Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PC build  (Read 5948 times)

Offline TeH MILKDUD

Re: PC build
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 07:10:15 PM »
Hey im stupid and dont know how to build a PC, does this all fit together?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dA00
Yes it does but your memory could us an upgrade like 2x4 at 1600mhz
oh and you want another hard drive not just and SSD maybe like a Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM thats what i am using and SSD for my boot drive

Offline Cadaver

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »
Yes, and no. You said i7 and multiple cores are not necessary.  That is partially correct. The i5 will out run an i7 in games. It is the better platform due to performance, not less cores.   But again, you are making the right decision.

Sorry if I seemed a bit, harsh, on the statement.  People need to know this fact, so they do not buy something they do not need.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »
Yes, and no. You said i7 and multiple cores are not necessary.  That is partially correct. The i5 will out run an i7 in games. It is the better platform due to performance, not less cores.   But again, you are making the right decision.

Sorry if I seemed a bit, harsh, on the statement.  People need to know this fact, so they do not buy something they do not need.
no your not harsh its good to fight/talk about computer hardware because it just makes you smarter and helps you improve... 

Offline Boxman

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »
> Boxman your dont need 8 cores during gaming. Even super high end games only us up 4 cores max thats why i5 is fine and i7 is for like if you are rendering a video playing a game and steaming something and whatever just not needed to me.
Pff, who said I only play one game at a time? Certainly not me.

>Farcry 2
>Killing Floor
>Gmod
>Payday

Those eight cores come in handy, broski.

harrizons
Disonarded
Demons only lead to no sales when your game sucks
Quote from: Inject OH 4
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
i tuch theyre bxxbs ALL DAY
&then we all go 420 on dat crank shiett and hav good time
but anywaes u wanna go? u wanna go rite now> lets do this
il meet ur face any time in leage o legens
wat? u scared/????

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
Why have multiple games running.
Plus, your video card won't hold it that long.

Offline Boxman

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »
Why have multiple games running.
Plus, your video card won't hold it that long.
It was a joke.
I personally would enjoy 8 cores. I typically render videos so I need 8 cores to get pumped out pretty quickly. That and I have always liked graphic arts, so photoshop and after effects is fun. Regardless, for $250 (including the motherboard and cpu fan), 8 cores seems like almost a steal. I typically have a lot going on at once on my computer. I currently have a 4 core that I have to overclock to 3.2ghz sometimes depending on the game. It's not fun.. What was that saying my grandpa taught me when I was younger..? Something like "Your computer is only as fast as your slowest part"

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wtf r u challenge me to game? u r on u little pussey, i bet u cant evn gt 4 gfs like me
wat? u scared/????

Offline Nelth

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
I thought was a quote from some movie, but it was a team thing, As in the team is only as strong as its weakest member. Think it was about basketball?

Also, if you have the extra cash, I would recommend this for a case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139005

Really easy to route wires in, looks sexy, and you don't need any tools to install any components into the case. Except the ssd. need a screwdriver for that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:10:21 PM by Wowp1ayer »

Offline Boxman

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »
The general consensus is that if you have 4gb of ram, but six cores and a $300 video card, that technically your computer is being hindered by the ram. (Just an example)
It works with the majority of the parts.

harrizons
Disonarded
ingorent
wat? u scared/????

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 10:30:27 PM »
I thought was a quote from some movie, but it was a team thing, As in the team is only as strong as its weakest member. Think it was about basketball?

Also, if you have the extra cash, I would recommend this for a case. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139005

Really easy to route wires in, looks sexy, and you don't need any tools to install any components into the case. Except the ssd. need a screwdriver for that.
i like the Corsair Obsidian 650D.... (:

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
The general consensus is that if you have 4gb of ram, but six cores and a $300 video card, that technically your computer is being hindered by the ram. (Just an example)
i have 8g or ram and for the most part that is as much as you need to me... mite upgrade later if i feel its needed

Offline Blackllama

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »

That's not a huge issue out of the box though, if he ever decides he needs more he can get it.  RAM is the simplest part to swap IMO.  Also, if we're still talking about Milkdud's build,
Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B – Corsair $44.99
He's got 8GB of RAM.

EDIT: Lol he just said that in the post above me, nevermind.

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 01:54:19 AM »
I forgot to add this in my update but i decided to get a better card the MSI Radeon HD7950 so yeah  Meme9

Offline Finniespin

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 01:55:44 AM »
6k and 7k don't have much difference in performance.

Offline TeH MILKDUD

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 02:04:43 AM »
6k and 7k don't have much difference in performance.
well it was about like $30 more so like i mite as well get the newer one

Offline Nelth

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 02:22:57 AM »
I bought a evga gtx 670, not sure how that compares to the card you are looking at, but it is probably more expensive. Take a gander if you are curious.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-670/

It has performed very well for me.

Conjoint Gaming [Game On]

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 02:22:57 AM »

* ShoutBox!

Refresh History

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal