so that all the guns are viable.

Offline Dante

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 02:29:37 AM »

Actually that is the reason to nerf something, you want to promote it so that all the guns are viable.
So then it being over powered is not a reason to nerf it? Guess we better nerf the French and deagle while we are at it.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 02:35:36 AM »

So then it being over powered is not a reason to nerf it? Guess we better nerf the French and deagle while we are at it.
OP-ness and amount the gun is used come hand in hand. Frenchy is the most powerful shotgun, deagle most powerful pistol.

I wonder why they are most used?

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:06 AM »
Ah but Dante you forget. As a D you are a prime target, so the frenchie helps to balance that out, same goes for the T's AK, it gives him some firepower. The difference is they are not op, they are balanced. The vintar was slightly OP, especially in the sense it was both a long range and CQB weapon. Why would a sniper be a CQB weapon?? The fenchie isn't a long range weeapn.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline ๖ۣۜNexus

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:52 AM »
Ah but Dante you forget. As a D you are a prime target, so the frenchie helps to balance that out, same goes for the T's AK, it gives him some firepower. The difference is they are not op, they are balanced. The vintar was slightly OP, especially in the sense it was both a long range and CQB weapon. Why would a sniper be a CQB weapon?? The fenchie isn't a long range weeapn.
And why do you suggest that the AK is not OP?

Founder and leader of:
Seal Team 6
Army of 2
Task Force

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 02:39:52 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal