Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weed lowers your IQ if you do it as a teen  (Read 5961 times)

Offline Pillz

Re: Weed lowers your IQ if you do it as a teen
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:08:39 PM »
I have seen 14 year olds smoke weed constantly that are now 16 and he has staight A's except dat honors chem.... But I think the studies were done on people that were dumb fucks to begin with.

Straight A's =/= Intelligence. You can be high as fuck and make it through high school, college maybe. S'long as you keep your attendance up, pay enough attention, and do your work; the stupidest people can make it through school EZPZ. It's the slackers and the lazy that drop out and do terribly.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:15:05 PM by Pillz »
This whole thing is a travesty.

For starters, Pillz is obviously the sexiest.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »
For example, researchers found that individuals who started using cannabis in adolescence and then carried on using it for years showed an average eight-point IQ decline.
This is not a significant drop because they could be staying in the same range.

Over 140 - Genius or almost genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Average or normal intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency in intelligence
Under 70 - Feeble-mindedness

This study is not saying that you are an idiot if you smoke or you'll become one. It is saying there are proven negative effects. Then again the IQ scale is a matter for another debate... it's not as effective as media wants it to be.

by Kwaurtz

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »

Offline Pillz

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
We might as well talk about IQ here since it's vaguely on topic..

IQ's not to be taken seriously. I ask someone go take 3 IQ tests in the same week, and see if you get the same results every time. Probably a costly/impossible task but the point is, it'll more than likely be different every time. I've taken one when I was in 6th grade school and was 126, and 10th grade I was 138. Then if you take the seemingly legit 100+question ones online, it'll work the same. Every time I took it I got about 134-140, and the friends I had take it to as controls; got 98 the first time, tried again for 110, and then got 118. That was the one I thought would get higher points like me, and her friend ended up getting 118, 124 and 128; and rubbed it in her face for weeks like she was smarter b/c the other girl got 98 on her first try. I wasn't sure if the online ones could be taken seriously but I guess so. Either way it's not worth gloating about, people will still think you're a moron because they're smart and you're not. 
 Meme10
I wouldn't be surprised if smoking pot did lower your IQ over a long period of time, but it'd be a worthwhile investment since the longtime-potheads probably didn't want those IQ points anyway. On-Demand happiness trumps depression and intelligent-clear headedness for some people. Studies show that more intelligent people with 140+ IQ's tend to be more depressed and apathetic and end up doing nothing with their lives more often than normal IQ'd people; so perhaps pot's the perfect answer for some people, while others have no need for it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:57:35 PM by Pillz »

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
@ Towersheep maybe describing HOW it affects the brain.

Also I saw they "took in factors of alcohol as well"  but how in depth were these questions and honestly how did they "compensate" for the other factors. 

I know people that make mad fucking money and millionaires who have aggressive business strategies with incredible payouts.  This kid is like 20 ish around my age and already has millions and teaches people in their 30's and 40's how to run their already existing business.  He also lives on the 50th story of this big ass fucking skyscraper in downtown Chicago.  Another one of my friends I met before moving out of Chicago was the most fucking beast JAVA programmer ever.  This man was sought by companies from California to Illinois.  The man doesn't even really have to apply because companies are asking him to come work for them.  I could keep going on and on but will stop here. 

Some of the smartest and most sociable people I know some weed. 

so besides a slight drop of IQ this study

http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer

also shows that the other bad health affects are bullshit like it causing cancer

They used roughly the same number of people as this current study.  Also it was the same researcher that proved years before that weed causes lung cancer.  However the findings of the new study show that the cancerous cells are actually killed before they can multiply. 

Their are many factors to put in

since it is restricted to a certain geo graphic location

it could be the food they eat?

maybe their weed is tainted? (it happens sometimes with the "legal" weed) 
I point to spice as an example

Maybe the other drugs they did?

It was a study of 1,000 people

A small sample size in my opinion

Offline Boxman

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
We might as well talk about IQ here since it's vaguely on topic..

IQ's not to be taken seriously. I ask someone go take 3 IQ tests in the same week, and see if you get the same results every time. Probably a costly/impossible task but the point is, it'll more than likely be different every time. I've taken one when I was in 6th grade school and was 126, and 10th grade I was 138. Then if you take the seemingly legit 100+question ones online, it'll work the same. Every time I took it I got about 134-140, and the friends I had take it to as controls; got 98 the first time, tried again for 110, and then got 118. That was the one I thought would get higher points like me, and her friend ended up getting 118, 124 and 128; and rubbed it in her face for weeks like she was smarter b/c the other girl got 98 on her first try. I wasn't sure if the online ones could be taken seriously but I guess so. Either way it's not worth gloating about, people will still think you're a moron because they're smart and you're not. 
 Meme10
I wouldn't be surprised if smoking pot did lower your IQ over a long period of time, but it'd be a worthwhile investment since the longtime-potheads probably didn't want those IQ points anyway. On-Demand happiness trumps depression and intelligent-clear headedness for some people. Studies show that more intelligent people with 140+ IQ's tend to be more depressed and apathetic and end up doing nothing with their lives more often than normal IQ'd people; so perhaps pot's the perfect answer for some people, while others have no need for it.
I entirely agree with what Pillz has said.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Fullmetal Megadave

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:21 PM »
There is no magic age for weed, it all depends on the mind. If you have flexed your mind and become open-minded and very self aware, then it shouldn't cause any harm. 16-18 is usually the best age that minimizes the harm (like there are any). Besides, why smoke dat shit? Use a bong or vaporizer, much healthier. Or make some brownies :)))

(Not saying this from a personal experience, but science does say vaporization is much healthier. Smoke isn't healthy no matter whats burning)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:06:39 PM by Fullmetal Megadave »

Offline Old Crow

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 11:50:48 PM »
There is no magic age for weed, it all depends on the mind. If you have flexed your mind and become open-minded and very self aware, then it shouldn't cause any harm. 16-18 is usually the best age that minimizes the harm (like there are any). Besides, why smoke dat shit? Use a bong or vaporizer, much healthier. Or make some brownies :)))

(Not saying this from a personal experience, but science does say vaporization is much healthier. Smoke isn't healthy no matter whats burning)

They just said that anytime before 18 when the brain is developing still is harmful  Meme9

That includes alcohol and other drugs, but this study was geared towards Weed.

Also instant happiness???? Isn't that what video games and puppies are for?
I've proved people wrong on so many occasioans

Oh wow I do.Its because. I'm really active on the forum.

3 Days isn't log

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 11:57:45 PM »

They just said that anytime before 18 when the brain is developing still is harmful  Meme9

this brings me to another point

maybe it has to do with the way the thc passes from the lungs to the blood stream OR just smoking in general (lots of stupid people love their cigs although that is just a personal opinion of people in Chicago and Tampa).  Maybe if ingested another way say eating weed it wouldn't be so harmful on the IQ.

Offline Pillz

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »

Anytime before 24 is detrimental to your growth, not just 18; cigs, beer or weed. It's not as bad when you're 18-24 because your mind is more developed then, but it's not done growing.

+Have you ever tried video games or puppies, ON WEEEEEED?

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:59 AM »

Anytime before 24 is detrimental to your growth, not just 18; cigs, beer or weed. It's not as bad when you're 18-24 because your mind is more developed then, but it's not done growing.

how does one try puppies?

Offline Leetgrain

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2012, 04:25:03 AM »

how does one try puppies?

Wrap one in a large rizla and burn it.
The whole point of CG is ruined if no one post.
I know what you would do you would hump the shit out of that car, then you would get run over  :D
It's an ulgy dem file.
And you're do not look any thicker. I've had Creaps.

Offline TowerSheep

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »
Gentlemen, stay on topic.

I do agree that there is no magic age but a general age range is 18-24. No two humans are the same so to pin it down to 1 number would not work. Even a range is sketchy but at least it can server as guideline better than an age.

by Kwaurtz

Offline Hair Slut

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Guise did u knoe w33d is totally ilegal in teh wrold?! U shld b a gud chrstn and nt smoek plnts cause god siad thts a sin nd yu wld go to hell!

Towersheep is right, and doing anything while developing is bad, look at fetal alcohol syndrome, while not weed, poses a similiar argument, besides the fact FAS is proven (maybe?).

Offline Cortez (Mr. T. FOO!)

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »
Oh how it's beginning to piss me off when people modify my posts for bad reasons. Fine, I will expand because it looks like people are actually trying to see both sides of the argument. IQ isn't entirely reliable but it's defiantly something to pay attention to. Consider this, most people when they use THC don't really feel like working hard and usually goof around. Not paying attention in school leads to missing things which leads to questions you cannot answer. Now for the sake of people who claim they (and others) can do weed and still function normally if not better you must remember there are extremes to every trend.

So, to summarise the reason why I think weed might lower your IQ if you do it as a teen is because of how you may be affected in school.

I'm not going to take part in this debate because there are too many people in CG that get ragey when you tell them that smoking is dumb but, the C in BBC stands for corporation. kthxbai

Smoking IS stupid, but they know that too and need to defend themselves. Video games are equally as stupid as getting wasted every night, smoking weed with a bunch of people, or having sex with random people because you're lusting for them. Honestly... If people get angry because someone holds a different opinion then them, they shouldn't even be able to debate. Keeping a cool-head during these things are required, otherwise Cadaver has to punish... And Cadaver doesn't like to punish.

Thank you Boxman.
Does this look like a ball field to you sucka? This is a sandbox. For making sandcastles.

Post Count
A Novel by Inject OH 4
Conjoint Gaming
"You thought a Human Centipede was bad, wait till you get a load of us."
Bears, beer and bitches. That's everyone's motto.
Quote from: some guy on PC gamer
First of all, books were all but dead until tablets rejuvenated the industry
Quote from: Blazyd
Cortez I'm actually on black tar heroin fyi
Only been in it once didn't really pay attention to the staff, I think their was an eatable thong... but that may have been a totally different store, ANYWAYS... lol.
The plunger could simply be out of view, the pants + it's location behind the toilet may hide it... Or it's a fraud and we need to take down the system with out golden axes while destroying the rest of the demon-spawn so that we may live in a utopia.

Offline Wholegrain

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
I was going to get butthurt over this thread BUT!

THEN I GOT HIGH.. THEN I GOT HIGH THEN I GOT HIIIIGHHH

I was going to clean my room......

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal