Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pokemon X and Y  (Read 8726 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Pokemon X and Y
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 08:16:25 PM »
Pokemon Colosseum has 3d battles, not all that new.

Yeah but I've always preferred actual pokemon games over the stadium games, which offer nothing cool other than to battle in 3D. I thought black/white was going to incorporate the 3D battles but only constant animation was achieved. So this will be rather interesting, along with the "3D environment".

It's plausible X and Y only are there because of the legendaries, but given they have full names and we're not describing them by their colors anymore there's gotta be something more to this one. I know all the other games simply referenced the legendary colors, even RBY which I imagine were colorized after the legendary birds in the game since the only other legendary was Mewtwo.

I still think it's retarded they couldn't find a better name for Ruby and Saphire; which is blue and red again basically. Then we went to diamond and pearl which can both be many different colors.. so meh.

If they're leaving the colors idea though I can't imagine what they'll be naming them now.. POKEMON DARKNESS AND LIGHT, POKEMON A AND B, POKEMON 1 and 2, POKEMON ASS AND TITTIES
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Kwaurtz

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
Pokemon Colosseum has 3d battles, not all that new.

Yeah but I've always preferred actual pokemon games over the stadium games, which offer nothing cool other than to battle in 3D. I thought black/white was going to incorporate the 3D battles but only constant animation was achieved. So this will be rather interesting, along with the "3D environment".

It's plausible X and Y only are there because of the legendaries, but given they have full names and we're not describing them by their colors anymore there's gotta be something more to this one. I know all the other games simply referenced the legendary colors, even RBY which I imagine were colorized after the legendary birds in the game since the only other legendary was Mewtwo.

I still think it's retarded they couldn't find a better name for Ruby and Saphire; which is blue and red again basically. Then we went to diamond and pearl which can both be many different colors.. so meh.

If they're leaving the colors idea though I can't imagine what they'll be naming them now.. POKEMON DARKNESS AND LIGHT, POKEMON A AND B, POKEMON 1 and 2, POKEMON ASS AND TITTIES

Pokemon green was released in japan rather than blue. Those three games listed the starters on their covers, and the yellow because it was the 'special pikachu edition' designed after the show. G/S and onward it for the most part was the legendaries until we got to the remakes of red and green.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »

Offline Christovski

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 02:31:31 PM »
Ok, I;ll admit I kinda miss playing Pokemon from the olden days and I've been waiting for an excuse to get a 3DS so I might actually jump on this one.  We shall see.  ALL THE NERDERY parrot

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 10:48:26 AM »
The designs look pretty nice to me. Yeah, there'll be dumb designs, but you can't get worse than clingclangz or whatever that gear pokemon was called. I'll miss the 2d style kinda though, B&W 2 was pretty as fuck and I was hoping they would keep with that style for a bit.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Dante

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »
The designs look pretty nice to me. Yeah, there'll be dumb designs, but you can't get worse than clingclangz or whatever that gear pokemon was called. I'll miss the 2d style kinda though, *Insert Pokemon Game* was pretty as fuck and I was hoping they would keep with that style for a bit.
My god, I just realized this is said for every pokemon sequel..

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »
It's kind of a shame that B&W now stands for Pokemon games, and not the amazing Black & White games :L
Quote from: Inject OH 4
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
I'm sorry nothing gets more stupid looking than Jynx, Mr. Mime or Muk. We have a humanoid blacklady with blonde hair in a red dress; apparently that's an Ice type. Maybe she's a cold ass bitch, but anyway then you have a Mime with psychic powers.. Then you have a puddle of muk; with a mouth and eyes. Oddish was weird looking, and the list probably goes on. Especially when you bring Johto or Hoenn pokemon into the mix.

Some resemble actual animals and I feel like that makes even less sense given there are NO animals in pokemon; and they're all monsters. The gear that evolves into more gears makes perfect sense if you're not going to complain about Magnemite-Magnezone.

None of it makes sense, and they all look weird; that's why it's SO AWESOME. The game hasn't gotten any worse it's only gotten better; I just wish battles went by faster and I feel with 3D battles it's only going to get slower. Playing older pokemon's on emulators really spoiled me.

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
So, all the humans in the Pokemon world, have to eat.  Considering there are no animals, and many of the "plants" seem to be Pokemon, too, guess what they eat?

Offline Christovski

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40:15 PM »
Charizard, use flamethrower!  Cook it medium rare please?  NOMNOMNOM

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline oobla37

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 07:44:00 PM »
So, all the humans in the Pokemon world, have to eat.  Considering there are no animals, and many of the "plants" seem to be Pokemon, too, guess what they eat?

YOU ARE WRONG SIR

By kwuartz
The Good, The Bad, The Ulgy!
Quote from: Old Crow
Give me all the lube ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Offline Pillz

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »

In the original Pokémon games and concept, it seems that most Pokémon were more animal-like. As such, wild Pokémon were originally portrayed as eating one another by some sources, in a very animal-like prey-predator system; for example, The Official Pokémon Handbook's entry for Pidgeot says that "When they hunt, Pidgeot fly on the surface of the water at top speed to catch unsuspecting Fish element prey like Magikarp." The Handbook also lists Golbat as drinking the blood of its enemies, not just sucking their "energy," as the Handbook refers to Leech Life in Zubat's entry.

This theme is not as explicit in the anime or games; rarely being shown or mentioned. This may be because of moral issues; as the anime and games progress, Pokémon seem to be growing more human, with personalities, human mannerisms, etc., and such behavior might border on cannibalism (although in the original series, Pidgeotto immediately began to peck at Ash's Caterpie when Ash first attempted to catch the Bird Pokémon). Misty took notice and warned Ash that Pidgeotto might try to eat Caterpie, who was quickly returned to his Ball. Pidgeotto never attempted to harm Caterpie again once it had been captured by Ash. This concept was brought up again in Pokémon Shipwreck when Meowth attempts to eat James's Magikarp only to have its hard scales break his teeth.

So while some pokemon produce foods like Chansey's eggs; the series brushes on the eating of pokemon more in the first generation because Pokemon were more animal based than they are now.

There's still Pokemon-eating-Pokemon references in the pokedex and handbooks; saying certain parts of the pokemon taste sweet or that pokemon X prays on pokemon Y.

Then as the wiki said the Pokedex for Venonat and Venonmoth say they pray on small insects, insinuating that there are smaller creatures out there for pokemon to eat. Pidgeotto eats a worm before ash catches it in the first gen, etc.

But they never explain where the giant hunks of meat they eat come from though..

Offline Dante

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »
I'm sorry nothing gets more stupid looking than Jynx, Mr. Mime or Muk. We have a humanoid blacklady with blonde hair in a red dress; apparently that's an Ice type. Maybe she's a cold ass bitch.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8X3l_Tt8VE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8X3l_Tt8VE</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40f31gZcag" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40f31gZcag</a>

Offline Napoleon BonaPARTY

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 03:31:32 PM »
I understand that the manga references toros meat. God could you imagine how hard it must be to herd and slaughter those things?

And I'm serious, Black and White 2 was pretty as fuck.
ha ha I made a signature

Offline Dante

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 05:24:26 PM »
I understand that the manga references toros meat. God could you imagine how hard it must be to herd and slaughter those things?
Sandslash use razor claw, Jiglypuff use sleep.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
I wonder if you can eat ALL the Pokemon..

Mhmm Squirtle soup.. or Roasted Mewtwo..

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal