Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your "Anime/Manga" Style Drawings  (Read 18743 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Your "Anime/Manga" Styled Drawings
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
Most of your recent drawings (not including the above) seem like the eyes are too far apart. I like what you did with the eyes on your recent one though, and I feel to draw shy/awkward looking faces you just need to have them looking away and have their head tilted downward; you know? The male drawing you did above though, it feels like his left eye is WAY to close to his ear and if he were to look straight at you there'd be 4 inches of space between each eye. I feel like noses help artists dictate where to put the eyes, but due to anime's "noseless" style that can be hard but just kind of imagine where the bridge would be and have them no more than an "inch" away from the nose area. In some of your pictures it feels like their almost an inch and a half or two inches away from the bridge; while I'm not actually measuring them you get what I mean I hope.

You've basically nailed it on your last one but as far the eyes go if you want them to look more shy and "guilty" you have to have their eyes lower and more solemn looking. The blush works well too, and you have to make sure their eyebrows don't make them look too intrigued as that's the opposite of shy. Your current work looks more like she's wondering what she's looking at, and I believe that's what you're going for but just commenting on the previous discussion.

Here's a pic I found that pretty well depicts a "shy" anime girl
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:14:40 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
Most of your recent drawings (not including the above) seem like the eyes are too far apart. I like what you did with the eyes on your recent one though, and I feel to draw shy/awkward looking faces you just need to have them looking away and have their head tilted downward; you know? The male drawing you did above though, it feels like his left eye is WAY to close to his ear and if he were to look straight at you there'd be 4 inches of space between each eye. I feel like noses help artists dictate where to put the eyes, but due to anime's "noseless" style that can be hard but just kind of imagine where the bridge would be and have them no more than an "inch" away from the nose area. In some of your pictures it feels like their almost an inch and a half or two inches away from the bridge; while I'm not actually measuring them you get what I mean I hope.

You've basically nailed it on your last one but as far the eyes go if you want them to look more shy and "guilty" you have to have their eyes lower and more solemn looking. The blush works well too, and you have to make sure their eyebrows don't make them look too intrigued as that's the opposite of shy. Your current work looks more like she's wondering what she's looking at, and I believe that's what you're going for but just commenting on the previous discussion.

Here's a pic I found that pretty well depicts a "shy" anime girl

Thanks man, I never noticed the large gaps before, until you mentioned it. But I get what you mean. That's some good advice, and from now on I'll start paying more attention to the space between the nose and each eye. Thanks, Pillz!

For the last drawing, I guess I just got lucky lol
??Mystery??: i think my bladder hates me
Klutonec: y
??Mystery??: everytime i go to take a piss
??Mystery??: and i think im done
??Mystery??: so i stick my stick back in my pants
??Mystery??: AND THAT HO LIKE NUH UH MR. E
??Mystery??: I AINT DONE YET
??Mystery??: and supports the rest of the village
??Mystery??: with water

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 03:22:00 AM »
I think I'll finally get around to drawing something tonight. We'll see if I post it.

Probs gonna end up using sai as my adobe cs6 trial expired and I lost my cs4 installation when I formatted my Hdd. I'll prob and see if I can get a copy of cs6 soon, but might as well try out sai while I wait. I haven't used in a very long time, but I'm glad to see there's an easily accessible english version now.

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 03:44:17 AM »
I think I'll finally get around to drawing something tonight. We'll see if I post it.

Probs gonna end up using sai as my adobe cs6 trial expired and I lost my cs4 installation when I formatted my Hdd. I'll prob and see if I can get a copy of cs6 soon, but might as well try out sai while I wait. I haven't used in a very long time, but I'm glad to see there's an easily accessible english version now.

Good luck, man :)

Anyway,
Spoiler for Hidden:
(Sketch progress so far, not embedded since you can't really view it here without scrolling)
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/048/4/7/girl7_2_by_klutonec-d5vc0gn.png
The color is gone, as opposed to the last picture I shared on this thread. I'll re-color once I'm done sketching!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:48:43 AM by JohnCyKlopZ »

Offline Coreybush11

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 09:33:11 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

This is motherfucking KAWAII BITCH

Offline JohnCyKlopZ

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
Update on the sketching:

Due to some demand there's now boobies involved.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:36:06 PM by JohnCyKlopZ »

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »
So I drew something and started coloring it and it looked like shit. I drew something else, and pretty much finished sketching it out. I figured I'd post it before doing lineart, because I'm much more likely to finish it this way. It's on a green background because a lot of the lines are too light to easily be seen on white.

The hair is kind of meh, but I think I can make it look better after the lineart.

Offline Sniper no Sniping

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »
It stares into my soul...

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2013, 12:06:01 AM »
Sooo jealous Johnny. So jealous.
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2013, 12:26:36 AM »
It stares into my soul...
Yeah, don't worry, I plan on filling those.

And John, she needs a tighter shirt!

Offline Christovski

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2013, 02:52:49 AM »

ew.

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2013, 03:25:26 AM »

ew.
Christovski is obviously not a fan of boobs.

I think it will be my new goal to encourage Klutonec to sexualize his drawings after each time he posts one.

Offline Christovski

« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
It's a cartoon.  Not real.

Not real boobs!

Luna started the rover's engine.  "AEIOU!" She shouted as she slammed the gas and crashed through the wall.
whenbananasattack: Hot stuff is my life
Toukun: I wanna rock the fuck out.
Ninja Bunn3h: !sex @all

Offline Pillz

« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »
We need an update John water u doin
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »
The lineart:

There are a handful of lines that are too thick that stick out too much, I'll fix those. Next step: coloring. Hopefully this is the fun part.

EDIT: Oops, just realized that the sketch was actually showing beneath that. Close enough though.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:53:38 PM by Blackllama »

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal